Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2019, 12:20 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times

Advertisements

I haven't had a good hump in quite a while, but that tale probably belongs in a different forum.

I got a call from a debt collector the other day - yes, I answered the phone before looking - who told me that I owed $7,000 to someone. Really? I thought that I was more than done with all of that. Some days I feel like taking a long walk on a short pier.

My son has (proudly) told me that he uses little toilet paper at home because he works so many hours. That's one way to save a few dollars.

*I'll trade your 84 for the 46 that I'm going to get tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2019, 12:45 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Da*n, G! Where did that come from!!??? I hear ya, been since '11 for me. 'Nother forum.

Holy cow! 11K That stinks! Ya know, Credit Karma sends me reports all the time at my request and the one last month gave suggestions about what to do about companies dunning your credit. The suggestion was to ignore them, they will disappear in 7 years! That's what it said! I happily was following their advice.

Lol, I understand what your son is talking about too! Been there, done that.

I called the dealership and was told it may or may not be a charge but to bring it to service, they'll take a look at it and see what they can do. I will go tomorrow.

Old 10-16-2019, 01:45 PM

I'm not sure tam. He named a credit union that I used to do business with and I still don't understand. I told Mr., "Can we come to an agreement right now?" to send me paperwork. He claimed no knowledge of the type of debt -liar- and told me that I'd receive papers in three days. It's been six days. Clown. I may be clueless about some things, but I'm not stupid.

Good luck with the car thing. That can get really expensive.

Old 10-17-2019, 08:49 AM

Old 10-17-2019, 05:51 PM

This stuff just never ends. Yeah, lets try to bleed more cash from the bereft widow. I still haven't gotten anything. I seriously hope that guy doesn't have children.

"Dad, what do you do for a living?" "I try to bilk vulnerable people out of what little cash that they have left."

I can't do that. I'd prefer to be hungry and wear uncomfortable shoes.

Thankfully, it didn't go down to 46 last night. It was more like 56. It was chilly, but not terribly cold. I have become intolerant of cold.

Old 10-18-2019, 12:00 PM

Good afternoon. The credit place hasn't reported that my bill is paid yet. They want your money fast but take their sweet time doing what they are supposed to do. As a matter of fact, I went to check my credit scores and they went down!!! The apartment complex I first lived in when I got down to Florida is dunning me for breaking my lease. I signed a year lease and ran away in 6 months. I left all that furniture I just paid for Friday in the apartment!! I left almost 3K worth of goods in there and they are probably going to sue me?? BS. I will go to court for that.

Yep, it never ends.

I will face that when the time comes. I prefer to try and be alright.

Have a good Friday!

Old 10-18-2019, 04:13 PM

23,592 posts, read 70,391,434 times
Having been a landlord, left furniture is just a PITA that has to be removed, often at some cost. There is also no bill of sale, so attempting to sell it to recoup losses is a setup for the tenant to come back and sue. A lease is a lease is a lease. Don't waste your time and money trying to do a moral balance that way.

Old 10-18-2019, 04:16 PM

8,491 posts, read 4,735,625 times
First house soon maybe?

Had my first freezin’ of the season this morning, 32* in Indiana.

Chicagoland is lovely in the fall time. And traffic wasn’t bad, always a bonus when you’re trying to haul ***** in a 65’ long rig.

Old 10-18-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
First house soon maybe?

Had my first freezin’ of the season this morning, 32* in Indiana.

Chicagoland is lovely in the fall time. And traffic wasn’t bad, always a bonus when you’re trying to haul ***** in a 65’ long rig.
Hi. Are you in the right place?

Old 10-18-2019, 06:20 PM

8,491 posts, read 4,735,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Hi. Are you in the right place?
Define the right place? Just my thoughts for the day, kinda freeform and unburdened by politics or family or whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning