Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2019, 07:44 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times

Advertisements

Oh, hey, you're not dead. Sometimes no news is good news, and sometimes it's not.

At least we don't have to call the Sheriff to send out the dogs to look for you.

Sorry Tam, I've been ill for a couple of days. The washer is great, and the dryer is going to need a repair soon. It's a bit loud. My son said that it needs rollers and a belt. He knows how to do that so it's not a huge problem for me. I'm just happy to not have to go to the mat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2019, 09:31 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Lol, G, took my sentiments about shades right out of my fingertips! Ya know, that's why I let Linda borrow money for the washer. I didn't want to have to go to the laundromat. I once had my whole dryer full of clothes, towels, sheets, stolen!! I will never forget that. TG I had my parents back then. Hope your son fixes the dryer pronto for ya.

Sounds like things are going good for you, shades. Glad you like your new neighbors. We have new neighbors moving in next door right now. IDK how well this will go. They are Mexican and won't speak English when we are out on the lanai. I don't like that. That is very rude imo. Oh well.

Nada on my plate today. I may run out to Wendy's for a Double Stack. I love those. Bread and butter pickles, real, not rehydrated onions. Mmmm. MickeyD's brought back $1 drinks, so I will stop there for a Sprite. All without having to get dressed!

Have a great Saturday. Cyal.

Old 10-27-2019, 09:28 AM

Hey, G, the Browns are up in Foxboro playing the Patriots at 4:25 today!! It's on CBS.

Old 10-27-2019, 02:35 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,924,649 times
Thanks you two. Yes all is good here. Funny I do not usually stop in to buy drinks in town but was with my friend Jodi and she had to eat something so we went to the Ducks and they had unsweetened tea that was really good. And as you say $1.00. Will be doing that again next time I am in town and thirsty.

Still busting it around here. About to finish the plant stand finally!!! Was so tired last night went to hang my hoya back up and just flat out dropped it on the floor. Pot was fairly new and plastic so did not break but dirt all over. Just walked away from it and cleaned it up this morning first thing. My hand just let go.

HA one of the clothes line wires I am using to put the guard rails on for the plant stand was the last piece I needed to put up. Was busy working and noticed kitty playing with it so oh well keeps him out of my hair. Well dang when I went to needing it it was GONE!!! I searched the house for it nada. Then went out to the kennel and sure enough the little boogar had taken the whole thing to the other end of the house and out the pet door through the cat walk into the kennel. I guess he was having a blast and wore himself out as now he is sleeping back on my bed. Of course.

I have a load of laundry hanging on the front porch over ready to come in. I just did not remember in time last night to gather it before it got damp again in the evening chill. I do not miss my dryer one bit. I rarely used it. I guess with hubby here I used it much more especially in winter. Never in summer. Guess it is all what we get used to.

Well coffee break is over. Two pots down today already. One more rail to put up then put all plants back and clean up my mess.OH My it is a big one for sure.

Happy Sunday.

Old 10-27-2019, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Hey, G, the Browns are up in Foxboro playing the Patriots at 4:25 today!! It's on CBS.
My son works with a guy who is a Browns fan. They briefly discuss it on Monday morning. It's rarely good.

They shouldn't even have to play Patriots and just declare a loss.

Go Browns! I keep hoping that they'll do something.

Old 10-27-2019, 10:13 PM

I missed my dryer, shades, because I have allergies. Hanging things out just means that I'd going to be sneezing.

I had a long talk with my sister tonight. We didn't get along well when we were younger, but we surely do now.

My eldest brother died and neither of can deal with the other one.

I felt terrible about the whole thing.

Geez, Debs has been really sick for over a week. When I returned her call, she was coughing and not doing well.

Old 10-28-2019, 08:08 PM

I still don't feel great, but it's not like I'm going to die or anything like that. If that's imminent, I'll try to let you know.

I'm listening to Joni Mitchell vinyl. Carrie.

Old 10-30-2019, 10:28 AM

That was a good game, kind of. After the first three plays. If the Browns hadn't've run out of time, I bet they would have tied it up again and gone into OT. They defeated themselves with penalties. Patriots of old used to do the same thing.

You have a record player/stereo? Cooool. All my vinyl is gone now.

Hope you are feeling better. I have a small touch of "something". Nothing debilitating, just feeling lousy. I hope your friend gets better. I have a terrible cough too.

I so love the smell of clothes hung out on the line but I don't like ironing so I use a dryer. Fair tradeoff in my mind. I buy the dryer sheets that are supposed to smell like fresh air. Lol. Sheets and pillowcases would be fine but we have too many birds around. Very few small ones too. They are mostly medium to LARGE birds, with droppings to match. A stork went flying through in between the houses yesterday and it put the Herons, Ibis, Blue Herons to shame, size wise. Such a massive break!

Time to hop into the shower. It's clouding up out there and want to beat the t+l.

Hump day again? Seems like we just had one! Be it a good one!

Old 10-30-2019, 01:11 PM

I have a cough, too. Great, I'm glad that I don't have to go to the ER, but this pesky low grade viral scum is annoying. Shouldn't I have a good immune system by now? I'm in my 60s. Maybe I'm at a tipping point. Perhaps my superior immune system is now failing.

I'm blaming it on lead paint, asbestos, and poor air quality in the 1960s. LOL.

Old 10-30-2019, 10:18 PM

Should I post this somewhere else? My sister-in-law just had a heart attack and will soon have surgery. The surgeon seems competent.

I'm totally freaked out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning