Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2019, 10:49 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times

Advertisements

Brrrr! It was 70° at 5:45 am when I woke up to go potty and 56° when I woke up again at 8:30. It's now 62°. Overcast but sun is supposed to come out and get up to 73°. I doubt that will happen. Going down into the 40°s tonight.

Glad you didn't have a major mishap, G! That's the best place for me to land, on my bum. Softens the landing well. I must have wonderfully strong, thick Norwegian Viking bones. I should have had so many bones over the years but only 4 that needed attention.

My body is doing its best to fight off the germs here. Everyone is sick except me. They are such pigs. No covering mouth for coughing or sneezing. I have been taking zinc for over a week now and so far so good. Washing my hands with sanitizer. Sleeping well. I hope it works.

I don't think Florida has chipmunks. Haven't seen a one in 4 years. On either coast.

Happy Hump Day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2019, 09:58 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
A lack of squirrels generally means there is an efficient predator around, such as a fox or feral cat. Populations can vary wildly, even in the same spot.
Cats. It took a while, but I finally started to see them. Then the neighbor told me that she had three of them 'fixed' and fed them once a day. At least I won't have a problem with mice.

The few squirrels that I've seen here run along fences and wires. There's an owl in the neighborhood, too.

Old 12-18-2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Brrrr! It was 70° at 5:45 am when I woke up to go potty and 56° when I woke up again at 8:30. It's now 62°. Overcast but sun is supposed to come out and get up to 73°. I doubt that will happen. Going down into the 40°s tonight.

Glad you didn't have a major mishap, G! That's the best place for me to land, on my bum. Softens the landing well. I must have wonderfully strong, thick Norwegian Viking bones. I should have had so many bones over the years but only 4 that needed attention.

My body is doing its best to fight off the germs here. Everyone is sick except me. They are such pigs. No covering mouth for coughing or sneezing. I have been taking zinc for over a week now and so far so good. Washing my hands with sanitizer. Sleeping well. I hope it works.

I don't think Florida has chipmunks. Haven't seen a one in 4 years. On either coast.

Happy Hump Day.
I don't get sick, or at least very sick, often, either. I have health issues (lol) but infections aren't one of them. When I was in a serious accident in my teens, my spleen was removed and my pancreas damaged in some way. I was told that I could be considered immune compromised during a serious epidemic. When my son and husband were at home because they were ill, I spent some time every day cleaning door handles, light swishes, and faucet handles. You can't forget the toilet handle and the thermostat.

Tea, soup, medication, and tissues. When they were finally up and out, I get a watered down version. I was supposed to be the one who got sick.

Old 12-19-2019, 08:02 PM

With wind chill, the temperature was 18° this morning. It'll be a little warmer tomorrow, and a bit warmer the next day. Cold and dark causes me to feel tired and sends me into hibernation mode.

Old 12-20-2019, 02:18 PM

Oooooo! I don't miss those temps one little bit!

It was 43° when I got up yesterday and I was bundled up for bear! I had my bathrobe, socks, furry winter sleppers, my Patriots knit cap and gloves on!!! I was nice and warm. My face got a little numb....

I was right about two days ago, the sun never came out and it didn't get out of the 60°s.

I still feel okay. Knock on wood.

Have a wonderful Friday!

Old 12-21-2019, 09:07 AM

Good morning! What a nice day....the calm before the storm. It's 69° and muchos windy. It's supposed to start raining tonight and may not stop until Monday. Overcast, right up my alley.

I'm waiting for my wash to finish so I can do the dryer. G, how is your dryer situation doing? Are you back to snuff from your lose to the stairs? Last time I landed on my fanny a few months ago, I hurt for at least a week and had such a humongous black and blue from one cheek to the other. Oooph. Lol, that's where I lost my 4" of height that the nurses say I am now! I compressed my spine....yeah, right.

There's a dead tree a couple of lots over and it is filled with blackbirds all squawking away. It's quiet in the neighborhood and they sound awful loud. We have a blue heron added to the mix of our "odd fellows" of storks and herons. They make me smile so much every time I see them.

I saw a curious thing the other day....a bird who floated in the air like a hummer! It couldn't go backwards but it floated! It wasn't a hummer. It's larger like a woodpecker and it has a black head, a white chest and grayish body. I think it may have been blown off course somehow because it's the only one I have seen and it has such a different sound to it. It's been here a couple of weeks but yesterday and today there is no sign nor any sounds of it. I wonder if the cold got to it or it finally decided to try and find his kind. Kinda sounds empty without hearing it now.

There's a grocery store that has boneless rib roast on sale for $5.99lb! That's a pretty good price for nowadays, isn't it? "The cook" went down to Port Charlotte to go buy one since we can't have what we all want, a baked ham, except for the Muslim.

How is everyone's weather doing? I haven't noticed the past 2 or 3 days. Are the storms over up "there"?

Time to run, washer is almost ready to call me.

Have a great Saturday!

Old 12-21-2019, 05:21 PM

5,576 posts, read 6,504,647 times
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year 2020 to all who post on this thread. I enjoy reading it very much! Keep up the posts. :-)

Old 12-21-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Oooooo! I don't miss those temps one little bit!

It was 43° when I got up yesterday and I was bundled up for bear! I had my bathrobe, socks, furry winter sleppers, my Patriots knit cap and gloves on!!! I was nice and warm. My face got a little numb....

I was right about two days ago, the sun never came out and it didn't get out of the 60°s.

I still feel okay. Knock on wood.

Have a wonderful Friday!
You know that the Patriots cap saved you. I kills me to say that, but I know that it's true. My son's 2018 Eagles military cap saves him all of the time.

Old 12-21-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year 2020 to all who post on this thread. I enjoy reading it very much! Keep up the posts. :-)
Thanks Lodestar. I've been reading your posts forever. Your good cheer is very welcome.

Old 12-21-2019, 05:53 PM

My washer is in pieces after my son decided to remove the lid lock device which annoyed him. He's still trying to figure it out. I have enough clean clothing for the time being, but after that I'm going to be really annoyed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning