Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2019, 09:23 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times

Advertisements

Yikes! I got up at 6:45 and it was 41°!!!! Thank goodness for that bathrobe!!! I wore my Patriots knit cap too. It's 54° now and the high is projected at 62°!!! Maybe the Northeners will like it. That is warmer to them.

IDK why but I have been weepy the past 2,3 days. I've gotten weepy over Mom and Dad and hubby. Just out of the blue I get blue and weepy.

Did anyone go out on Black Friday or go shopping Cyber Monday?

I bought a couple of pair of 14K gold screwback CZ studs. 5mm for my original hole, 4mm for my 2nd hole. I chose not to keep going with more holes when it was the rage. My necklace and the ring I wear all the time are always getting complimented and they are CZ, so I got these.

I did put wires through my ears a week after I mentioned I better do it. I read that the screwbacks keep the posts from killing your neck or behind the ear when in bed, so I snatched them. It was a lightning deal on Amazon. Never had screwbacks. The pain of studs at night has made me not like or wear them. I have a very hard time getting the backs on my earrings now. I'm hoping I can wear these all the time. Christmas, to me from me.

I overheard TWC that Jim is watching. Still snowing or more on the way for Pa/NY? Definitely for Ma., I think I heard.

Ugh, I still am hoping for another Super Bowl but those guys have to get on the same page!

Have a nice Tuesday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2019, 11:42 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
TWC? To me that is the World Trade Center.

No, I didn't shop. I don't like to shop. I didn't even shop online. I'm looking for some shirts and at least one decent sweater, and haven't found anything in two store visits a couple of weeks ago that I would even consider. I started looking online today. There are plenty of sales.

I wasn't weepy, but I certainly felt a bit sad. I miss grandma's pie, mom's stuffing, and many other things.

At least I had them. I have something to miss. Some people don't even have that.

My sister-in-law in rehab after heart surgery is OK, but having some problems. Her incision became infected, and the kitchen keeps sending her the wrong tray, diet. Her son lives in Europe, and her daughter who lives about an hour away isn't doing enough.

Old 12-04-2019, 08:27 PM

I'm sad. I'm not exactly sure why, but I am. I suppose it's because my sister-in-law is still in rehab, my nephew is hyper about his new job, and my son is in a dreary mood about something. :::sigh:::

It was cloudy and rained today.

Old 12-05-2019, 04:27 PM

G, TWC=The Weather Channel. I think the World Trade Center is known by WTC. Sorry to hear your sil has gotten Staph. Most people nowadays get a Staph infection in their incisions. Many hospitals give patients antibiotics pre-op to try and stave it off.

Sounds like a dreary time all the way around you. Hope you can keep your spirits up.

Guess who put up the Christmas tree yesterday?? The Muslim!! I am wondering if he thinks this may be his last, even though he doesn't believe in it, he likes the pretty tree. His PSA is up there in numbers and he can't get an appointment for a test until mid-January. We shall see. Or I shall see. "Box of rocks" doesn't see anything wrong with elevated numbers. According to her "lots of men live for years with high numbers." They do?? Then why do doctors treat men for it so much? My Dad's chemo brought it right down to 0.

I forgot about shades during the Thanksgiving frenzy. Are you with us, dear?

Have a good night, everyone.

Old 12-05-2019, 05:08 PM

23,592 posts, read 70,391,434 times
Most prostate cancers are slow growing, and elevated PSA is just an indicator. Chemo is not generally first line treatment, and the treatment to reduce male hormones in general seems to have little effect in progression outcomes, unless in conjunction with prostate removal and later on in the progression. Watch and wait is generally on a three month or six month basis, so a January appointment would not be unusual unless his numbers are into the double digits.

Old 12-05-2019, 06:49 PM

Thanks Tam. Sometimes my brain takes a break. I'm not sure what my sister-in-law is dealing with, because her daughter, my niece, doesn't have any better information. When I spoke with her (niece) about an hour ago, I didn't learn anything about her progress.

I have worried a bit about shades at times, but I finally realized that I was more concerned than she is.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Thanks Tam. Sometimes my brain takes a break. I'm not sure what my sister-in-law is dealing with, because her daughter, my niece, doesn't have any better information. When I spoke with her (niece) about an hour ago, I didn't learn anything about her progress.

I have worried a bit about shades at times, but I finally realized that I was more concerned than she is.
That's ok, G. It's a very easy thing to do with using initials for everything now.

I'm no doctor but I really bet she has contracted staph. Every single hospital, maybe every medical facility, is infected with staph due to poor housekeeping, I truly believe. Maybe the staph has always been there but I had two operations when I was 4 years old and didn't catch staph with either one but since 1974 I have caught staph every single time I have gone under the knife and in different hospitals.

When my face got ripped open in a car accident, I got staph from the ER. When my mother took me back because my lips were like a Ubangi's, the doc did one little p-rick on my upper lip and the crap just exploded all over the room. Now I would bet the housekeeping did not find all of it. I just bet. Hence, more staph germs left to smolder. Not a pretty story but the truth. Same with my appendix. Infected, Mom took me to the same ER, one p-rick of my belly, explosion. My hysterectomy, teaching hospital and they made a big boo-boo but after days of complaining, the real doctor found it on rounds and saved my life. *sigh*

Lol, yeah, you just taught me something, G! You are absolutely correct that I worry more than shades too! Guess that's what happens when ya don't have people irl to care about.

What a gorgeous day! 40° when I got up at 5:46 am but it's now 70°, feels like 75° with a tiny breeze. Northerners must be ecstatic. Lol, we are too!

Have a good Friday, everyone!

Old 12-06-2019, 10:02 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,236,539 times
Hi everyone!
I bought a power bank for my phone. I used to love to shop. Now I don’t want anything. Well I wanted a smart watch but can’t afford it.
Good night.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:10 PM

It's in the upper 40s here in the Philly burbs. I'm thrilled! I don't have to shovel anything, or clean off the car. Yay!

The little town that I moved to will have a Christmas parade on Sunday. I'm going. This is what I grew up with. I have walked in parades as a girl scout, a high school band member (flag carrier) and pushing a disabled veteran in a wheelchair. I love a good parade. I'm counting on the local high school band showing up. There's nothing better than seeing young people playing musical instruments.

Children and teens who learn to play an instrument, learn to read music, do better in math. My husband could play the trombone quite well, but he never really enjoyed it. He started playing bass guitar in college to earn some cash. He fell in love when he bought his acoustic. ... He used to play and sing to me. Ouch.

News from all over: My older sister is retiring in a few months. I'm happy that she doesn't have to die with her boots on. My nephew still hasn't gotten back to me about his new job. He did Skype, "Hectic." My long time friend, Joe, doesn't have phone service. That's troubling because he's a self employed contractor. Something is wrong. His brother and sister live in the same town, and they aren't covering it.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:13 PM

Getting back to what you said, Tam, how was your face ripped open?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning