Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2019, 09:24 PM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times

Advertisements

Tam, I'm pretty sure that my feet are always cold when it's below 70. Maybe 75. I'm not worried about it because that's been happening for decades. OK, I'm a little worried about it.

I bought one of the pill reminder strips today. I have one medication to take once a day before bed, and I haven't been doing well with that. I wonder if I've put it out to take, or taken it. Damn.

After the loss, my son told me that the Eagles have bested the Patriots one more time than they have beat the birds. I don't know anything about that, but he's probably right. Go Steelers!

Can you tell that I'm from PA?

I used to prop my son up in front of Murphy Brown when he was little. Bad mommy. We once stayed in a disgusting motel room in Virginia, and the only way the I could keep that 3 year old off of the floor was to feed him trashy fast food and turn on Murphy Brown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2019, 08:27 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Good morning, everyone. 67°, sunny at the moment, lower humidity and a little breeze. It was 59° when I got up but now have just a tshirt on.

G, don't know about the stats between our teams. I like the Steelers though. Saw Three River(s?) stadium when I went to Pittsburgh with a load of steel back in the '70s. Terry Bradshaw is one of my faves. I love him on the Sunday pre-game show. Howie Long was born in the same town as my Dad. Somerville, Mass.

Do you smoke, G? That's a big cause of cold hands and feet.

I never watched Murphy Brown so IDK why that makes you a bad mommy! I KNOW of it but never watched.

Ugh, I had my john_golf boozy eggnog last night. What a disappointment and bummer. I had one 10 oz. cup and got a hangover without the buzz!! My head was throbbing so bad. Bummer.

Lol, the Heron is being stalked by a Stork this morning! Silly creatures!

Have a good Tuesday!

Hey, G, I just found out Gronk is a Pittsburgh native!! He lives there again now.

Last edited by tamiznluv; 11-19-2019 at 08:55 AM..

Old 11-19-2019, 10:00 AM

23,589 posts, read 70,358,767 times
FWIW, a little clove or clove, cinnamon and pepper tea can help with cold hands and feet (as well as blood sugar levels). Just don't overdo if you use NSAIDs or are on blood thinners.

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/m...ve-tea-1219436

https://www.bespokespices.com/clove-tea.html

https://www.ndtv.com/food/clove-for-...levels-1943703

Look at the prepackaged chai teas for other variations.

Old 11-20-2019, 09:06 AM

Thanks, Harry.

Cold night, 51°. 52° when I got up at 7. It's 66° now, sunny. Beautiful.

Lol, our "odd couple", the Heron and Stork were out there when I wandered out at a few minutes past 7.

Oh my! Tiredness just hit me. Time for a nap.

Old 11-25-2019, 09:22 PM

I'm always very tired when it gets cold. I'm not sure why it surprises my every year. I guess I think that I should have adapted by now. Nope. I'm still tired.

I've just learned that my son and I are going out on Thanksgiving. I was supposed the spend the day at his house, but that turned out to be a total bust. I really don't want to go out, but his restaurant selection is very thoughtful. It's a casual, neighborhood place - a bourbon, blues place most of the time. I can deal with that.

It looks like salad, choice of five dinners and four desserts. I can do that.

Old 11-26-2019, 09:28 AM

How thoughtful of your son, G. Good boy.

I know we still have a couple of days left but I want to wish everyone Happy Thanksgiving now. We are still breathing, give thanks for that!!

Old 11-26-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
How thoughtful of your son, G. Good boy.

I know we still have a couple of days left but I want to wish everyone Happy Thanksgiving now. We are still breathing, give thanks for that!!
I haven't felt well for a couple of weeks, so he has a backup location much closer to home. That's fine with me. They're open from 6 PM until 2 AM, and will have a turkey dinner on Thursday and Friday. It's a family owned bar/restaurant and has been around and reliable for decades. I'd really rather go there. I'll go to the big gig if I can get there, but I'm not counting on it. I don't want to disappoint him.

I forgot to mention that his first choice will take an hour to get to. That's the rub. The other one is a ten minute drive.

Old 11-26-2019, 10:35 PM

23,589 posts, read 70,358,767 times
Please be well, G.

Old 11-27-2019, 09:42 AM

I'm hoping it's just the change of season that is making you feel unwell, G. I've got that horrid cough back. Guess who started it again? My head feels like a balloon ready to burst. This has been going on a couple of weeks too but I muddle through each day. I sure hope you start feeling better, G.

I've been watching news and TWC just to see what is going on around the country weather wise. Oh, my goodness! Kinda looks like we have the only decent weather going! It's 70 beautiful degrees. No humidity. No rain in sight. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the low 80°s. That is too warm for me. That means I can't open my window to let cooler air in. There are going to be all sorts of germs floating around here with so many kids.

I went to Affordable yesterday to get impressions for my new dentures. I go back at 1:30 this afternoon to pick them up.

Have a good Hump Day. Stay dry and warm wherever you may be.

Old 11-28-2019, 05:00 PM

I hope everyone had a pleasant Thanksgiving today. Mine was pleasant and good food. I was a very good girl and stayed away from all the goodies! Not a one passed my lips. I took very little of the turkey, potatoes, etc. I didn't even touch half of the food that there was. Smaller plates that we normally use, so it was a non stuffed feeling dinner for me. For once!!

Had lots and lots of laughs with one of the guys. He always cracks me up.

Down time now. Having a john_golf eggnog.

I hope you guys didn't have rotten weather. It was hot here. I wasn't the only one feeling it too.

Have a good night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning