Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2019, 09:04 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times

Advertisements

Tam - sounds like we live in the same area. My mother died in late June. Didn't expect it to bother me as much as it has because she abandoned my sister and I when we were 3 & 4 years ago and I had very little contact with her until I was 18. However now that she is gone I miss her. While she was more like an elderly friend than a mother I think about her a lot.

I found out a few months before she died what I suspected for quite a few years. The man I thought was my father wasn't. It doesn't change how I feel about him, it actually gives me a newfound respect for him. I wish he was still alive so I could tell him. :-( My birth father died 10 years ago but I found out I have a half brother & sister who live about 2-3 hours away. I finally contacted my brother Sunday and it turns out they found out about me in the 80's but didn't know my name to try & find me. They were happy I reached out which surprised me. I thought for sure they would think it was some sort of scam; however when they saw I knew both their father & mother's name, their previous New York address and the parent's former phone number in New York, they knew I wasn't a scammer.

So I lost a mother but gained another brother & sister.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2019, 06:53 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Ha-ha, G! Yeah, we can still be friends. The Patriots do occasionally lose. Did your Eagles win last night? I don't like Texas teams but I was hoping the Cowboys won.

It's brutally muggy. 94% so far. Yuck. I am sitting out on the lanai but going in in a few minutes. Too ucky.

Oh, I found the missing part of my key fob yesterday and put it back together. It was missing "in plain sight" on my key chain. I was also looking for the wrong thing. I was thinking of my old fob for the car I traded.

I am off to go get cool.

Have a good Monday, everyone.
The evil Cowboys won. Damn. Your gain and my loss.

I keep hoping that the Browns will do something. I may not live that long.

Old 10-22-2019, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Tam - sounds like we live in the same area. My mother died in late June. Didn't expect it to bother me as much as it has because she abandoned my sister and I when we were 3 & 4 years ago and I had very little contact with her until I was 18. However now that she is gone I miss her. While she was more like an elderly friend than a mother I think about her a lot.

I found out a few months before she died what I suspected for quite a few years. The man I thought was my father wasn't. It doesn't change how I feel about him, it actually gives me a newfound respect for him. I wish he was still alive so I could tell him. :-( My birth father died 10 years ago but I found out I have a half brother & sister who live about 2-3 hours away. I finally contacted my brother Sunday and it turns out they found out about me in the 80's but didn't know my name to try & find me. They were happy I reached out which surprised me. I thought for sure they would think it was some sort of scam; however when they saw I knew both their father & mother's name, their previous New York address and the parent's former phone number in New York, they knew I wasn't a scammer.

So I lost a mother but gained another brother & sister.
I'm happy that you have found them. You can only gain from that.

Old 10-23-2019, 09:32 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
I'm glad your family is accepting of you, chi. Unless your mother was a hardcore drug addict, I am sure she thought leaving was best for you and your sister. Sometimes people do those things unselfishly. Moderator cut: Details of situation deleted

I haven't taken notice of the Browns, G. I think that is where Belichick started his career? Never fear, 3 years and Brady will be retired. Then everyone has a chance. I used to say that about the Red Sox. Almost last thing I said to Dad, as a matter of fact in '04. Dad said they would. He died that night and the Soxies went on to win their 1st WS! They have won 3 or 4 times since! There is always hope. Lol, we used to say it about the Patriots too! Pre Brady. We were the bridesmaids a couple of times.

I got a present in the mail Monday! A check for $500 from Hyundai! Something about an incentive not used in my deal. Whoopie! What a good time for that! I put $300 in the bank, kept $200 in cash. I ordered the rain thingies for my suv windows and I am getting a locking gas cap. Who knew I should have checked the gas to see if it locked on the outside like every other vehicle I have had for years!! No auto store has them...too new a vehicle they say. Well the year is almost over what more does Hyundai want? All the stores told me Hyundai and KIA don't sell incidentals to auto stores too much because they want us to buy from the dealerships. I went to Amazon and the reviews for the caps are miserable. So I will go to the dealership. IF the price is decent. I shall see.

My window rain thingies were supposed to come in this morning. I am waiting for my laundry to dry and then I am going. Linda had an appointment with a Chiropractor this morning and the washer and dryer were empty so I flung my clothes in. Na na na na. That's how I fell about getting to do my stupid laundry around here. With technically MY washer! She still hasn't paid me for it since March!

Oh well, c'est la vie. Have a good 'nother Hump Day!

Last edited by harry chickpea; 10-23-2019 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: Possible legal repercussions

Old 10-23-2019, 04:15 PM

I'm supposed to be getting a washer and dryer today. My son found them on Facebook Marketplace. Whatever. He was going to pick them up at 5 and be here by now. It's not happening.

I think that I'm going to listen to Joni Mitchell for a while.

Old 10-23-2019, 04:22 PM

Old 10-23-2019, 05:08 PM

It was loud and fast. No appliance dolly. It was two strong, wirey, guys doing pretty much what they do every day.

Old 10-24-2019, 07:17 AM

Good morning, everyone. So, G, you got the washer and dryer in yesterday? Two brawny men did it? Decent shape? What brand? Isn't it wonderful to have a washer and dryer again?

I spent the past two days searching for a locking gas cap, right? I ended up down at the dealership and they sent me to parts section. The girl there told me the outside gas cover locked when the doors locked but there was no inside button to push! Oh my word. So any time I got gas, of course the thing was unlocked!! I never read the manual about the gas. Didn't think I needed to. lol Shame on me.

Got my rain thingies. It would be nice if we could have a no humidity day so maybe the tape would stick. I am going to read the package and see maybe if dummy me could put them on. Maybe. They are different than the other ones I bought for the car. These go inside the windows and then tape to the inside of the frame, not the outside. Maybe!

Have a great Thursday!

Ok......where is our friend, shades??

Old 10-25-2019, 09:06 AM

Got my rain thingies on this morning. To do a real good job it took two people. Ben put the "visors" into the window tracks while I put the windows up and down to make sure they were properly installed. We did a good job and Ben exclaimed "Wow, sure makes it look better!" Yup, they sure do. Dealerships should have those things as part of exterior packages. They are classy looking.

After Ben was through, I decided to wipe down the exterior of my suv because it was so soaking wet from dew. I had wiped off my windows and stuff, so did the suv. It was getting dirty looking from all the pollution and dirty roads. I'm too cheap to go to a car wash. "She" came out looking brandy-new! Yay. Guess I should do that more often.

The other demon stayed home from school today. The one who stays in the bathroom an hour at a time. He pulls this "I don't feel good" bs on Mondays and Fridays, no fail. These two are going to be just like their mother or trolls living under a bridge.

Have a great Friday!

Old 10-25-2019, 04:30 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,924,649 times
Tamiznluv,

Now you are making me go look at my manual. Well not this minute but I will go look when I have more time. HA when will that ever be? My gas tank does not even have a cap on it but does have some sort of anti siphon thing in it.

Sorry again I have been MIA. I have just been so crazy busy around here. No idea how so many things always need to be done? Literally worked ,and HARD, for 10 hours yesterday and did not get done but just had to shower and go to bed. Slept about 9 hours over night so yes I got up late.

Got a message on FB from my one best friend here asking if I wanted some more elk meat. OH Yes free is always good. Especially deer and elk as they are lower in fats. It was freshly shot and delivered to me both hind quarters. And YES this is legal. Elk was tagged and I was given a written slip with the information and tag number and signature. If any one were to see it hanging in my garage there is no worries. I am not into doing illegal things. I will be busy cutting and wrapping in a week or so. Depending on the weather. Supposed to get really cold tomorrow and it is not all that warm today. Needless to say I had to clean out and organize my freezers house and garage. Might have to call a neighbor to store the excess for me. Some I will make into jerky.My friend has a meat slicer she is going to bring over. Cutting it cross grain will help make jerky more tender.

Have new neighbors move in. I guess they will be winter neighbors and go back east where their other house is for the summers. They seem to be very nice people. so happy about this. I unloaded a pile of sheet roofing to them and my burn barrel. Happy happy for both of us. The man is also a builder do everything kind of guy so I am making a list. They both are looking for part time employment. So happy to think the neighbor hood is improving. I also met the other neighbors that back up to my side fence after well over a yer and they also seem to be very nice. Just stay to themselves kind of people.

Also neighbors with three kids moved to a much larger house and I heard a young fella is moving in. He is supposed to be nice and has a good job.

Had the first snow October 9th. Such a tiny amount I do not think it would even count as a skiff. I did photo it. Snow on bright green ground cover. Still working on winterizing things in the yard. The biggest project left now is raking the leaves. Tree just started to drop them. Hoping to get out there when I finish pouring more coffee down my throat and get the first layer of them raked up. Did a final mow yesterday and put the mower into the garage and winterized it.

Guess that is about all. Hoping now the yard is put to bed I will have more time to come here and visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning