Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2019, 10:53 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times

Advertisements

It was so nice out on the lanai at 5:30 this morning! 65°! It was wonderful! I didn't even use my new bathrobe, I was enjoying feeling chilly! Opened my window for a while. Raining off and on.

Forgot to put earrings in yesterday. Ugh about your holes, G, but glad it doesn't bother you much.

Oh, the old thumper syndrome. Been there, had that. Oh well, at least it's drying!

Have a good Saturday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2019, 03:24 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,924,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
OK, I have this thread in my subscriptions, and enjoy seeing a new post. So since I just lurk, I have no clue as to Tami's situation. How did you come to live in Fla. with peeps that have demons for kids, LOL? And Gerania, what is your story? Shades, I read about you a while ago somewhere, then found you as a regular poster on this thread of Tami's so I am somewhat familiar with you. I enjoy all 3 of you. Maybe I will be more "social" once I know what y'all are about.

Oh, if you refer to me, please add the numbers on as well, as there is another poster with the same name, minus the numbers, and sometimes people get us mixed up. We don't always have the same view on things, so don't want to create a problem for either of us. Thank you!

Love the color of the robe you picked out, Tami. Isn't it nice to get something new that you want, need and love?
Loadstar 77, So sorry I totally missed your post above. Been having so many computer issues. GGGRRRR Fed up with it right now. Waiting for real help to arrive home from her vacation.

Please chime in any time you feel like it. I feel we all are a pretty friendly group on this thread. What I have experienced anyway.

Old 11-09-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
My son gave me a Google Assistant thingy bob. Thanks?

Today I asked it to provide me with the sound of howling wolves. I only did that because my son's cat is staying with me for a few days and I wanted to see how she would react. Nothing, but she's from the east coast. She did air time when a hawk screamed through the side yard about five years ago.
LOL Poor kitty. I will never forget the first time I heard a mountain lion carrying on. H My what a horrible noise. I had no idea what it was. A few on Facebook in my local area also heard it and then some one identified it as a mountain lion. I googled it and sure enough same sound I was hearing. Shudder. Not sure how close it was to the house. Lots of open land around me.

My little dog has fits when I am watching youtube and some ones little dog will start in with a squeaker toy. Or He ears a doorbell during a movie. NOT my door bell I do not have one. But he knows the door bell from his previous house.

Old 11-09-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
She has posted pictures in this very thread, and I have read the whole thing. I love to see pictures, any pictures, of and from people, makes me realize there is life out there outside of my little circle of sheltered life.
Aw Thanks Loadstar77 Appreciate compliments. I do some pretty crazy stuff around here so I have been told. At least I am having fun.

Old 11-09-2019, 07:20 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Oh my shades, I don't ever want to hear a mountain lion in the distance.

Old 11-09-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Oh my shades, I don't ever want to hear a mountain lion in the distance.
Well at the time since I had no idea WHAT was making that horrible noise I was concerned but not freaked out. If I hear it again I will be cautious letting my dogs out into the yard. Go out with them and carry my 38.

Old 11-09-2019, 08:10 PM

Sixty-five tam?! That's great. I can scarcely imagine how thrilled that you were. After all of that intense heat and humidity, I can see why feeling a little chilly was welcome.

Old 11-12-2019, 09:43 PM

It snowed today and was very windy. It's cold. I really don't like cold.

My sister-in-law is OK and has been moved to rehab. I have no idea how long she'll be there. The longer the better, because she lives alone.

Old 11-13-2019, 10:30 PM

Still cold and windy. I just typed a response to a thread and lost it.

I hate when that happens.

Old 11-14-2019, 05:47 AM

23,592 posts, read 70,391,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Make sure you aren't putting cooked bones out there. They splinter and will painfully kill dogs, cats and coyotes.
Only raw bones.
I've been thinking about your comment for a few days. I've put out turkey carcass bones for years, and I know for a fact that the neighbor's barkster eats his share with no ill effects. I've watched him eat, and he is still around after ten years.

What I think you are missing is that, in making the soup I boil the bones for at least three hours, to the point the small ones are soft and when the larger ones break there are no long jagged parts. If the bones were tossed after roasting the bird, but without the added boiling, I can see how the heat might harden them and be a problem for some animals. Thinking more about it and the integrity of the bones and collagen, the danger probably goes Roast bones > Raw bones > Briefly cooked Soup bones > Soup and stock bones.

Looking online, the general advice is that NO bones are safe for dogs, including pork, T bones, and cow's hooves. At a certain point, one has to step back and think - "Hey, waitaminute. These are CARNIVORES that survived and thrived in the wild by killing and eating other animals, bones and all. To claim that they can't eat bones flies in the face of history." Mind, that toy breeds and dogs that we have genetically screwed up don't fit that characterization, but coyotes and any feral dogs do.

The only dead carnivore I've seen around here was one of the foxes, and I'm pretty sure it was mange that killed it. Feral dogs don't last in the country anyway, as they can pack together and "worry" cattle. Farmers shoot them on sight, and with good reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning