Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 02:14 PM

409 posts, read 318,857 times

Advertisements

Why??? THREAT OVER!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 02:37 PM

I guess I should explain that in detail. What's the first thing you do in a gunfight guys? ID your target. (Friendly or enemy) Finger should be OUTSIDE the trigger-guard until getting on target. The next step is attempting ( I say that loosely) to align your sights. (If you have time). You then ID the threat and proceed to either move in on the trigger, or abort depending on what "he" does. Shooting someone in the back won't look good for you. Ok...still think one box a year is enough practice? No bleeping way!!

Old 01-22-2012, 03:30 PM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
This thread is so far off base, it's not even funny.....

If someone has you in a corner, all ready has their pistol on you....it's very doubtful that 99% of the people would even know what to do. Much less anything that has been said in this thread....

Of course, we have some people in this thread a few others...that are world champion shooters....just ask them.....

6 shot's dead center in less than a second?

Old 01-22-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
This thread is so far off base, it's not even funny.....

If someone has you in a corner, all ready has their pistol on you....it's very doubtful that 99% of the people would even know what to do. Much less anything that has been said in this thread....

Of course, we have some people in this thread a few others...that are world champion shooters....just ask them.....

6 shot's dead center in less than a second?
You are never good enough. Practice-practice-practice!! There is a lot more to it than buying a .38 and sticking it in a drawer!

Old 01-22-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxQ View Post
You are never good enough. Practice-practice-practice!! There is a lot more to it than buying a .38 and sticking it in a drawer!
I want you to search, in this forum....for practice, practice, practice....

I was slapped down......practice does not make perfect....perfect practice makes perfect.....

Go look, it's there....is that what you also believe?

And there was another, also....same type of BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-22-2012, 05:33 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,841,916 times
Quote:
I've had exactly that....right between my eyes. It taught a VERY valuable lesson about having the mental capacity to talk your way out of things. It took a rookie cop from a smart-a** "know it all" to a seasoned, reasoned officer in about a millisecond. There's times when the WORST thing you can do is pull a weapon - and others when you need to get it out rightdamnnow, even though there's no discernable threat to the average person.

A very good friend preached to me "Uh-oh is too late!". Unfortunately, he forgot his own lesson.....I pray I never do.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
I've had exactly that....right between my eyes. It taught a VERY valuable lesson about having the mental capacity to talk your way out of things. It took a rookie cop from a smart-a** "know it all" to a seasoned, reasoned officer in about a millisecond. There's times when the WORST thing you can do is pull a weapon - and others when you need to get it out rightdamnnow, even though there's no discernable threat to the average person.

A very good friend preached to me "Uh-oh is too late!". Unfortunately, he forgot his own lesson.....I pray I never do.
Those hammerless J-Frames come in handy for that. They can be shot right through your pocket. Ever see a State Trooper walk up to your vehicle with his hand in his pocket when talking to you? His hand on his duty weapon would frighten most and isn't PC. You can bet your bones, that snubbie in his pocket is ready to go bang IN A DAMN HURRY! You won't even see it coming until it's too late. Smart-smart-smart!!!

Old 01-22-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
I want you to search, in this forum....for practice, practice, practice....

I was slapped down......practice does not make perfect....perfect practice makes perfect.....

Go look, it's there....is that what you also believe?

And there was another, also....same type of BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your point? No practice means you stink!

Old 01-22-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxQ View Post
Your point? No practice means you stink!
My point? You really have to ask that...

So, you are agreeing with them.....

Old 01-22-2012, 06:33 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,622,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
I have noticed that apparently about 99% of the people on the Internet can out-shoot me any day of the week. I may be one of the few people on Earth who can't put 6 holes in a target at 50 yards within a 3" circle rapid-hip-firing a .44 mag. Doesn't it suck to suck so bad? I feel your shame brother.
Remember if the target/offender is 50 yards away they are likely not a threat to you.

The one time I pulled and shot was at 3am in my bedroom. I had to make the quick decision between my glasses or the 45. I placed two 45 slugs in a belly, who ever owned that belly left my home and did not return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting