Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 10:17 AM

827 posts, read 1,673,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxQ View Post
Actually Willie, shooting ballons filled full of helium is good practice for moving targets. You will need a RC car or truck of some sort though to move them around. Use different colors and sizes to make it more real.
Balloons is too big!! I use them smaller targets [golfballs] You don't have to tell me how to shoot I was shooting for 45 yrs. [AND have been shot at quite a few times as well]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 10:44 AM

409 posts, read 318,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar Willie View Post
Balloons is too big!! I use them smaller targets [golfballs] You don't have to tell me how to shoot I was shooting for 45 yrs. [AND have been shot at quite a few times as well]
That says it all. I'll also admit I was scared. It also tends to make you do everything you can next time. You can always tell a guy who was. He's "so into" practice and being a perfectionist, he won't settle for less.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:38 AM

1,194 posts, read 4,128,034 times
My Vietnam buddy here in Florida was in a terrible situation and he showed incredible restraint.

He was driving his truck on a well traveled road when another pickup truck passed him and broke his mirror. My buddy got out of his vehicle only to be spit on by the other driver who had an audience of his fellow contruction workers...My buddy does have a CCW and carries concealed.

This other guy came at him once again with a hammer swinging and my buddy restrained himself even after this guy took three swings at my buddy.....My buddy sued this POS and won a reasonable amount but in my opinion it was not enough.. He did receive a few hundred and a new mirror...I can truly say the construction worker was a very lucky abuser and he didn't know that my buddy carrried until the trial where he began sweating hard after he was told...

Weapons are not a game where one can threaten another person....You draw and fire. That's it...

Old 01-30-2012, 09:56 AM

409 posts, read 318,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy1 View Post
My Vietnam buddy here in Florida was in a terrible situation and he showed incredible restraint.

He was driving his truck on a well traveled road when another pickup truck passed him and broke his mirror. My buddy got out of his vehicle only to be spit on by the other driver who had an audience of his fellow contruction workers...My buddy does have a CCW and carries concealed.

This other guy came at him once again with a hammer swinging and my buddy restrained himself even after this guy took three swings at my buddy.....My buddy sued this POS and won a reasonable amount but in my opinion it was not enough.. He did receive a few hundred and a new mirror...I can truly say the construction worker was a very lucky abuser and he didn't know that my buddy carrried until the trial where he began sweating hard after he was told...

Weapons are not a game where one can threaten another person....You draw and fire. That's it...
That hammer was indeed a "deadly weapon". He could have been shot just as easy. One whack to the skull or head and he would have wished he pulled his CCW handgun. I'd say BOTH were very lucky.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:51 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxQ View Post
50 yards is rifle territory. 25-50 feet isn't out of line though. It amazes me all the guys who only shoot and practice at 7-10 feet. What if...what if...what if you are scr*wed?

at the range, I practice and shoot out to 25 meters, a bit over 75 feet. at work we practice quite a few different distances, qualify for them and use both pistol and rifles at CQB distances and rifle distances.

Old 02-04-2012, 02:40 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR1MKM View Post
why would anyone need that inside their house? that sounds more like sniping than self defense. if it came to that, any rifle is better. 1911s didn't kill many people as people seem to think. m1s did as well as others.

why would anyone need what? in their own home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting