Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 07:18 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,172,043 times

Advertisements

I've had the pleasure over the last few years to test fire some S&W M&Ps. Upon the very first time out, I was instantly impressed. S&W finally nailed it with these. It wasn't long after, I went out and bought my first one. The first one I bought was a full size .45 ACP. I shot the hell out of it since I bought it. This one has had about 3K down the pipe in less than two years. I later added a 9C (9mm compact)... I also shot the hell out of that one too, approx 2K. The next was full size 9mm and a full size 357 SIG. I've been a GLOCK nut since the late 80's. I own and love many of them in Gen 2 and Gen 3 form. To my disappointment, the Gen 4s lack reliabilty/quality and have been having some serious problems. This was a hard pill to swallow for me. I was ticked and heartbroken. My friends who weren't as diehard GLOCK as I am suggested I give these a try. I haven't looked back since. These are right up there with my Sig Sauers and 2nd/3rd Gen GLOCKs. They all have proven themselves very accurate and very reliable. They point naturally and feel great in the hand with superb ergonomics. They are just as reliable as a Sig or GLOCK in my four examples. I installed night sights and Apex Tactical Duty/Carry trigger upgrade kits in all of them. All of them have a Apex RAM in them except the .45. They don't make one yet for it. As soon as they do, ones going in. I'm SOLD!! This is a Smith & Wesson M&P thread. Who has one and wants to talk about them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 09:16 PM

Now that M&P is rockin'!

DCAEK Part 1.wmv - YouTube

DCAEK Part 2.wmv - YouTube

RAM Install - YouTube

Secondary Benefit of the Apex RAM - YouTube

Old 02-27-2012, 02:12 PM

smith & wesson M&P .40S&W review and shoot - YouTube

Old 02-27-2012, 03:56 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,899,456 times
yes everyone, there are options to Glock!
I went with the XD as well, part of the reason was, well, it wasn't a glock. I have nothing against a glock, well maybe a bit on the clunky trigger and just the feel of the glock, and the lack of external safeties which is simply personal preference. Something about the angle of the grip in respect to the barrel also I did not like.

But this is about M&P's: An M&P was on my short list of weapon selections. I liked the changable back grips. An excellent weapon, as are many of the polymer weapon options available today.

One thing about the glock vs. Springfield- I sure do wish there were drop in trigger modifations available for the XD like there are for the glock.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
yes everyone, there are options to Glock!
I went with the XD as well, part of the reason was, well, it wasn't a glock. I have nothing against a glock, well maybe a bit on the clunky trigger and just the feel of the glock, and the lack of external safeties which is simply personal preference. Something about the angle of the grip in respect to the barrel also I did not like.

But this is about M&P's: An M&P was on my short list of weapon selections. I liked the changable back grips. An excellent weapon, as are many of the polymer weapon options available today.

One thing about the glock vs. Springfield- I sure do wish there were drop in trigger modifations available for the XD like there are for the glock.
You might be in luck on that one. I overheard some guys talking at the gun show this weekend. One old timer claimed he had a trigger job done on his XDm. I heard him say it and chimed in with the Apex kits I've installed in my M&Ps. He said he has a XDm 4.5 9mm. He also agreed how much better the upgrade made to his XDm. I didn't catch what brand of parts though. He said he belongs to a XD/XDm club that shoots matches against each other. That figures and makes perfect sense. Someone there would sure know about on and where to get it. You might want to check that out online.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:25 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
I AM the GLOCK God. I own fifteen. One or two shouldn't hurt too bad!
Obsessive collecting yes. Godlike no.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Obsessive collecting yes. Godlike no.
Ok, I'll listen to ALL of your opinions on the matter. I might learn something about them!

Old 02-27-2012, 04:29 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
Ok, I'll listen to ALL of your opinions on the matter. I might learn something about them!
Just funnin ya. Enjoy.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:39 PM

S&W M&P9: "Proven Excellence" by Nutnfancy - YouTube

Old 02-27-2012, 05:24 PM

50 posts, read 70,403 times
Anyone contemplating purchasing the M&P in 9mm should look into the early unlocking problems and poor accuracy issues that have plagued them. These issues don't pertain to the .40 or .45 but are a real issue in the 9mm version.

The stock M&P trigger and reset suck, however, Apex makes some outstanding parts for the M&P which help fix that issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting