Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 08:59 AM

116 posts, read 546,564 times

Advertisements

Alaska.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 03:03 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,156,033 times
Thank you all for your responses.....my leanings so far are 1. Wyoming....2. Panhandle of Idaho.... Otherwise still investigating...

Old 07-01-2012, 11:35 AM

3,237 posts, read 6,325,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
The one thing I don't like about Florida, when I visit with my allowed MS concealed carry permit, is the paronoid laws they have about printing. It gives police a license to hassle even legal concealed carry owners....unless they changed the law since last year (I see your statement "no silly "painting" restriction for concealed carry").
They changed that in 2011. The "printing" issue no longer exists.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:43 AM

3,237 posts, read 6,325,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
But Arizona is a big state with all sorts of economic opportunities as well as all sorts of different climates.
You must have never been to Arizona.

They have 1 climate: desert. Dry, arid, hot, desert. The entire state. And the economy is one of the worst in the country, housing market tanked, and the state is run by a bunch of wacko teabaggers. Personally, I would avoid Arizona.

Vermont has some brutal winters and not much going on economically.

Alaska: not wasting my time explaining why you should not live there

Wyoming: it's nice if you are independently wealthy and dont mind living in the middle of nowhere

I dont know who Larry Pratt is, but honestly Florida and Texas are the two best states for gun rights that are also civilized and you dont have to live in the middle of nowhere and there are actually jobs.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:46 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Mine is good in all fifty plus every US territory and possession; it's called the Second Amendment.

"A law that is repugnant to the Constitution need not be obeyed." US Supreme Court Chief Justice John Marshall

"No injury, no crime.", William Blackstone, Commentaries on the Laws of England
Not when it comes to CCW laws of other states. Let us know how that works for a defense if you gret busted in a state like Kansas which does not reciprocate with WY on CCW.

U.S. CCW Reciprocity Map from CarryConcealed.net

Old 07-01-2012, 01:34 PM

350 posts, read 848,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post

They have 1 climate: desert. Dry, arid, hot, desert. The entire state.
YOU my friend have obviously never been to Arizona, or at least very much of it. Flagstaff, AZ has more days that dip below freezing than any other city in the country, they also get over 100 inches of snow per year. The area is the largest contiguous ponderosa pine forest in the country (aka NOT desert). Prescott is a mild climate, but warmer with less snow. There is even a ski resort in Tucson, Arizona at Mount Lemmon, which also gets alot of snow and is forested.

Last edited by ohazco; 07-01-2012 at 02:26 PM..

Old 07-01-2012, 09:12 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,200,258 times
Quote:

They have 1 climate: desert. Dry, arid, hot, desert. The entire state. And the economy is one of the worst in the country, housing market tanked, and the state is run by a bunch of wacko teabaggers. Personally, I would avoid Arizona.

Wyoming: it's nice if you are independently wealthy and dont mind living in the middle of nowhere

I dont know who Larry Pratt is, but honestly Florida and Texas are the two best states for gun rights that are also civilized and you dont have to live in the middle of nowhere and there are actually jobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohazco View Post
YOU my friend have obviously never been to Arizona, or at least very much of it. Flagstaff, AZ has more days that dip below freezing than any other city in the country, they also get over 100 inches of snow per year. The area is the largest contiguous ponderosa pine forest in the country (aka NOT desert). Prescott is a mild climate, but warmer with less snow. There is even a ski resort in Tucson, Arizona at Mount Lemmon, which also gets alot of snow and is forested.
Lots of people don't know anything about the non-coastal Western states, particularly the SW. Obviously, he's never been outside of Florida... where they have hot, humid weather, gnarly mosquitoes, 'gators, swamps, hurricanes, and occasional flooding.

Most of the interior Western states are pretty good on gun laws.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:17 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,609,640 times
Default It's not just the laws.

I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon. At one point he had me turn on to my side. When I did I yelped. He asked me what was the matter and I responded that I'd rolled on my gun. He just chuckled and went on with the examination after I rearranged. He didn't ask me why I was carrying or object in any way; it certainly didn't frighten him. I could have been referring to a cell phone. This is the culture; it's fully as important as the laws if you wish to have a pleasant life.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:39 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,460,718 times
Quote:

Are you kidding me. You are so ******. Give me Arizona over Florida anyday.

Op don't listen to this guy. Arizona has got plenty of mountains, grasslands, desert, anything you like. A lot of people have guns. One of the best states to hunt and fish and do anything outdoors. Other states could be Wyoming, Utah, Montana, Oklahoma, and Texas.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:40 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,460,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohazco View Post
Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting