Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 10:04 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,035,149 times

Advertisements

Online isn't watching TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 10:19 PM

3,199 posts, read 13,399,081 times
Those of us that live here hope it's a success so we watch it! I hope they chase someone all the way to Kona one day.

We always got a huge kick out of watching shows "located" in Las Vegas when we lived there. They would have the Hard Rock next door to the Mirage or some such thing!

Old 10-18-2010, 04:14 AM

4 posts, read 11,973 times
The beautiful scenery shown in the Hawaii 5-0 episode with the prison is at a place in Honolulu called Tantalus. It's a popular look out spot. It is nowhere near the prison though. A lot of the scenes on the show are from different locations throughout Hawaii.

Just because they are driving to the airport or into town in the show, does not mean that they will use the exact routes. The background could be anywhere.

Old 10-18-2010, 04:33 PM

820 posts, read 3,035,616 times
8-year old Aidan La Prete Powell, who performed yesterday at the Maui Ukulele Festival, is going to be featured on Hawaii 5-0, playing & singing "Hey Soul Sister". He's pretty adorable, and getting lots of press.

You can see him on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqC8EZxGylE

I like that H50 is on, not that terrific a show yet, but I like having a locally shot show for many reasons. I just hope that people don't start to believe we have terrorists kidnapping & shooting, shootouts at school football games, and all that. Might give some wanna-be bad a** a wrong idea!

Old 10-18-2010, 07:04 PM

57 posts, read 120,848 times
Awww...cute! Thanks for sharing that!

I know what you mean! Don't want to scare off the tourists and yet Hawaii 5-O is all about catching the bad guys!

Old 10-19-2010, 03:22 AM

91 posts, read 279,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythoughtsandopinions View Post
The beautiful scenery shown in the Hawaii 5-0 episode with the prison is at a place in Honolulu called Tantalus. It's a popular look out spot. It is nowhere near the prison though. A lot of the scenes on the show are from different locations throughout Hawaii.

Just because they are driving to the airport or into town in the show, does not mean that they will use the exact routes. The background could be anywhere.

I noticed last week that in one U-turn, they went from the airport, swoosh, Ewa, swoosh, H3 Kaneohe bound. I found that hilarious.

I also love the long stretches in town where they can drive fast without every braking.

I really do love watching the show though. And I love talking to my Mom on the mainland about it afterwards.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:42 PM

682 posts, read 2,794,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcd23 View Post
I also love the long stretches in town where they can drive fast without every braking.
Yeah, but all TV shows do this. I used to love that on 24, they could get anywhere in So Cal in, like, 5 minutes. Seriously, they would have spent 4-6 of the 24 hours stuck in freeway traffic if it was anything like real life.

For Hawaii 5-0, I like that I can see my house on the big, panoramic shots. I always freeze frame it and wave at myself.

I think the writing has been pretty mediocre. The acting of the leads is pretty good. The bad-guy-of-the-week has been pretty bad acting. But I'll keep watching it for now.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:54 PM

820 posts, read 3,035,616 times
Yup, and there's always parking in front of a building. Cars just pull up and turn into the parking space - no parallel parking in the TV universe!

Plus if you watch TV or movies, you'll notice they wet down the streets & sidewalks. Makes them look darker and more even, instead of the real life multi-color, dirty surfaces. Once you start to see it, it looks odd that apparently there has just been a rainstorm everywhere, or else streets were washed at any time of day.

So the next time you want to take a nice picture of your house, move the cars, wet down the street & sidewalk, and stand back in the street or across the street. It makes a big difference!

Old 10-19-2010, 07:10 PM

57 posts, read 120,848 times
I was disappointed in last night's show. There were so many similarities to one of the other story lines. Kidnapping child, and dad forced to access info on the computer. I like the show but the writers need to get more creative and not so predictable.I think that is why they fell to #2. I thought the premier was the best and had a a lot of humor mixed in.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:08 PM

109 posts, read 410,148 times
I love watching also...waiting to see my house! Anyway, I don't think it will last because the acting and writing are just so-so. If I didn't live on Ouha....I might not even watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: