Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 12:06 PM

820 posts, read 3,036,745 times

Advertisements

The show is still on my recording list, and I do enjoy it, but am not yet really impressed with it. Fun, and I really hope it continues, but I have yet to really care about the characters.

I'd like to see them having more fun. I know the characters are all so serious - tortured Steve, sputtering Dano, damaged rep Chin, lowered brow Kono... I hope they lighten up a bit and ENJOY themselves and each other.

This weeks dead roasted cop in a kalua pig pit was sure to put a few visitors off pork for a while!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 05:06 PM

63 posts, read 205,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanz View Post
I wish they had used Jason Scott Lee in a good guy role so that he could be around longer. He's a decent acting talent raised in Hawaii.
I had that exact same thought while I was watching the episode.

I don't think I would be watching if the show were set in California or such, but it is such lovely eye candy, and will surely seem better and better as the temperature drops around here!

Old 12-01-2010, 12:21 PM

57 posts, read 120,919 times
Default Nov. 29th episode?

I have been recording the shows on my dvr. Was there a show
this last Monday? I don't see it was recorded.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:10 PM

116 posts, read 397,537 times
Because we no longer live in Hawaii we love to watch it on Monday nights. It reminds us that Hawaii is soo colorful and vibrant. Grace Park looks like a local girl and its funny that she was also cast as Boomer in the Battlestar Galactica series a few years ago, which was formerly a male role, just like her Kono character in 5-0. Daniel Dae Kim is actually a new "local" and really embraces his life in Hawaii. He twittered that he actually tried to convince the producers to keep the "slippers" in the scene. We like trying to figure out where the scenes were shot. And for the most part it appears that they are using real location names, which has been nice. One last thing...you're only a local if you speak "bird"!

Old 12-06-2010, 08:24 PM

88 posts, read 257,912 times
Yep main reason I watch is to see some scenery and the music. As someone else asked, would be nice if they showcase the neighbor islands. Tried to go to their website to suggest but couldn't figure out how. Maybe enough of us could get their attention if they are still filming?

Old 12-07-2010, 12:49 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,404,772 times
My wife and I gave up on the new Hawaii Five-O, as we didn't like the characters or the writing. We've been watching the original series on DVD. Seasons 1 and 2 were uneven, and some of the episodes were pretty silly, but season 3 is outstanding so far -- great stories, solid writing and dialogue, and not at all dated. The Amazon reviews say that season 3 was when the series really hit its stride. So now I'm okay with not liking the new version, because I have many, many hours of the old version ahead of me.

Old 12-12-2020, 02:23 AM

26 posts, read 32,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post
EdLo,

Jack was also that way (aloof, not social) at his condo...ask his neighbors!

I can't explain his aloofness on the set but at home in private life, maybe just he and Marie was all he really wanted...or needed. Still, he didn't socialize with his neighbors there at Kahala (didn't invite anyone over or accept such invitations) which I think he COULD have done at least occasionally and still have plenty of privacy the rest of the time.

Hey...got your badge?
That is what the movie magazines said, but not the truth. Just who were Jack's neighbors that anyone can ask? I knew a man who was a friend of Jack's and worked as a DJ in from the '70s until the '90s. He was an extra on Hawaii Five-O and spent a lot of time with Jack. They used to host dinner parties a lot. This man was over at their house one day, and accidentally dropped a meatball on their white carpet. Jack laughed it off, but Jack's wife, Marie, was fuming. My friend joked that Marie wanted to give him the gas chamber for dropping it!

Old 12-12-2020, 04:28 AM

26 posts, read 32,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdLo View Post
I'm also 72, still working full-time. And yes, 72 isn't as old as it used to be. He was 6 months older than I.
Mr. MacArthur was one of the few stars in the old H50 that would talk to the crew, extras, and cops. I was an extra in many episodes both as a civilian in the earlier shows and as a cop in later episodes. Another actor that mingled with us was Zulu. Jack Lord never would talk to us and actually was a PITA. Hardly anyone liked him.
I was a big fan of Mr. MacArthur starting with one of my favorites, Swiss Family Robinson. Sad to hear he passed. And from "natural causes." Whatever that means.
Eddie
Not talking to people doesn't make someone a pain in the ass. If all Jack did was come to the set, film his scenes, and go back to his trailer, there is nothing wrong with that. Quite a few people on that set liked him. He had more lines to remember than James, and was a co-producer as well, which meant he had more responsibilities. That would tire someone out and make them limit socializing. Many actors have done that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: