Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 02:32 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,756,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
I guess you are just in denial. The Queen/King is thing is not coming back. It is what it is. You can throw out a hundred more brah's - but Hawaii being part of the US is a done deal. Sorry.

You miss the point once again. Its what we are, we cant help it. No more then you can help be corp america. The total distruction of native cultures will happen when you outlaw the practice of there lang, beliefs etc. Thats the problem with the total asimulation attitude or might is right . Think back in history, just because the majority of ppl thought it was ok dosnt mean it was right. What examples do you have in your own american history? Remember its not the color of your skin but attitudes that is the problem. the attitude from alot of ppl is Hawaii'i was better off with being America, that was the attitude that was the excuse to overthrow the Hawaiian Kingdom.in the first place. When all evidence proved that Hawaii was more advanced then the mainland in education, more Hawaiians could read and write then americans. and the palace even had plumbing b4 the white house even did.

Hawaii '78 - IZ - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 02:41 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,914,289 times
We can agree to disagree - this forum is an English forum per the terms you agreed to when joining the forum. Why you want to hijack an English only forum is only something you can answer. If you don't like the Hawaiian Kingdom overthrow before you were born then taking it up with the legislature might be a better course of action. I'm sure there were people who didn't like the declaration of independence from England but they didn't get very far either.

I find it odd you want to lecture people who live in Hawaii when you don't live in Hawaii.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
We can agree to disagree - this forum is an English forum per the terms you agreed to when joining the forum. Why you want to hijack an English only forum is only something you can answer. If you don't like the Hawaiian Kingdom overthrow before you were born then taking it up with the legislature might be a better course of action. I'm sure there were people who didn't like the declaration of independence from England but they didn't get very far either.

Viper whats the deal man? is that english enough for you.? See thats also another point, im here just sharing my love for my culture, with no thought in mind of one upping anyone or etc and by the way, 90% of what i write is kings english ok. So what is it really? Are you feeling like im taking attention away from you guys who have been here for years? Or do you disagree with what i am writing? Or am i breaking some unwritten rule of forums that im ignorent to? Im new to this forum stuff ok, if im stepping on toes its not intentional. You can Dm me if you want. As for hijacking the tread, well i have no ideal what your talking about. You have just as much oppertunity as i to start your own thread.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:18 AM

Whats the deal viper? so now you dont want to be friends? Wow i dont hate you, i havent lost any aloha for you. Is being different that scary for you? Im just having a discussion not talking about your value or anything man ok.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:54 AM

Ok back to subject of thread. What would bring me back to Hawai'i?

Ya i know this is mostly a tourist view of island girls but you can never argue that Hawai'ian, Polynesian, Asian And Hapa Ladies are the best! God is good.
And i know this video dose't give island girls credit

Polynesian Women - YouTube

Old 07-06-2013, 12:12 AM

Some of the best waves in the world ya dont mind the five-o theme

Hawaii Five-0 - YouTube

Old 07-13-2013, 01:14 PM

25 posts, read 48,355 times
What would bring me back in a word "money"

Old 07-13-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by On the road View Post
What would bring me back in a word "money"

I kind of agree with you. If i just wanted to be there i would just book a one way ticket. I am now at the age where i am a little to old to be starting over from zero. Ive done it many times before but now i want to go when i have a nest egg.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:48 AM

One of the reasons i want to go back to Hawai'i is the following.

Ka Haka ‘Ula O Ke‘elikōlani College of Hawaiian Language

I want to learn the Hawai'ian language better, which you can't do on mainland.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:19 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Aloha Kaua, ok we all know what is bad about Hawai'i, cost of living, traffic etc, etc. If you moved away from Hawai'i and then wantted to move back later? What were the reasons?

Me i want to go back to Hawai'i because i miss the culture, people, the weather, nani wahines. sun, more sun lol. Everything is more colorful and vivid(as long as u stay away from waikiki lol) even more light lol, i also miss the celebrations, like lei day, chinese new year, obon festival, king k days etc etc. U can share for any island k.
Nothing but huge amounts of money.

Last edited by Robin Rossi; 07-25-2013 at 08:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii