Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2013, 11:17 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,910,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
The only argument i have is when has 20 million dollar paychecks to CEOs been based on value of work or hard work?
Time for a reset of expectations again. There are no CEO base salaries of $20 million. None at $10 million.

Stock compensation pushes up CEO compensation - but if the stock doesn't go up, guess what - they don't benefit. The stock goes up - all the shareholders benefit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 11:25 PM

84 posts, read 83,310 times
Quote:
The damage can be to others, communities. The only argument i have is when has 20 million dollar paychecks to CEOs been based on value of work or hard work?

Further i also agree that people still need to better themselves with education and job skills, but its a balancing act between self improvement and reasorces,how one but not the other, sorry you are not going anywere.
If a CEO can bring, by his or her skills or aptitudes, or instinct etc., an add'l $100M in profits, are they not worth it. If you could buy a machine that would make you $100M and I would sell it to you for $20M, would you not buy it. Would it matter that it only cost me $1.00 to make it? If it can bring in $100M in profits, it is a bargain at $20M even if it costs me nothing to make.

CEOS command big bucks because they bring in big bucks. They have instincts and capacities far beyond other's.

The Board wouldn't pay it if it wasn't worth it.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:31 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounds Complete View Post
To be honest, it is "enough" when I say it is enough - at whatever point that is. There is not "real" or "objective" enough - just what my motivations push to do.

Tell me, if you can (and you can't), how does my making money, oodles of money, hurt anyone else?

And so what, if one is "addicted" to earning money. Why is that either a "concern" for society, or an issue at all, much less "bad".

Who is to say where the boundry of "extreme" is. $1M, $10M, $100M???
Its not a concern to society or even myself really and making 100 million is ok, As long as its not hurting others. Heres an example, there a millions of ppl dying in africa of starvation and aids etc. You want to know why they are dying? it isnt because there isn't enough food or meds. There dying because they can't afford to buy the food or meds, thats when profit becomes more important then people. I had a guy tell me once they just need to get a job. just one example but there are others.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:37 PM

84 posts, read 83,310 times
Quote:
Its not a concern to society or even myself really and making 100 million is ok, As long as its not hurting others. Heres an example, there a millions of ppl dying in africa of starvation and aids etc. You want to know why they are dying? it isnt because there isn't enough food or meds. There dying because they can't afford to buy the food or meds, thats when profit becomes more important then people. I had a guy tell me once they just need to get a job. just one example but there are others.
So if I DON"T make $100M, or stop at $100M or whatever figure you wish to use, they suddenly will be eating high off the hog?

There is no nexus between them in us.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Time for a reset of expectations again. There are no CEO base salaries of $20 million. None at $10 million.

Stock compensation pushes up CEO compensation - but if the stock doesn't go up, guess what - they don't benefit. The stock goes up - all the shareholders benefit.
Hmmmm maybe you need to ask for raise viper. The avrg CEOs saleries for 500 companies are 10 million.

America's Highest Paid CEOs - Forbes

Old 08-23-2013, 11:49 PM

I'm willing to reset expectations again.

There are no CEO's with a base salary over $10 million.

The Five Highest Base Salaries In CEO America - Forbes

Old 08-23-2013, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounds Complete View Post
So if I DON"T make $100M, or stop at $100M or whatever figure you wish to use, they suddenly will be eating high off the hog?

There is no nexus between them in us.
No man, HOW MANY BILLIONS do the drug companies make in profits, the drugs that can cure these ppl are sitting in a warehouse, why? because the africans CANT AFFORD TO BUY THEM! You asked me to give you an example of when too much profit is bad and hurts others, samething with food we have enough food to feed the world but we don't because its not profitable. Dont you see anything wrong with that?

Old 08-23-2013, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Ok. Lets talk starving kids in Africa. The US gives over $30 billion and possibly $50+billion. Was that not enough?? Now we are off Hawaii and on to the rest of the world?

Guess who gives the most in foreign aid in the world. Hint. First letter of first word is U. First letter of second word is S.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:58 PM

Quote:
No man, HOW MANY BILLIONS do the drug companies make in profits, the drugs that can cure these ppl are sitting in a warehouse, why? because the africans CANT AFFORD TO BUY THEM! You asked me to give you an example of when too much profit is bad and hurts others, samething with food we have enough food to feed the world but we don't because its not profitable. Dont you see anything wrong with that?
Any chance you know how many billions it took to research and develop that drug? Any chance you know how many drugs fail and billions are lost?

How many billions do you think has been spent on aids research for a cure which still doesn't exist??

Old 08-24-2013, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Ok. Lets talk starving kids in Africa. The US gives over $30 billion and possibly $50+billion. Was that not enough?? Now we are off Hawaii and on to the rest of the world?

Guess who gives the most in foreign aid in the world. Hint. First letter of first word is U. First letter of second word is S.
Who cares how much aid we send overseas its a drop in the bucket. 50 billion is not even 6mths of sales for one corperation! We are talking millions of lives here. But a few peoples right to make 100 million is more important then someones right to eat and live? That logic no offense sounds alot like the guys who rob people and criminals, they commit crimes because they think there needs or wants are more important then others. Please tell me gentleman that your not like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii