Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2013, 11:01 AM

1,738 posts, read 3,008,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Now why would limmitted resources drive up the prices? No people who own the resources drive up the prices like i said b4, im sure they could sell for less if they wantted too. So if people are not into materialism and just want to enjoy paradise? Tough because we have to support someones choice of wanting to get rich? Well i have no sympathy for the guy who has 2 cars and can't live without the 3rd, or the multimillionaire who just can't be greatful and satisfied, but much like an addict always needing more or can't fill the hole. So they drive up prices and cut expenses like wages to feed the "i can't get enough"

Like i said in earlier post theres other ways of keeping populations down. Without it being Aristocracy in action.
I'm not going to get into it, but you should take a basic economics class.

It has nothing to do with greed. It's simply demand. People want to live in Hawaii or near the ocean.

If I own a lot worth 1 million, why would I sell it for a loss? Would you sell your house for less than it's worth? Your business?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 11:19 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,917,108 times
Quote:
So basically you confermed what i said, that only a special class of people should be able to afford Hawai'i? But if there is no bottom of the pyramid theres no middle or upper right?

So make sure you have good resources and superior genes to make sure your not on the bottom, being left out.
If you can't afford to live in Hawaii you only have to look in the mirror.

It isn't my fault. It isn't Walmart's fault. Not OpenD's fault. Not Obama's fault. Not YouTube's fault. Not Zippy's fault. Not Ala Moana Center's fault.

Your fault. Nobody else.

Old 08-27-2013, 12:26 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,756,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
If you can't afford to live in Hawaii you only have to look in the mirror.

It isn't my fault. It isn't Walmart's fault. Not OpenD's fault. Not Obama's fault. Not YouTube's fault. Not Zippy's fault. Not Ala Moana Center's fault.

Your fault. Nobody else.
And just like the starving africans fault for reproducing? Or not working hard enough. You ever notice a trend with those who have? There responsiblity for anything that goes wrong is none. When we bailed out the banks twice, it wasnt bad choices or business practices, it was the economy being bad. Or it wasn't a handout either.

Why sale cheaper? For the betterment of all. If you have a million dollar property most likely now a days you sell it for million and a quarter to the next guy. The next guy decides i should make a good profit too so he sales for a million and a half. Then others see that and then basically say if he can charge that then so can I. See the point is when you consistently raise the bar w/o

Old 08-27-2013, 12:28 PM

Balancing it with wages or opportunity you get whats going on now in Hawai'i and other areas. It even has nothing to do with your smoke screens or being lazy.

Old 08-27-2013, 12:46 PM

Comparing Africa to Hawaii? Hmmm, now you are really stretching. The dynamics of the United States make opportunities available to everyone.

Now you just sound like sour grapes.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:12 PM

1,738 posts, read 3,008,137 times
Quote:
Why sale cheaper? For the betterment of all. If you have a million dollar property most likely now a days you sell it for million and a quarter to the next guy. The next guy decides i should make a good profit too so he sales for a million and a half. Then others see that and then basically say if he can charge that then so can I. See the point is when you consistently raise the bar w/o
Go buy an expensive piece of land and see if you're singing the same tune.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:27 PM

@Pyramidsurf,*whtviper1

hmmm, you know there is something i haven't shared with you guys is im native american, pretty much at a young age i was raised by my aunt who was Hawaiian. So guys what you don't understand in the traditional natve way our core values are different. For example, the wellfare of ohana, comunnity and tribe come first before individual accomplishment. We believe in cause and effect behavior.

The point guys is i have also lived on my tribe res for awhile and try to walk the red road and huna way. To you im backwards in my thinking. But no i am not to natives who haven't assimilated western culture 100%, me im kinda liberal with the traditional way. Im not a kahuna or medicine man. But i do teach principles to native american spirituality in a group of native americans.

And really the truth is i do believe in hardwork, being responsible for ones choices etc. But the difference is i always give everything the best effort i can, but i leave the results to creator, god, great spirit, luc

Old 08-27-2013, 07:30 PM

[quote=hawaiian by heart;31161483but i leave the results to creator, god, great spirit, luc[/quote]

Well - when you don't try to control your own destiny one may run into situations where you cannot afford Hawaii - perhaps the creator, god, great spirit likes Walmart and didn't feel Hawaii was in the cards for you.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:39 PM

Cont from top.

There is a great saying that basicly sums up what i been saying all along. And it goes like this.

Every group if strong enough self rightously imposes there will on a smaller group and this goes on down to the individual level. What is the results of this? less love and peace and brotherhood. Just reflect on that. Anyway i enclose my blog entry about native core values vs western europeans, it not comprehensive but just examples.

https://www.city-data.com/blogs/15503...art-page3.html

Old 08-27-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Well - when you don't try to control your own destiny one may run into situations where you cannot afford Hawaii - perhaps the creator, god, great spirit likes Walmart and didn't feel Hawaii was in the cards for you.
The difference is i don't play god viper. I head in a direction, give it my best effort and thats all i can do. verses consently forcing ones self will to make things happen the way i want them and stepping on peoples toes and etc.

No wallmart is there on selfwill and how has it affected others in a badway?

Anyway im done discussing this lets agree to disagree ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii