Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 02:29 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,752,590 times

Advertisements

Is looking more like the mainland but isn't the mainland. Gee who do you think they would choose?

Third which rules are we playing today? You always changing them, which i got to be honest is really haole. One day its you do the money part of moving and i will do culture never the too mix, well obviously that wasnt ok because about a mth later you starting garbage, then its hawaii is no different then the mainland (which means any mainlander would know how to live in hawaii) But now its you have to currently live in hawaii? Your worse then a hawaii politician. You want to lie to yourself fine don't bother me. Go kick your dog or beat your wife or call the cops on the homeless dude down the street or whatever small petty little ugly men like you do just leave me alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2014, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
If local men were interested in me, then they'd talk to me. I've had a few that took me out on dates, but it did not go well mostly because they had a superior attitude. I told them if they wanted a local, then go get a local. Don't pick up a mainlander and then look down on her from being from the mainland. I know it's not all local men who act like that, but that's been my personal experience every single time. So, I look for other mainlanders because it makes everything easier.

I'm not in the business of trying to make anyone like me. Everything you've suggested is basically me trying to prove myself, and it's demeaning.
But i thought you were on here because you couldn't get a date? Oh AUWE! I got achihead!

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 03-07-2014 at 02:44 AM..

Old 03-07-2014, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Well, if you lived in Hawaii you'd know trash/garbage is picked up 1X per week not 3X per week. Green Waste is every other week as well as Recyclables.
Omg dude i wasnt being literal. Do you have a learning handicap? like ADD or OCD? Just wondering. The point wasn't if garbage was picked up 3x a week, but that to get involved in the community, not for personal agendas, like alot of rich mainlanders do.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:37 AM

834 posts, read 1,217,454 times
Basic question is: Do you want to date or find a life partner? If you just enjoy dating, move to the biggest city you can find. If you want to get married, go on eharmony.com and approach it the rational way. Then move together where you want to live.

Or even more simple: Look what bodies are available in a specific geographic area on match.com or yahoo personals. And if those are interested in what you have to offer.

Everything else is anecdotal and subjective.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:01 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,659,938 times
My co-worker was born and raised in Hawaii and lived there through public High School.

She is blond with blue eyes and said Hawaii is an interesting place... even if you are born there.

Lots of unwritten rules and much depends on who you know.

I realize this is only one person's perspective.

Whenever I visit my friends... I never have felt more welcome... but, visiting is not the same as living there...

Old 03-07-2014, 01:16 PM

163 posts, read 268,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
But i thought you were on here because you couldn't get a date? Oh AUWE! I got achihead!
I came in the answer the question. I don't need to come to City Data for help with dating.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
I came in the answer the question. I don't need to come to City Data for help with dating.
Oh ok i see sorry for misunderstanding.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
My co-worker was born and raised in Hawaii and lived there through public High School.

She is blond with blue eyes and said Hawaii is an interesting place... even if you are born there.

Lots of unwritten rules and much depends on who you know.

I realize this is only one person's perspective.

Whenever I visit my friends... I never have felt more welcome... but, visiting is not the same as living there...
Your friend sounds wise and correct, unlike some who think hawaii is exactly like the mainland.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:59 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
unlike some who think hawaii is exactly like the mainland.
Yep, because there is no such thing as dating issues on the mainland! Only here in Hawaii!

Old 03-07-2014, 03:00 PM

32,638 posts, read 48,015,234 times
Quote:
.........the ones who are tend to be military as well. I want to find someone who plans to stay here. ........
Enyo, don't discount the military. Some are moving on, but some will end their enlistment and stay. Especially if 38-40 isn't too old for you.

Also, networking is valuable in dating, just as it is in many other areas of life. There are many people who work on the bases who are not actually military. There are many civilian employees who will stay in Hawaii. To meet them, you need to get onto the base. Thus the Squid ticket of admission.

Activity clubs and educational classes of the sort that necessitate people speaking to each other are usually the best bet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii