Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 08:30 AM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,571,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Sour Grapes on display here, folks. Everything bad was Bush, everything good was Obama.

Nobody is buying it, bub.
Just keep gulping that Kool Aid pal. Anyone who believes even 50% of what comes out of our 'Presidents' mouth needs a thorough reality check.

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/01/th...on-crowd-size/

And that's Day One... The 4.1% GDP growth for one quarter, FOR ONE QUARTER, since when does any economist go nuts about ONE QUARTER?

Dream on pal.

By the way, great moniker, come up with that all on your own?

Old 07-30-2018, 09:09 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,553,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
Just keep gulping that Kool Aid pal. Anyone who believes even 50% of what comes out of our 'Presidents' mouth needs a thorough reality check.

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/01/th...on-crowd-size/

And that's Day One... The 4.1% GDP growth for one quarter, FOR ONE QUARTER, since when does any economist go nuts about ONE QUARTER?

Dream on pal.

By the way, great moniker, come up with that all on your own?
Gulping Kool Aid? You guys downed so much of that stuff in the previous 8 years that there is none to be had.

It is sad that you can't even tell the difference between what is happening in the economy, international relations etc., as measured by third parties, and what "comes out of our 'President(')s mouth". Conflating the two (as you have) shows that you have only the most-meager of understanding of the issues at hand.

The facts are that we as a nation are healing from the slashing, hacking and scorching we went through under the previous officeholder, and it is because of the leadership of our President - things that you aren't even aware of like the rescission of many regulations, i.e. "Red Tape" that were strangling the economy.

Transitioning from a punk who hated economic prosperity, to a business genius who understands not only how to grow the economy, but also how vital/important it is to Americans, is a great help in and of itself.

Aloha, pal

Old 07-30-2018, 09:31 AM

5,529 posts, read 12,666,240 times
Once again a thread has gone off the tracks with a political discussion that really doesn't belong here. What do the last four or five posts have to do with the open carry ruling?

Old 07-30-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
Once again a thread has gone off the tracks with a political discussion that really doesn't belong here. What do the last four or five posts have to do with the open carry ruling?
You are correct, and I will attempt to undo the "damage" and get things back on track by re-posting an earlier post of mine, and expanding thereon.

------

I'll never understand how people conclude that they will be safer giving up their only real means of self defense, and leaving themselves wholly at the mercy of ANYONE, man, woman or child who wishes them harm. It takes a very special kind of stupid to conclude thusly, and especially with all the carefully collected data to the contrary published by no less than the FBI.

As I recall, the State of Hawaii has banned all "weapons", further emboldening/enabling those wishing harm upon hapless and legally-mandated helpless victims.

Luckily, the demographics of the state (which all-noted criminologists agree is the principle "predictor" (read "causal agent") of crime rates) lean very much in the state's favor with demographic sectors largely responsible for violent crime elsewhere massively underrepresented in the state, while those segments responsible for low rates are abundantly-present.

However, open carry will help further reduce such crime rates, which I think we can all agree is a good thing.

Old 07-30-2018, 11:11 AM

2,624 posts, read 7,258,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
Apparently, the OP didn't bother to check the more appropriate "Politics and Other Controversies" forum for a thread on the same topic. Here's a link to it...
U.S. appeals court: Constitution gives right to carry gun in public

Old 07-30-2018, 11:21 AM

2,378 posts, read 1,313,895 times
Quote:
Gulping Kool Aid? You guys downed so much of that stuff in the previous 8 years that there is none to be had.

It is sad that you can't even tell the difference between what is happening in the economy, international relations etc., as measured by third parties, and what "comes out of our 'President(')s mouth". Conflating the two (as you have) shows that you have only the most-meager of understanding of the issues at hand.

The facts are that we as a nation are healing from the slashing, hacking and scorching we went through under the previous officeholder, and it is because of the leadership of our President - things that you aren't even aware of like the rescission of many regulations, i.e. "Red Tape" that were strangling the economy.

Transitioning from a punk who hated economic prosperity, to a business genius who understands not only how to grow the economy, but also how vital/important it is to Americans, is a great help in and of itself.

Aloha, pal
And wait until tariffs are removed between the US and the EU. GDP growth is going to explode. Cost of goods will be cheaper for the EU and cheaper for the US leaving more disposable income in our pockets. The left hates that Trump is not maintaining the status quo and is doing things differently. The left wanted change, now they have change. Let’s also not forget unemployment for black folks is at record lows. The left also forgets more part time workers are becoming full time workers. So yeah, Trump is getting more people working. More jobs are being created under Trump than Obama. Another interesting statistic is there is confusion about job growth numbers over the past quarters. The confusion is they don’t understand where these workers are coming from. The numbers are always going over expected jobs growth. There are not enough workers in our country to fill these jobs that are being filled. They realized people who were no longer counted, people who were forgotten about, people who stopped looking for work are now looking for work and filling these jobs. It’s these workers who is causing the job growth to go over expectations and projections. There are millions of these potential workers.

Old 07-30-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah K View Post
Apparently, the OP didn't bother to check the more appropriate "Politics and Other Controversies" forum for a thread on the same topic. Here's a link to it...
U.S. appeals court: Constitution gives right to carry gun in public
As I understand it, and please correct me if I am wrong, the case was filed in HI. If such is the case, it would seem to me to be appropriate here as well.

Old 07-30-2018, 12:14 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,199,327 times

Old 07-30-2018, 12:34 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
4.1% second quarter GDP growth. That is something Obama said would be impossible. Trump made it possible.
"While Mr. Trump praised the 4.1 percent annual growth rate in the second quarter, the economy exceeded that level four times during the Obama presidency: in 2009, 2011 and twice in 2014.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-gdp-...ally-standard/

I guess fake news

Old 07-30-2018, 01:11 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,258,766 times
Quote:
As I understand it, and please correct me if I am wrong, the case was filed in HI. If such is the case, it would seem to me to be appropriate here as well.
Although the original case was filed in Hawaiʻi, the ruling by the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals is applicable to all of the states and territories within its jurisdiction (i.e. Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaiʻi, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Guam and the Northern Marianas). Considering that the extent of the right of gun ownership is a polarizing national issue that's not particularly unique to Hawaiʻi, this thread should probably be closed like a similar one was over in the "California Forum"...
https://www.city-data.com/forum/calif...-says-2nd.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii