Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 08:21 PM

293 posts, read 191,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
No.
There are people who argue while playing video games and such and i feel it's better and such.

I think one way of fighting is saying that video games are not art or saying that skyrim sucks on a message board.

Or is it only common with basement dwellers?

Last edited by axelthefox; 07-30-2018 at 08:50 PM..

Old 07-30-2018, 08:36 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,313,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
Once again a thread has gone off the tracks with a political discussion that really doesn't belong here. What do the last four or five posts have to do with the open carry ruling?

The topic is very political in nature. Usually most threads evolve in a way.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
"While Mr. Trump praised the 4.1 percent annual growth rate in the second quarter, the economy exceeded that level four times during the Obama presidency: in 2009, 2011 and twice in 2014.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-gdp-...ally-standard/

I guess fake news
Yes and only 15 quarters did Obama’s economy go over 2% GDP growth. That isn’t even four years of his presidency and not once has hit hit 3% annual GDP growth. No president has ever failed that badly including one term presidents.

Old 07-30-2018, 09:05 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,901,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post

But you do what you feel is best for you. If you don't mind broken bones, missing teeth, perhaps a ruptured eye, torn ear, broken ribs, stab wounds or worse, in exchange for the feeling that you are morally superior, well, go ahead, and take it - perhaps all the way the cold room, but those feelings of moral superiority you crave so much..... well, you can't take them with you.
Broken bones? Stab wounds? Torn ear? I’d rather skip hanging out in Puna, or Kalihi, or Waianae than carry a gun. Ha ha ha. This paranoia is hilarious by the gun folks.

Old 07-30-2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Broken bones? Stab wounds? Torn ear? I’d rather skip hanging out in Puna, or Kalihi, or Waianae than carry a gun. Ha ha ha. This paranoia is hilarious by the gun folks.
It has nothing to do with paranoia, it is your Constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

Old 07-30-2018, 10:14 PM

1,738 posts, read 3,007,003 times
Quote:
What are you afraid of? You probably have a better chance of winning Powerball than in your lifetime getting a "beating" as you put it.

Perhaps just staying away from these beating places would be easier than carrying weapons that kill people.

Quote:
I seem to recall you live in Kahala or Kailua and aren't from Hawaii. My guess is you have plenty of money and came to the islands with it (Probably from California). There's more to Hawaii than the low crime rich areas where you and your buddies hang out. Telling people to just stay away is just insulting.

Plenty of residents and locals have no choice but to live in the rough areas. Not everyone is rich and has the privilege to live in an expensive area. Saying to just "stay away" shows how out of touch you really are. I'm sure plenty of Waianae and Puna residents would prefer to move but can't. You're basically telling them “too bad, being poor is your problem. It’s not my problem you don’t have protection”. Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

I'm sure my best friend can just stay away from his grandparent's house in Waianae. Rather than protecting himself when he's helping his elderly family members that can't afford to move, he needs to stay away. And if he gets the crap kicked out of him and permanently disabled then that's his own fault, right?

This whole thread just shows the hypocrisy of the left in Hawaii. They don’t want people carrying guns but they live in expensive and well protected areas. Of course they don’t care, they don’t have to go to Waianae, Kalihi, or live in Puna. They don’t interact with the people who wouldn’t hesitate to bring harm to them. They live in their well protected and insulated communities away from the crime and problems of Hawaii.

Anyone think our candidates for Governor don’t have armed protection? Ige lives in Washington Place (a secure gated house). Hanabusa? Guess what, her husband is retired law enforcement and is authorized to carry through federal law. Think he carries a firearm?

Like they say, “Rules for thee, but not for me”.

Old 07-30-2018, 10:45 PM

293 posts, read 191,510 times
Quote:
What about making it legal to carry a sword?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...day/619064001/

I think if someone came at someone with a knife and they saw the other person was carrying a sword like this, they would probably think twice before trying to pull a knife on them.
https://www.museumreplicas.com/thund...amascus-katana

Old 07-30-2018, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramidsurf View Post

Plenty of residents and locals have no choice but to live in the rough areas. Saying to just "stay away" shows how out of touch you really are. I'm sure plenty of Waianae and Puna residents would prefer to move but can't. You're basically telling them “too bad, being poor is your problem. It’s not my problem you don’t have protection

I'm sure my best friend can just stay away from his grandparent's house in Waianae. Rather than protecting himself when he's helping his elderly family members that can't afford to move, he needs to stay away. And if he gets the crap kicked out of him and permanently disabled then that's his own fault, right?

This whole thread just shows the hypocrisy of the left in Hawaii. They don’t want people carrying guns but they live in expensive and well protected areas. Of course they don’t care, they don’t have to go to Waianae, Kalihi, or live in Puna.
Thank you for the pity party post.

Yes, lets arm everyone in Puna, Waianae, and Kalihi, etc. You make it sound so bad, perhaps we should just wall those areas off? You make it sound like a Kurt Russell Escape from New York movie. So dangerous, everyone, INCLUDING THE BAD GUYS, should have a gun.

As much as I personally find Waianae unappealing, I can actually go there without a gun and survive the experience.

So - yes, you changed my mind. Perhaps we should make guns mandatory!! Maybe we can get checkpoints before entering Puna, Waianae, or Kalihi for our own protection to make sure we are armed. Maybe we need a new thread - "What firearm should I be packing in Hawaii to stay safe?"

Old 07-30-2018, 11:32 PM

1,738 posts, read 3,007,003 times
Quote:
Thank you for the pity party post.
What pity party?

Here, let me refresh your memory:

You said,
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1
What are you afraid of? You probably have a better chance of winning Powerball than in your lifetime getting a "beating" as you put it.

Perhaps just staying away from these beating places would be easier than carrying weapons that kill people.
Quote:
I’d rather skip hanging out in Puna, or Kalihi, or Waianae than carry a gun. Ha ha ha. This paranoia is hilarious by the gun folks
Quote:
Yes, lets arm everyone in Puna, Waianae, and Kalihi, etc. You make it sound so bad, perhaps we should just wall those areas off? You make it sound like a Kurt Russell Escape from New York movie. So dangerous, everyone, INCLUDING THE BAD GUYS, should have a gun.

As much as I personally find Waianae unappealing, I can actually go there without a gun and survive the experience.

So - yes, you changed my mind. Perhaps we should make guns mandatory!! Maybe we can get checkpoints before entering Puna, Waianae, or Kalihi for our own protection to make sure we are armed. Maybe we need a new thread - "What firearm should I be packing in Hawaii to stay safe?"
I can go there too. But, I can guarantee you that visting and going back to Kahala is much different than having to live there.

Have you been to Puna? And actually spent siginificant time there? Most of the bad people there already have guns and everyone knows it (see cop killer Waiki).

What is your problem with firearms? No one is saying you have to carry. But why should law abiding citizens be told they can't? Because you don't like them? I've yet to hear a good argument for this.

Old 07-30-2018, 11:47 PM

Quote:

Have you been to Puna?
Over 100 times.

Quote:
And actually spent siginificant time there?
Yes, unfortunately for work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ted_death_rate

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...ther-countries

https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/03/ameri...ics/index.html

Are we just bad people in the US?? Or, too many guns? You choose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii