Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2021, 11:43 AM

2,378 posts, read 1,315,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Monkey View Post
We will be subject to a tortured rebuttal? I am surprised that someone who
only apparently spent about six +/- or so months living on the BI before deciding
to chuck it and eventually move on at a time that was determined as prudent, is
even remotely concerned about what is occurring here in the middle of nowhere.
Is it separation anxiety?
Just when I thought you and I were becoming friends? Or is it you like me that much and are being like the girl who likes the boy, but shows it by being mean to him? I been posting on this forum for such a while and had the opportunity to live in Hawaii, I thought we were all friends? I get we don’t share the same political or religious views, but that can’t be a reason? I do appreciate your concern in regards to us having to move and why I still post on this forum. That means a lot to me, but strangely there are other people who regularly post on this forum who don’t live in Hawaii, yet you are not concerned about their residential requirements?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2021, 12:40 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,361,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
Just when I thought you and I were becoming friends? Or is it you like me that much and are being like the girl who likes the boy, but shows it by being mean to him? I been posting on this forum for such a while and had the opportunity to live in Hawaii, I thought we were all friends? I get we don’t share the same political or religious views, but that can’t be a reason? I do appreciate your concern in regards to us having to move and why I still post on this forum. That means a lot to me, but strangely there are other people who regularly post on this forum who don’t live in Hawaii, yet you are not concerned about their residential requirements?
Lol … guessing you mean me mostly. Funny. Uncle [Sam] in his infinite wisdom stationed me in Hawaii first before you were even born I’m pretty sure … close anyway. Then again years later. And I’ve been coming and going ever since for many “temporary” stays sometimes long as your “residence”. Combined? I spent probably a decade in the state, at the very least.

But look, officer, here’s the thing about how you differ from other friends I maintain who: are religious when I’m not … who voted for Trump when I felt he should be institutionalized under psychiatric care … tend to Libertarianism when I point out that ‘exercise of personal responsibility’ has never been among homo sapiens strong characteristics since we left the caves for larger societies … who think climate change is following a natural non-anthropogenic pattern while we choke on our toxic lifestyles globally …

… none of them predicted the pandemic “wouldn’t see even 60,000 deaths”, as you did , nor did they propose hydroxychloroquine would be the best protocol for squelching the disease …

… nor do any of them proselytize their opinions as facts.

Old 06-26-2021, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Yes it has and some states never shut down.
No, it hasn’t. And some states never shutting down does not equal “most of America” being open for a year.

Old 06-26-2021, 01:10 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,834,185 times
Quote:
You are aware the article you posted is from a year ago? So yes, most states have been open for a year where some never shut down, yet Hawaii still requires people to be vaccinated, provide a negative Covid test, or quarantine to visit.

So how exactly am I full of it and being obtuse? Take it easy with the caffeine, you’re going to have a heart attack at your young age. Yeah, I have nothing better to do than to troll a city data forum. I’m not a droob.
No I wasn't aware of that. In retrospect, I should have looked more carefully. Clearly "open" is a relative concept. Many/most states reopened retail then declared themselves "open" for political points.

Are arenas and stadiums open? If so, why do they still use photoshopped people in the stands? Did schools across America reopen a year ago? If so, why are people still posting hate for teachers who are reputedly sitting home collecting paychecks?

Meanwhile, Hawaii is still closed? Our tourist numbers right now are higher than in the same weeks in 2018 and this is expected to be a record year. How can this happen in a "closed" state?

Facts are easily manipulated. You have repeatedly demonstrated this.

This country has not returned to normal. Reopen? Sure it did.

Old 06-26-2021, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post

Facts are easily manipulated. You have repeatedly demonstrated this.

This country has not returned to normal. Reopen? Sure it did.
At least the use of hydroxychloroquine kept total pandemic deaths under 60,000 though, eh?

Old 06-26-2021, 01:52 PM

10,561 posts, read 7,763,547 times
Quote:
Glad Hawaii is finally joining the party. Took them long enough. Most of the nation has been open for a year.
The only state really comparable to Hawaii is Alaska, since it's somewhat remote and one must also fly to enter. Alaska entirely dropped its "Safe Travels" program last month. We are offering vaccinations at the 3 main airports for inbound travelers, that's it. Masks were never required outdoors here and only mandatory indoors in some communities, such as mine. That's been dropped too.

I would argue that Hawaii isn't entirely open yet, given that masks are still required indoors and proof of vaccination or quarantine necessary for inbound travelers.

IMO, Hawaii is at the far end of the Covid response spectrum with being overly cautious while some of the states you're thinking about are at the reckless end. Can't think of any state that's actually been completely "open" for a year though.

Old 06-26-2021, 01:54 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,834,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
At least the use of hydroxychloroquine kept total pandemic deaths under 60,000 though, eh?
Perhaps he can backpedal like Trump with the bleach injections and pretend "he was joking"?

Last edited by Futuremauian; 06-26-2021 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: Punctuation repair

Old 06-26-2021, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Lol … guessing you mean me mostly. Funny. Uncle [Sam] in his infinite wisdom stationed me in Hawaii first before you were even born I’m pretty sure … close anyway. Then again years later. And I’ve been coming and going ever since for many “temporary” stays sometimes long as your “residence”. Combined? I spent probably a decade in the state, at the very least.

But look, officer, here’s the thing about how you differ from other friends I maintain who: are religious when I’m not … who voted for Trump when I felt he should be institutionalized under psychiatric care … tend to Libertarianism when I point out that ‘exercise of personal responsibility’ has never been among homo sapiens strong characteristics since we left the caves for larger societies … who think climate change is following a natural non-anthropogenic pattern while we choke on our toxic lifestyles globally …

… none of them predicted the pandemic “wouldn’t see even 60,000 deaths”, as you did , nor did they propose hydroxychloroquine would be the best protocol for squelching the disease …

… nor do any of them proselytize their opinions as facts.
How much you had to drink tonight at the VFW tonight?

Old 06-26-2021, 07:19 PM

Quote:
No, it hasn’t. And some states never shutting down does not equal “most of America” being open for a year.
Wrong!!! Why is Hawaii still requiring a vaccine, negative test, or quarantine when every state is open?

Old 06-26-2021, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Perhaps he can backpedal like Trump with the bleach injections and pretend "he was joking"?
Can you provide a source for that? It is quite scary you are an educator. Seriously!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii