Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2021, 02:16 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,827,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
While I enjoy a good tangential “sightseeing” detour as much as anybody, and this has been a fun one (for me anyway) it would be appropriate to get back to Hawaii’s Covid policy-ish discussion. And Mr. “we won’t likely see even 60,000 deaths from this” hopefully will continue to participate for entertainment value. His 6 or 8 months as a “local” is impressive with regard to how much more he grasps the truths of the Sandwich Islands than do those posters here who have spent 20 and 40 x the years ‘Sandwiching” he racked up.

I am watching the Hawaii policy evolution with one eye, and the military’s Covid restrictions with the other … at this point, pretty sure Hawaii will open quite before my Space-A flights will. I’m hoping for a return after Thanksgiving.
Couldn't rep you again so soon.

At school, it is considered bullying to debate with the helpless.

Meanwhile, it's time to take a break and jump in the ocean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2021, 02:31 PM

451 posts, read 411,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
I never said I was right all the time. If I’m wrong, I’ll admit it. I just don’t recall ever getting slaughtered.

In Hawai'i, the nail that is standing up, gets pounded down.

Old 06-27-2021, 05:07 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,314,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Really? Not long ago you lied about your wife's inability to secure a job here, claiming it was because of Covid-19. I quoted your post from long before Covid-19 came our way, stating that she had 6 unsuccessful interviews.

Your reply? "So what!" Was that an example of you admitting being wrong?

Then again it's not technically "being wrong" when it's an intentional lie.
Lied? Her interviews were in June. Covid has been with us for 6 months. What in the world are you talking about? You of course assumed the most rude of reasons why she wasn’t extended a job offer. I made the guess it was due to Covid. Could she of had bad interviews, possibly, but five bad interviews? The interviews could of been a formality. One of the interviews was for Pahoa High School where they were interviewing for a position held by a non-certified teacher for English. That interview was a formality because they had no intention of replacing the non-certified teacher. We knew this because we have a friend who teaches there. An uncertified teacher is much cheaper than a highly qualified teacher. To assume it has to be a flaw with my wife, well maybe that can be a possibility, yet for nearly every position she interviewed in Georgia extended her a offer. The interviews she has had in Virginia, then Hawaii, and now Georgia are for the most part identical. So if there is a flaw, why didn’t the schools she interviewed with in Virginia and Georgia pick up on it. If there is a flaw with my wife, then how was she continually extended contracts year after year in Virginia? Virginia is a right to work state. There is no tenure. Maybe as Tulemutte has claimed, the administrators who interviewed her used their super powers of picking up her energy and subliminal messages she was giving off through the Zoom interview for four of the interviews and one by phone. I prefer to go with Occam’s razor and that would be Covid played a role somehow in her not being extended an offer. Is that possible? For this upcoming school year, she hasn’t even been called for any interviews.

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 06-27-2021 at 05:35 PM..

Old 06-27-2021, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Monkey View Post
In Hawai'i, the nail that is standing up, gets pounded down.
What is your point? You read that on a bumper sticker or a fortune cookie?

Old 06-27-2021, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Lied? Her interviews were in June. Covid has been with us for 6 months. What in the world are you talking about? You of course assumed the most rude of reasons why she wasn’t extended a job offer. I made the guess it was due to Covid. Could she of had bad interviews, possibly, but five bad interviews? The interviews could of been a formality. One of the interviews was for Pahoa High School where they were interviewing for a position held by a non-certified teacher for English. That interview was a formality because they had no intention of replacing the non-certified teacher. We knew this because we have a friend who teaches there. An uncertified teacher is much cheaper than a highly qualified teacher. To assume it has to be a flaw with my wife, well maybe that can be a possibility, yet for nearly every position she interviewed in Georgia extended her a offer. The interviews she has had in Virginia, then Hawaii, and now Georgia are for the most part identical. So if there is a flaw, why didn’t the schools she interviewed with in Virginia and Georgia pick up on it. If there is a flaw with my wife, then how was she continually extended contracts year after year in Virginia? Virginia is a right to work state. There is no tenure. Maybe as Tulemutte has claimed, the administrators who interviewed her used their super powers of picking up her energy and subliminal messages she was giving off through the Zoom interview for four of the interviews and one by phone. I prefer to go with Occam’s razor and that would be Covid played a role somehow in her not being extended an offer. Is that possible?
She interviewed in June 2019, when the DOE was hiring teachers. Covid-19 was identified in January 2020. Schools didn't close until Spring 2020. Show me a source saying that Covid-19 had been with us for 6 months in June 2019.

https://www.ajmc.com/view/a-timeline...pments-in-2020
Quote: January 21 — CDC Confirms First US Coronavirus Case

My post was about your lack of honesty. You changed it to be about your wife, and lied some more.

Old 06-27-2021, 05:55 PM

Quote:
She interviewed in June 2019, when the DOE was hiring teachers. Covid-19 was identified in January 2020. Schools didn't close until Spring 2020. Show me a source saying that Covid-19 had been with us for 6 months in June 2019.

https://www.ajmc.com/view/a-timeline...pments-in-2020
Quote: January 21 — CDC Confirms First US Coronavirus Case

My post was about your lack of honesty. You changed it to be about your wife, and lied some more.
Are you alright? You post an article that is over a year old thinking it was posted a month ago and now you are confused again that my wife interviewed in 2019. Let me unconfuse you. I didn’t retire from the NYC police department until January 2020 and we moved to Hawaii May 29th, 2020. My wife began interviewing June 2020. You get hit in the head with a coconut?

Old 06-27-2021, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Are you alright? You post an article that is over a year old thinking it was posted a month ago and now you are confused again that my wife interviewed in 2019. Let me unconfuse you. I didn’t retire from the NYC police department until January 2020 and we moved to Hawaii May 29th, 2020. My wife began interviewing June 2020. You get hit in the head with a coconut?
You posted that the entire country has been open for a year except Hawaii. Not true!

I looked at your posting history for a point of reference and saw your posts about her applying for jobs here in June 2019. I didn't pay enough attention to notice that it took another whole year for you to actually arrive. Guess it didn't matter though. My bad.

Quote by you: Thanks for the reply. We are looking at the Big Island. It’s the only island we can live the most comfortably. She has already applied out there and she is not required to do the first face to face interview. Dated June 4th, 2019

Maybe you can now quit beating the "Hawaii" dead horse and begin sharing your wisdom with the people of Georgia? It is Georgia?

You didn't find a single kindred spirit on the Hawaii forum (since we are Marxist idiots, LOL). Better luck there!

Last edited by Futuremauian; 06-27-2021 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: Punctuation repair

Old 06-27-2021, 07:47 PM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
… Maybe as Tulemutte has claimed, the administrators who interviewed her used their super powers of picking up her energy and subliminal messages she was giving off through the Zoom interview for four of the interviews and one by phone.
Heh. I don’t believe there are any superpowers in any of what I was describing. All creatures give signals that others sometimes only process subliminally. Basic psychology. If you were a cop no doubt you were trained to observe certain “hidden” behavioral “tells”, right? I said I thought it likely local interviewers drew a profile - perhaps unconsciously - and whether rightly or wrongly - that your wife was not a fit, regardless of qualifications. In fact, given your representations of how she has been received in VA and GA, I feel more likely she IS very highly qualified … and yet not a local cup of tea. That’s not any judgment of her character or worth, officer. Just a pure observation of the “local” dynamic at work.

Old 06-27-2021, 09:08 PM

10,552 posts, read 7,750,499 times
Quote:
...Maybe you can now quit beating the "Hawaii" dead horse and begin sharing your wisdom with the people of Georgia? It is Georgia?

You didn't find a single kindred spirit on the Hawaii forum (since we are Marxist idiots, LOL). Better luck there!
It will be far more difficult for him to find anyone to argue with in the Georgia forum, and isn’t that what Internet chat groups are all about, a bit of keyboard warrior action?

Georgia does seem like a much better fit for this particular NY policeman than Hawai’i.

Old 06-27-2021, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
It will be far more difficult for him to find anyone to argue with in the Georgia forum, and isn’t that what Internet chat groups are all about, a bit of keyboard warrior action?

Georgia does seem like a much better fit for this particular NY policemen than Hawai’i.
I still don't understand why he doesn't go to Politics & O.C. It seems like he would be a natural fit.

I'm there daily when I have nothing better to do, like now, with summer break. Almost daily, the "hot" threads climb to 30-40 pages within hours.

There is one guy who is the self-appointed protector of AAs. If crime statistics are quoted, he finds "racism". If debates move beyond his limited comprehension or he doesn't "like" what is being said, he gets a moderator to delete the thread and brags about it!!!

Even so, it's fun while it lasts and way more stimulating than the Hawaii forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii