Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2021, 04:05 PM

1,462 posts, read 972,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Planning to travel to Maui next month.

Is COVID19 vaccination/passport mandatory or will negative CV19 test suffice 72 hours before departure suffice?
The way I read the info from Mauicounty.gov website is that you still have to have a negative CV19 test result if you are not vaccinated and register on the Safetravels site. Have fun in Maui. We're heading over there next month as well.

https://www.mauicounty.gov/
Quote:
Originally Posted by From website
Beginning July 8, travelers entering Hawaii from other states in the U.S. and its territories who have been fully vaccinated in the United States (including its Territories) may bypass quarantine without a pre-travel test. The vaccination record document must be uploaded to the Safe Travels platform or printed out prior to departure and hard copy in hand when arriving in Hawaii.

Other travelers can continue to bypass quarantine with a negative COVID-19 test result from a test taken from a trusted partner no more than 72 hours before beginning the final leg of their trip. Anyone without a negative test prior to departure must quarantine upon arrival. The negative test result must be uploaded onto Safe Travels or printed out prior to departure and hard copy in hand when arriving in Hawaii.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2021, 12:14 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,359,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
You can be fully vaccinated OR do a negative Covid test up to 72 hours before your flight (or quarantine)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teqp View Post
The way I read the info from Mauicounty.gov website is that you still have to have a negative CV19 test result if you are not vaccinated and register on the Safetravels site. Have fun in Maui. We're heading over there next month as well.

https://www.mauicounty.gov/
Thanks!

I was getting a lot of conflicting information from friends and family.

Old 07-10-2021, 06:49 PM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times
The Pandemic Did Not Affect Mental Health the Way You Think

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-think/619354/

Old 07-13-2021, 07:26 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,313,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post

How could you be sure of that? You seem certain in that assessment. Yeah, we really screwed up your life with draconian mandates and shutdowns, but hey, some quacks say you’re resilient and will be just fine. Besides, you got through it by participating in drive-by birthday parties, mutual-assistance groups, virtual cocktail evenings with old friends, and nightly cheers for health-care workers. It was the new normal. Heck, some people learned how to bake after losing their business and an economy wrecked when there isn’t a bit of evidence that lockdowns, masks, and socially distancing had any significant effect in slowing down Covid. Nevertheless, we are ready for the next pandemic sensationalized by the Pravda media instilling fear to again implement draconian rules and mandates by that quack Fauci who is still pushing mask wearing for children where a recent JAMA study shows a danger to children wearing masks.

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 07-13-2021 at 07:57 PM..

Old 07-13-2021, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
How could you possibly know this pandemic didn’t have a significant affect on mental health?
Oh thank goodness, you’ve come back … thought we’d lost you

Um, to answer your question: I didn’t say I know anything … I just posted what I thought was an interesting link, given that past ruminations by numerous posters broached the concern.

Howya doing in peach heaven there anyway?

Old 07-13-2021, 08:04 PM

Quote:

Um, to answer your question: I didn’t say I know anything … I just posted what I thought was an interesting link, given that past ruminations by numerous posters broached the concern.

I was thrown in City data forum jail for calling a leftist a Marxist on the political forum. I guess it’s a personal attack calling a Marxist a Marxist. Who knew.

I revised my response with my opinion added. It’s good you thought the link was interesting. I found it interesting too. It was very feel good.

Old 07-13-2021, 08:23 PM

Quote:

It warms my heart that you missed me. Means a lot. I missed you too.

Peach Heaven is good, but I haven’t seen any peach trees yet. Figures. It is pretty damn hot and humid here, but we lucked out with getting a house with a pool. Central AC is a must, but we were running it all day and night and with the pool filter going 24/7 because the pool was green our electric bill was $425. We now keep it off during the day and turn it on around 7PM to about 72 degrees to cool the house off a little for sleeping. Will see how that works out. Finally got the pool clear. I changed the sand in the filter and that seemed to do the trick. Only run it 10 hours a day. Figure 32,000 gallons should get filtered in that time.

Old 07-13-2021, 10:55 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,827,955 times
Quote:

Personally, I wouldn't mind a 50% shutdown for incoming tourists. I understand that would be selfish since people need their jobs back.

We are currently overwhelmed by loud, entitled people who act like they've landed at Disneyland and that locals are employees to be chastised when things go wrong. It's more like a Las Vegas weekend crowd than a typical Maui crowd.

Meanwhile, I have some favorite neighbors here for the first time in two years. We were in the ocean and pool earlier today and getting together for cocktails soon. They will be here for a month, then return in October for another month.

School is about to start back Aug. 3rd. I was offered a job yesterday and another today. I have already agreed to take a class for the first semester so I turned down the new offers. From what I've gathered, the schools will be desperate for teachers this year.

I also have a Honolulu day trip coming up. First time off the island in two years. My mental health is awesome!

Shootz.

Old 07-14-2021, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
It warms my heart that you missed me. Means a lot. I missed you too.

Peach Heaven is good, but I haven’t seen any peach trees yet. Figures. It is pretty damn hot and humid here, but we lucked out with getting a house with a pool. Central AC is a must, but we were running it all day and night and with the pool filter going 24/7 because the pool was green our electric bill was $425. We now keep it off during the day and turn it on around 7PM to about 72 degrees to cool the house off a little for sleeping. Will see how that works out. Finally got the pool clear. I changed the sand in the filter and that seemed to do the trick. Only run it 10 hours a day. Figure 32,000 gallons should get filtered in that time.
Good to hear you are adapting. Pools are nice for sure

Old 07-14-2021, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
…
We are currently overwhelmed by loud, entitled people who act like they've landed at Disneyland and that locals are employees to be chastised when things go wrong. It's more like a Las Vegas weekend crowd than a typical Maui crowd.
…

Shootz.
You’ve just identified at least half of all homo sapiens of course
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii