Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2021, 06:48 AM

2,378 posts, read 1,313,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
From what I've gathered, the schools will be desperate for teachers this year.
They will always be desperate for teachers. They wait too long to bring in new hires where teachers have already signed contracts with other schools. It’s completely dysfunctional mostly due to administration and the HSTA. They should be hunting for teachers in February the latest, not June and and July. It’s backwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2021, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Personally, I wouldn't mind a 50% shutdown for incoming tourists. I understand that would be selfish since people need their jobs back.
People aren’t all that eager to get back to work when they are still getting paid to stay home. When they free money stops rolling in, then people will want to get back to work.

Old 07-14-2021, 07:15 AM

21,734 posts, read 16,337,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
They will always be desperate for teachers. They wait too long to bring in new hires where teachers have already signed contracts with other schools. It’s completely dysfunctional mostly due to administration and the HSTA. They should be hunting for teachers in February the latest, not June and and July. It’s backwards.
There you go again, Jake … telling Chinatown how Chinatown should run itself. Tsk tsk tsk

Old 07-14-2021, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Good to hear you are adapting. Pools are nice for sure
Thanks. We like it here and are settling in. The people are very friendly. We are near Fort Gordon, so there are a lot of military families. We have a few military families as neighbors on our street. So a lot of transplants. Subdivisions are being built all over the place and I’m glad we didn’t land in one of them. I can’t stand them. The housing market was insane here and we landed in a more established neighborhood where most of the houses were built from the 60’s to 80’s. Anyway, My wife is happy to get back in the classroom. She’s in Columbia county outside of Augusta. Our daughter will be able to go to the same school even though we don’t reside in the same county. She’s nervous to start a new school, but she will be fine.

The pool is really nice. It’s no Hapuna, but least we don’t have to drive 2 hours to get to it. We do miss the quick drive to the shore in Hawaiian beaches and watching the ocean. There will be plenty of things I will miss, but I will always have them in my memories. Maybe I’ll build a house right on the water there on the new Earth God creates.

Old 07-14-2021, 07:45 AM

Quote:
There you go again, Jake … telling Chinatown how Chinatown should run itself. Tsk tsk tsk
Oh, It’s just my opinion on why they struggle to find new teachers. I could really care less. That’s their burden, not mine. They complain about not being able to find teachers and can’t figure out why, but they continue to do the same thing over and over again. That’s the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

The public school system in Hawaii is dysfunctional. That’s no secret. That’s how they want to roll, cool by me.

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 07-14-2021 at 07:57 AM..

Old 07-14-2021, 08:12 AM

I also don’t think Hawaii News and Civil Beat gets that they are in Chinatown telling Chinatown how to run itself.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/...se-of-low-pay/

The HDOE needs to stop their complaining about not being able to recruit new teachers when they wait right up until the start of the new school year to hire teachers from the mainland.

Old 07-14-2021, 08:16 AM

Quote:
I also don’t think Hawaii News and Civil Beat gets that they are in Chinatown telling Chinatown how to run itself.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/...se-of-low-pay/

The HDOE needs to stop their complaining about not being able to recruit new teachers when they wait right up until the start of the new school year to hire teachers from the mainland.
“There you go again” … Ronald Reagan

Old 07-14-2021, 09:00 AM

Quote:
“There you go again” … Ronald Reagan
I understand your point, there is no changing the HDOE in how they do things. I just find it interesting that they complain about not finding teachers when there are apparent reasons why they aren’t finding teachers. They can give all the pay incentives they want which will hopefully retain teachers, but a $3,000 bonus isn’t going to help when it is July and you’re attempting to get teachers from the mainland. These teachers already singed contracts, signed leases, have to put their home on the market and the list goes on. Stop complaining if you’re not going to make the changes that are required to bring in teachers from the mainland.

Old 07-14-2021, 09:32 AM

Quote:
I understand your point, there is no changing the HDOE in how they do things. I just find it interesting that they complain about not finding teachers when there are apparent reasons why they aren’t finding teachers. They can give all the pay incentives they want which will hopefully retain teachers, but a $3,000 bonus isn’t going to help when it is July and you’re attempting to get teachers from the mainland. These teachers already singed contracts, signed leases, have to put their home on the market and the list goes on. Stop complaining if you’re not going to make the changes that are required to bring in teachers from the mainland.
Chinatown Jake … that’s the nut.

Old 07-16-2021, 10:39 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,359,747 times
Are hotels and restaurants requiring proof of vaccination? Hearing from a recent traveler that is being required now. So what happens to the folks who aren't vaccinated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii