Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2021, 04:34 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,314,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
The flu shot can be forced on the public - you can't work at any of the hospitals in Hawaii unless you have had the flu vaccine (and soon to be Covid vaccine).

You can't play high school sports in Hawaii unless you've been vaccinated against Covid.

The military has mandated Covid vaccines.

Several employers have terminated employees for not getting the covid vaccine - the biggest one being a hospital in Texas firing 150 employees. They went to court - and lost.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...pital-n1272071

Several other court cases have already been filed and dismissed over mandates.

And you can't function in society if you can't work and I expect other places will follow NYC's lead in requiring a vaccine to go into restaurants.

And lastly - the Supreme Court has already ruled in the past vaccinations can be forced on you and is precedent today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacobson_v._Massachusetts

In fact - in that court case, the Supreme Court noted personal liberty is not absolute
I stand corrected. The government can force us to get the covid vaccine. Not sure why they haven’t yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2021, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
It’s so charmingly naive that you think you are so “free.” Lol. We are all so owned by so many entities and circumstances … but not Nyfinestbxtf … cute.

Know where you should have moved? “Live Free or Die” - New Hampshire state motto … dating from the Revolution. You could wear a three-cornered hat, carry a musket, trap beaver … and live in the fantasy.
Of course you would think that. Who are you a slave to? You may have easily surrendered your liberty and individualism, I along with many haven’t. Okay Neo, you swallowed the red pill. What a putz!

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 08-10-2021 at 05:02 PM..

Old 08-10-2021, 04:44 PM

Quote:
This is why more vaccine mandates are coming - as of today:

Today, the 5 most vaccinated states (14M people) had

580 people in hospital, 12 deaths

In the 5 least vaccinated states (16M people)

6,600 hospitalized, 104 deaths

Per capita , least vaccinated states have

10X hospitalizations and 7X deaths
As I have stated, then force the vaccine? What are they afraid of?

Old 08-10-2021, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiBoy View Post
I didn’t say the vaccine prevents variants. I said This is because virus replication is much faster and greater in unvaccinated people and each time the virus replicates it is another opportunity for variance. Effective Vaccines (like Pfizer & Moderna) help reduce replication (reduce viral load) in your body. Which reduces opportunity for variation.
Is there evidence of that? If vaccinated people can get infected with covid and spread covid, then what makes you believe variants still can’t develop? 167,000,000 Americans are fully vaccinated with tens of millions of others who have natural immunity. So why is there going to be another variant? If that is such a concern, then why is our southern border wide open? Covid isn’t going anywhere.

Old 08-10-2021, 04:51 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
then why is our southern border wide open
The southern border is closed to all but essential travel

Old 08-10-2021, 04:52 PM

Quote:
The southern border is closed to all but essential travel
Illegal immigration is essential travel? That’s funny!

Old 08-10-2021, 04:57 PM

451 posts, read 411,845 times
Quote:
Is there evidence of that? If vaccinated people can get infected with covid and spread covid, then what makes you believe variants still can’t develop? 167,000,000 Americans are fully vaccinated with tens of millions of others who have natural immunity. So why is there going to be another variant? If that is such a concern, then why is our southern border wide open? Covid isn’t going anywhere.
I will state it once again, please do yourself a favor and instead of spending time posting here, invest that time taking elementary biology classes for adults at your local community college or adult learning center.

Old 08-10-2021, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Monkey View Post
I will state it once again, please do yourself a favor and instead of spending time posting here, invest that time taking elementary biology classes for adults at your local community college or adult learning center.
Yawn

Old 08-10-2021, 05:03 PM

959 posts, read 1,215,196 times
Quote:
Is there evidence of that? If vaccinated people can get infected with covid and spread covid, then what makes you believe variants still can’t develop.
Wow. Do you even read the post’s ? Once again, if you actually read the post you’ll clearly see I did not say vaccinated people cannot produce variants.

Old 08-10-2021, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiBoy View Post
Wow. Do you even read the post’s ? Once again, if you actually read the post you’ll clearly see I did not say vaccinated people cannot produce variants.
I know what you said. You stated that “ And continued infections among non-vaccinated people leads to more (and faster) mutations.” My point is whether or not you are vaccinated, covid is still spreading through both groups. If covid is still spreading through the vaccinated, variants are as likely as they would through the unvaccinated. I know I’m told to take a elementary biology class for adults for making this point, but is the point I’m making incorrect? 167,000,000 people are vaccinated, tens of millions of people have natural immunity, yet we are soon looking at another variant after Delta. It’s just a matter of time that this virus evolves around the vaccines we have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii