Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2021, 05:25 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,316,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Designed by whom “to specifically target humans?” Humans designed an uncontrollable virus to target themselves?

Designed in a Chinese military bio lab funded by us. I don’t know why humans designed this virus to attack humans. You’ll have to ask the scientists who developed this virus. You still think this virus came from another animal and evolved over time to infect humans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2021, 06:43 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,361,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
Designed in a Chinese military bio lab funded by us. I don’t know why humans designed this virus to attack humans. You’ll have to ask the scientists who developed this virus. You still think this virus came from another animal and evolved over time to infect humans?
What I think, is what I KNOW: that I don’t know …. AND that wild speculation by armchair internet ‘experts’ is irresponsible rumor-mongering that spreads much garbage dressed up in sophistry and serves no productive ends.

Old 08-10-2021, 06:49 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,361,136 times
Quote:
Of course you would think that. Who are you a slave to? You may have easily surrendered your liberty and individualism, I along with many haven’t. Okay Neo, you swallowed the red pill. What a putz!
You are a slave to your own lifestyle, including all the marketing you respond to (but pretend you don’t). Credit, rx prescriptions, religion, politics, ideologies, dietary preferences (which have been fed you by major agribusiness your entire life) … personal cravings (like posting on internet forums that don’t change anything) … I can go on.

Old 08-10-2021, 07:17 PM

Quote:
What I think, is what I KNOW: that I don’t know …. AND that wild speculation by armchair internet ‘experts’ is irresponsible rumor-mongering that spreads much garbage dressed up in sophistry and serves no productive ends.
You’re absolutely clueless. There is strong evidence that covid was engineered in the Wuhan lab and that the virus did not occur naturally from animal to human.

Interview of former CDC director Dr. Robert Redfield.

https://mobile.twitter.com/marthamac...42843047317509

Old 08-10-2021, 07:26 PM

Quote:
You are a slave to your own lifestyle, including all the marketing you respond to (but pretend you don’t). Credit, rx prescriptions, religion, politics, ideologies, dietary preferences (which have been fed you by major agribusiness your entire life) … personal cravings (like posting on internet forums that don’t change anything) … I can go on.
How does any of that have an affect on an individual’s liberty? Are we oppressed? Is being in a civil society a form of slavery? By that reasoning, were humans ever free, even when we lived in caves and were Hunter and gatherers.

I think you’re misunderstanding liberty.

Old 08-10-2021, 09:47 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,917,108 times
Quote:

I think you’re misunderstanding liberty.
I think you are misunderstanding liberty. The Supreme Court has already ruled liberty has limits.

You do not get absolute liberty in a rule driven society.

Old 08-11-2021, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
I think you are misunderstanding liberty. The Supreme Court has already ruled liberty has limits.

You do not get absolute liberty in a rule driven society.
I never said you did. You do not have the liberty to do as you please without there being a consequence. For instance, you can fly down the highway over a 100 mph if you choose to, there is absolutely nothing preventing you to do so, but there are consequences to those actions. We are a civil society with a rule of law. In Jacobson v. Massachusetts by not receiving the smallpox vaccination, you’re infringing on the health of others. You can choose not to get the smallpox vaccination, but there is a potential lawful consequence to not receiving the smallpox vaccination. Did the government go door to door with needles in their hand jabbing people? No, but you would be fined.

This is why I don’t believe women have a right to an abortion. It isn’t their body their choice. Their body isn’t the one being affected. There is a third person involved and that’s the child in the womb.

Tulemute doesn’t believe there is any liberty within the society we live in. He believes we are all prisoners or slaves to this society. I disagree. I believe we are all born with inalienable rights given to us by God and one of those rights is liberty. We are born free. Our Founders acknowledged these truths. Now, if you want to become a bum, then become a bum and detach from the society and lifestyle Tulemutte believes you’re not free from. Live in the jungle under a tarp if that is what you chose to do. No one will care.

Old 08-11-2021, 05:24 AM

Covid herd immunity is a failure

08-11-2021, 02:06 AM
The Brits are saying there’s no point in trying to get herd immunity because of the Delta variant. We’re going to have to live with it. Vaccines are fine, but research into therapudics are probably more important.

The delta variant has wrecked any chance of herd immunity, a panel of experts including the head of the Oxford vaccine team said as they called for an end to mass testing so Britain can start to live with Covid.

Scientists said it was time to accept that there was no way of stopping the virus spreading through the entire population, and monitoring people with mild symptoms was no longer helpful.

Prof Andrew Pollard, who led the Oxford vaccine team, said it was clear that the delta variant could infect people who had been vaccinated, which made herd immunity impossible to reach even with high vaccine uptake.

It comes as Angela Merkel became the first major world leader to announce the end of free testing, with the provision set to stop in Germany from Oct 11.

On Tuesday, the Department of Health confirmed that more than three quarters of adults have now received both jabs, and calculated that 60,000 deaths and 66,900 hospitalisations had been prevented by vaccination. But experts said it would never be enough to stop Covid from spreading.

Speaking to the all-party parliamentary group on Covid, Sir Andrew said: "Anyone who is still unvaccinated will, at some point, meet the virus.

"We don't have anything that will stop transmission, so I think we are in a situation where herd immunity is not a possibility and I suspect the virus will throw up a new variant that is even better at infecting vaccinated individuals."

Until recently, it was hoped that increasing the number of Britons jabbed would create a ring of protection around the population. As late as last week, the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation said one of the reasons it had advised that 16 and 17-year-olds should be vaccinated was because it may help prevent a winter Covid wave.

However, analysis by Public Health England has shown that when vaccinated people catch the virus they have a similar viral load to unvaccinated individuals and may be as infectious.

Paul Hunter, professor in medicine at the University of East Anglia and an expert in infectious diseases, told the committee: "The concept of herd immunity is unachievable because we know the infection will spread in unvaccinated populations and the latest data is suggesting that two doses is probably only 50 percent protective against infection."

Prof Hunter, who advises the World Health Organisation on Covid, also said it was time to change the way the data was collected and recorded as the virus became endemic.

"We need to start moving away from just reporting infections, or just reporting positive cases admitted to hospital, to actually start reporting the number of people who are ill because of Covid," he added. "Otherwise we are going to be frightening ourselves with very high numbers that actually don't translate into disease burden."

On Tuesday, Sajid Javid, the Health Secretary, confirmed that third dose booster shots would be given from next month. However, Sir Andrew argued that, if mass testing was not stopped, Britain could be in a situation of continually vaccinating the population.

"I think as we look at the adult population going forward, if we continue to chase community testing and are worried about those results, we're going to end up in a situation where we're constantly boosting to try and deal with something which is not manageable," he said.

"It needs to be moving to clinically driven testing in which people are willing to get tested and treated and managed, rather than lots of community testing. If someone is unwell they should be tested, but for their contacts, if they're not unwell then it makes sense for them to be in school and being educated."

Dr Ruchi Sinha, consultant paediatrician at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, told MPs and peers that choosing not to vaccinate children would be unlikely to cause problems in the health service.

"What matters is the burden of patient hospitalisation and critical care and actually there hasn't been as much with this delta variant," she said. "They tend to be the children who have got their comorbidities, obesity, or severe neurological problems and those children are already considered for vaccination. Covid on its own in paediatrics is not the problem."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...rn-scientists/

It is time to start living your life and stop dwelling on this virus. There is no stopping it. All we can hope for is vaccines, natural immunity, and therapeutics remain durable.

Old 08-11-2021, 11:54 AM

451 posts, read 412,463 times
Quote:
I never said you did. You do not have the liberty to do as you please without there being a consequence. For instance, you can fly down the highway over a 100 mph if you choose to, there is absolutely nothing preventing you to do so, but there are consequences to those actions. We are a civil society with a rule of law. In Jacobson v. Massachusetts by not receiving the smallpox vaccination, you’re infringing on the health of others. You can choose not to get the smallpox vaccination, but there is a potential lawful consequence to not receiving the smallpox vaccination. Did the government go door to door with needles in their hand jabbing people? No, but you would be fined.

This is why I don’t believe women have a right to an abortion. It isn’t their body their choice. Their body isn’t the one being affected. There is a third person involved and that’s the child in the womb.

Tulemute doesn’t believe there is any liberty within the society we live in. He believes we are all prisoners or slaves to this society. I disagree. I believe we are all born with inalienable rights given to us by God and one of those rights is liberty. We are born free. Our Founders acknowledged these truths. Now, if you want to become a bum, then become a bum and detach from the society and lifestyle Tulemutte believes you’re not free from. Live in the jungle under a tarp if that is what you chose to do. No one will care.
"We are born free. Our Founders acknowledged these truths."

No, not really. Acknowledged only for a select group. Some were deemed property, i.e. the societal concept and practice of ownership of a human from their birth to death by another human.

Old 08-11-2021, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Monkey View Post
"We are born free. Our Founders acknowledged these truths."

No, not really. Acknowledged only for a select group. Some were deemed property, i.e. the societal concept and practice of ownership of a human from their birth to death by another human.
Can you point out where in the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and Federalist Papers our Founders deemed individuals as property? I have read them and I don’t see where that is factual.

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 08-11-2021 at 01:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii