Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2021, 03:36 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,558,694 times

Advertisements

Well, I got the covid end of 2019 coming back on a crowded plane from Asia. Doctors here didnt even know about the pandemic yet. It was like a bad hangover mixed with the flu, I loaded up on zinc, Vit c, Elderberry extract and multivitamin /minerals. I took Tylenol for body aches, and drank lots of electrolyte water. I was up and around after 4 days and each day got stronger.
Doesn't make sense that I'm required for the vaxx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2021, 04:25 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,313,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Well, I got the covid end of 2019 coming back on a crowded plane from Asia. Doctors here didnt even know about the pandemic yet. It was like a bad hangover mixed with the flu, I loaded up on zinc, Vit c, Elderberry extract and multivitamin /minerals. I took Tylenol for body aches, and drank lots of electrolyte water. I was up and around after 4 days and each day got stronger.
I don’t believe any word from what a TV doctor like Fauci or some other government bureaucrat has to say in regards to this virus. They want you to get the jab regardless if you been previously infected. None of them have any clue if a person who has natural immunity of the adverse affects the vaccine can do. “Just get the shot, wear a mask, and shut up. Our patience is wearing thin” they say. Who do they think their talking to? Kiss my a**. I’ll discuss these matters with a real doctor who personally knows me and my medical history what’s best for me, not that clown on TV who pretends to be a doctor. He’s a waking talking contradiction.

Old 09-16-2021, 10:02 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
If you don't want to do dine in dining - go to a gym - visit a State facility - and hopefully your employer doesn't require it - then you can certainly skip it. Airplane travel is likely next on the list. I got the vaccine well before any mandates - will get a booster - and also had Covid. I just can't relate to what is the big deal. You don't know how your current antibodies against Covid will react to future variants after Delta.

Like polio, had Covid simply crippled the 650,000 people it so far has killed then I suspect the anti-vax movement would be mostly moot. Of course, every single adult who attended elementary school has had a polio vaccine since it is mandated in all 50 states.

Fun fact - had George Washington not mandated Smallpox inoculations among the Continental Army the United States as we know it may not have existed in its current form. Blame the founding fathers for mandates or simply blame the supreme court as they've all been upheld.

Old 09-16-2021, 11:11 AM

21,734 posts, read 16,337,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
I don’t believe any word from what a TV doctor like Fauci or some other government bureaucrat has to say in regards to this virus. They want you to get the jab regardless if you been previously infected. None of them have any clue if a person who has natural immunity of the adverse affects the vaccine can do. “Just get the shot, wear a mask, and shut up. Our patience is wearing thin” they say. Who do they think their talking to? Kiss my a**. I’ll discuss these matters with a real doctor who personally knows me and my medical history what’s best for me, not that clown on TV who pretends to be a doctor. He’s a waking talking contradiction.
Lol. Still at it eh officer? Preaching who to believe … such as yourself, with all your expertise and credentials, of course!

Old 09-16-2021, 11:53 AM

423 posts, read 186,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
If you don't want to do dine in dining - go to a gym - visit a State facility - and hopefully your employer doesn't require it - then you can certainly skip it. Airplane travel is likely next on the list. I got the vaccine well before any mandates - will get a booster - and also had Covid. I just can't relate to what is the big deal. You don't know how your current antibodies against Covid will react to future variants after Delta.

Like polio, had Covid simply crippled the 650,000 people it so far has killed then I suspect the anti-vax movement would be mostly moot. Of course, every single adult who attended elementary school has had a polio vaccine since it is mandated in all 50 states.

Fun fact - had George Washington not mandated Smallpox inoculations among the Continental Army the United States as we know it may not have existed in its current form. Blame the founding fathers for mandates or simply blame the supreme court as they've all been upheld.
Fun fact: when you get vaccinated against Polio or Smallpox, you're immunized against the disease and you don't (super)spread it. It just turns out that the Covid vax is not the magic bullet it was hyped up to be. Vaccinated people get the virus left and right (many examples just in this thread alone) and they are also able to superspread it. Unfortunate, but it's a leaky vaccine.

Please stop parroting the bulls**it media narrative about a so-called anti-vax movement. If we were to make a poll on City-data about those who have reservations towards the Covid shot but vaccinated their own children with all of the recommended childhood vaccines, the result would be overwhelming.

Here's the thing: at the moment world leaders are creating an incredibly irresponsible global situation with the unevenly distributed vaccination. The world is divided into nations that are either over-vaccinated, partially vaccinated or 90% non-vaccinated. You can't put the blame on a minority of unvaccinated Americans when the majority of the third-world is unvaccinated. Delta came from India (and strangely disappeared already), not the US. The new Mu variant is emerging from Colombia, not the US.

Old 09-16-2021, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easternman View Post
Fun fact:

Here's the thing: at the moment world leaders are creating an incredibly irresponsible global situation with the unevenly distributed vaccination.

You fell for a divisive tactic just like many others.
Fun Fact: We the people elected our leader. Just deal with it. As an anti-vaxxer, all you are doing is extending the restrictions.

Old 09-16-2021, 12:13 PM

Looks like hospitals will use age 65 as a tiebreaker in Hawaii for hospital resources specific to Covid.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/...ker-in-crisis/

Important to note no crisis declared but if they do - hopefully you are under age 65 when competing for resources.

Old 09-16-2021, 12:21 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,209,295 times
Quote:
Looks like hospitals will use age 65 as a tiebreaker in Hawaii for hospital resources specific to Covid.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/...ker-in-crisis/

Important to note no crisis declared but if they do - hopefully you are under age 65 when competing for resources.
Goodness! It's curious why the Hawaii government doesn't seem to be demanding federal medical support in the form of makeshift hospitals and military medical professionals as we saw last year in places like NYC, New Orleans, etc. If things get that serious where you are using age as a tiebreaker for who gets medical treatment for Covid, you clearly need help.

Old 09-16-2021, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Goodness! It's curious why the Hawaii government doesn't seem to be demanding federal medical support in the form of makeshift hospitals and military medical professionals as we saw last year in places like NYC, New Orleans, etc. If things get that serious where you are using age as a tiebreaker for who gets medical treatment for Covid, you clearly need help.
At least is isn't as bad as Alabama

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...0family%20says.

Ray DeMonia, 73, was born and raised in Cullman, Ala., but he died on Sept. 1, some 200 miles away in an intensive care unit in Meridian, Miss.

Last month, DeMonia, who spent 40 years in the antiques and auctions business, suffered a cardiac emergency. But it was because hospitals are full due to the coronavirus — and not his heart — that he was forced to spend his last days so far from home, according to his family.

"Due to COVID 19, CRMC emergency staff contacted 43 hospitals in 3 states in search of a Cardiac ICU bed and finally located one in Meridian, MS.," the last paragraph of DeMonia's obituary reads, referring to the Cullman Regional Medical Center.

Old 09-16-2021, 12:35 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,209,295 times
Quote:
At least is isn't as bad as Alabama

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...0family%20says.

Ray DeMonia, 73, was born and raised in Cullman, Ala., but he died on Sept. 1, some 200 miles away in an intensive care unit in Meridian, Miss.

Last month, DeMonia, who spent 40 years in the antiques and auctions business, suffered a cardiac emergency. But it was because hospitals are full due to the coronavirus — and not his heart — that he was forced to spend his last days so far from home, according to his family.

"Due to COVID 19, CRMC emergency staff contacted 43 hospitals in 3 states in search of a Cardiac ICU bed and finally located one in Meridian, MS.," the last paragraph of DeMonia's obituary reads, referring to the Cullman Regional Medical Center.
I didn't get to read the article yet, but based on trends here I imagine that this individual was unvaccinated. It's still mindboggling that so many are still refusing to get vaccinated based on all we know. One of my Sailors' mother just passed away from COVID complications today. She lived in Texas but had to be taken to a hospital in New Mexico (a few hours away) due to hospitals being full of COVID patients where she lived. Again, unvaccinated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii