Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2021, 11:19 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,901,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
Got it. I see. So the mask can prevent virus from exhale, but is ineffective from preventing the virus on inhale.
Drink some water - spit it out forward as hard as you can.

Put on a mask - spit it out forward as hard as you can.

Let us know how far the water went in each test.

That is the purpose of the mask - the exhale doesn't go as far. This is really elementary school basics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2021, 11:56 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,691,899 times
Covid-19 Policy To Become Uniform Statewide

The WAY it SHOULD be all over these Untied States of America. It's now or Never Folks..THe Pandemia it's hiting harder NOW than over a year ago, and everyone NEW IT !!! The Gone POTUS HID IT FROM EVERY ONE, but he got VACCINATED in hidding..Ain't that a CROCK ????

Old 08-05-2021, 01:32 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,313,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Drink some water - spit it out forward as hard as you can.

Put on a mask - spit it out forward as hard as you can.

Let us know how far the water went in each test.

That is the purpose of the mask - the exhale doesn't go as far. This is really elementary school basics.
Lmao. That sounds scientific to me. So covid travels in droplets that the mask stops. So why do I need to wear a mask if I’m showing no symptoms of covid?

Old 08-05-2021, 01:40 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,901,605 times
Quote:
So why do I need to wear a mask if I’m showing no symptoms of covid?
You've really got to stop the trolling - you know full well you can have Covid with no symptoms.

Old 08-05-2021, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
You've really got to stop the trolling - you know full well you can have Covid with no symptoms.
If you want to call me a troll for asking questions, so be it. I get it. Water is more easily dispersed from your mouth without a mask on than with one on. If the mask can stop water the mask could also stop aerosolized microscopic particles. You’re right. We all need to wear masks even if there is no evidence of asymptomatic people shedding covid.

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 08-05-2021 at 03:15 PM..

Old 08-05-2021, 04:18 PM

451 posts, read 411,782 times
Quote:
........even if there is no evidence of asymptomatic people shedding covid.
Honestly, you do not know if there is evidence of that or not, but you you cite it as as such. As I suggested before, you should put your curiosity to good work and sign up for some classes in Biology at your local community college or an adult learning center.

Old 08-05-2021, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Monkey View Post
Honestly, you do not know if there is evidence of that or not, but you you cite it as as such. As I suggested before, you should put your curiosity to good work and sign up for some classes in Biology at your local community college or an adult learning center.
That’s cute.

If there was evidence of asymptomatic people and children shedding the virus onto others, it would be all over the news on a continuous loop. If masks have proven to be effective in stopping viruses, it would be on a continuous loop by the media. But no, we are told to shut up and wear a mask. Stop asking questions. What I do find interesting is the media ignoring the JAMA study on the effect masks have on children. That’s odd.

The other reason why I know there isn’t evidence that asymptomatic people aren’t shedding the virus onto others doesn’t require a associates degree in biology. Like a crime scene, evidence of the crime is collected. The evidence that’s collected is investigated. Through this investigation it points to potential suspects. Then you begin to investigate these potential suspects. Eventually if the investigation goes well, you end up with probable cause to make an arrest. There isn’t a single expert who has come out and had any probable cause that asymptomatic people and children are spreaders of covid. There isn’t even enough evidence of such a claim for an inquiry. There have been schools fully open since last fall and there is nothing about students shedding the virus onto teachers and teachers shedding Covid onto others. My wife’s first day of school was today. She has about 90 in class students in five classes. She said about 15 of them wear masks out of 90 students. We will see if this school year is different with the delta variant.

With that said, even if there is evidence that equates to probable cause if not beyond a reasonable doubt that if infected with covid and are asymptomatic and can spread it to others, vaccinated people are not at risk of dying or being hospitalized from Covid. So why in the hell am I again forced to wear a mask if I’m not at risk of covid because I’m vaccinated? To protect those who refuse to get a vaccine?

There is in fact beyond a reasonable doubt that if you’re vaccinated, you’re not high risk from Covid. If you’re vaccinated there is .1% chance of hospitalization if infected and .0007% chance of death?

But nope, mandates have to be pushed again. The fear has to continue. Let me let you in on something. It’s never going to stop. It’s never going to end. After the Delta variant, there is going to be a super variant after that that’s more contagious and we need to be more in fear of. Is there a possibility that this may be political rather than based in science? You have to ask if that’s a possibility.

Old 08-05-2021, 06:00 PM

And say there is a super variant. A variant that emerges that’s more transmissible and more deadly? What are you going to do about it? Nothing. Is more masking, more lockdowns, more social distancing, more closing of businesses really going to have any effect? Is there any evidence that these mandates had any effect? It’s skimpy at best and nonexistent at worst. All we can hope for is like on past variants of viruses is that they weaken and the vaccine remains durable. Outside of that, there is no remedy. But it’s better to ruin the school years of millions of children than it is to take rational public health measures based on evidence. I’m sorry, but the evidence is just not there that more covid mandates have any effect.

Old 08-05-2021, 07:01 PM

344 posts, read 250,546 times
Quote:
That’s cute.

If there was evidence of asymptomatic people and children shedding the virus onto others, it would be all over the news on a continuous loop. If masks have proven to be effective in stopping viruses, it would be on a continuous loop by the media. But no, we are told to shut up and wear a mask. Stop asking questions. What I do find interesting is the media ignoring the JAMA study on the effect masks have on children. That’s odd.

The other reason why I know there isn’t evidence that asymptomatic people aren’t shedding the virus onto others doesn’t require a associates degree in biology. Like a crime scene, evidence of the crime is collected. The evidence that’s collected is investigated. Through this investigation it points to potential suspects. Then you begin to investigate these potential suspects. Eventually if the investigation goes well, you end up with probable cause to make an arrest. There isn’t a single expert who has come out and had any probable cause that asymptomatic people and children are spreaders of covid. There isn’t even enough evidence of such a claim for an inquiry. There have been schools fully open since last fall and there is nothing about students shedding the virus onto teachers and teachers shedding Covid onto others. My wife’s first day of school was today. She has about 90 in class students in five classes. She said about 15 of them wear masks out of 90 students. We will see if this school year is different with the delta variant.

With that said, even if there is evidence that equates to probable cause if not beyond a reasonable doubt that if infected with covid and are asymptomatic and can spread it to others, vaccinated people are not at risk of dying or being hospitalized from Covid. So why in the hell am I again forced to wear a mask if I’m not at risk of covid because I’m vaccinated? To protect those who refuse to get a vaccine?

There is in fact beyond a reasonable doubt that if you’re vaccinated, you’re not high risk from Covid. If you’re vaccinated there is .1% chance of hospitalization if infected and .0007% chance of death?

But nope, mandates have to be pushed again. The fear has to continue. Let me let you in on something. It’s never going to stop. It’s never going to end. After the Delta variant, there is going to be a super variant after that that’s more contagious and we need to be more in fear of. Is there a possibility that this may be political rather than based in science? You have to ask if that’s a possibility.
Once again, your are having trouble keeping your nut job conspiracy theories straight. Remember when you were convinced it was all a hoax that would magically disappear right after the election? Because, evidently it was all just manufactured for the election. But, now here we are with another wave of the pandemic, so I guess the conspiracy theory has to change with it. You are like the people standing on the street corner proclaiming the end of times every few years.

Now, you also say the vaccine is effective. How can a vaccine be effective against a hoax?

Old 08-05-2021, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KohalaTransplant View Post
Once again, your are having trouble keeping your nut job conspiracy theories straight. Remember when you were convinced it was all a hoax that would magically disappear right after the election? Because, evidently it was all just manufactured for the election. But, now here we are with another wave of the pandemic, so I guess the conspiracy theory has to change with it. You are like the people standing on the street corner proclaiming the end of times every few years.

Now, you also say the vaccine is effective. How can a vaccine be effective against a hoax?
It’s not a conspiracy theory when it is true. If you don’t think this virus has become politicized, you delusional or worse, naive. Don’t forget the motto of the leftist, “never let a crisis go to waste.” I did think this virus would disappear as many do. Most of us thought that. Who wouldn’t? Many viruses come and go naturally. I admit, I was wrong. Also, none of us knew this virus was created in a Chinese military bio lab as well funded by the NIH. We didn’t know that either. Now we do. Is that a conspiracy theory too?

I also never stated covid was a hoax. I stated the alarmism and our response to covid is a hoax. Blaming Trump for covid is a hoax. I never stated covid was a hoax. After all, it was manufactured in a Chinese military bio lab. Covid is very serious all things considered.

You disagree that there is nothing that can be done to stop covid? You agree that there is no remedy to rid Covid other than hope the variants weaken as most variants do and that the vaccine continues to be durable against Covid?

What if there is a super variant as is being predicted by Dr. Fauci? What then? What mandate is going to resolve a more contagious and deadly variant as is being predicted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii