Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2022, 08:44 AM

10,552 posts, read 7,747,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Update: The kids all returned from Las Vegas yesterday. They were asked at LV Airport if they were vaccinated. They never had to show any documentation at all.

One was worried because he lost his phone in Las Vegas. It never mattered.

Apparently, Safe Travels has quietly gone away, already.
So they got the pre clear white wrist band for simply stating they were vaccinated, no QR code or anything else?

I would be surprised if the mask mandate on flights goes away in March.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2022, 11:06 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,901,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post

Really? Washington announced March 21 to end the mandate and New Mexico announced the end of the mask mandate immediately. Illinois announced a target of Feb 28. Oregon announced Mar 31 or sooner.

That only leaves - you guessed it, Hawaii with no announcement whatsoever.

I don't see the Feds keeping a mandate with 1 state holdout. That will only bring on more air rage.

Old 02-20-2022, 02:11 PM

10,552 posts, read 7,747,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Really? Washington announced March 21 to end the mandate and New Mexico announced the end of the mask mandate immediately. Illinois announced a target of Feb 28. Oregon announced Mar 31 or sooner.

That only leaves - you guessed it, Hawaii with no announcement whatsoever.

I don't see the Feds keeping a mandate with 1 state holdout. That will only bring on more air rage.
Maybe so. I just remember reading somewhere that airports and flights would be the last to drop the mask requirement. There's a lot of paranoia among the masses about sharing air in such a confined area for an extended period of time. Mask requirements in schools remain commonplace.

Old 02-20-2022, 02:30 PM

Quote:
There's a lot of paranoia among the masses about sharing air in such a confined area for an extended period of time.
It truly is paranoia - HEPA filters on modern airplanes are as effective trapping viruses and bacteria as surgical hospital rooms. Essentially 99.9% of particles including Covid-19 get trapped in these filters.

Certainly safer than attending a concert on the mainland with no masks - or sitting at a blackjack or craps table in Vegas.

Old 02-20-2022, 11:49 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,826,974 times
Quote:
So they got the pre clear white wrist band for simply stating they were vaccinated, no QR code or anything else?

Yes, they got pre-clear wrist bands by simply stating that they were vaccinated. No QR code requested.
(The bands were actually lavender-colored.)

Old 02-21-2022, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Yes, they got pre-clear wrist bands by simply stating that they were vaccinated. No QR code requested.
(The bands were actually lavender-colored.)
And they didn't say anything?

Old 02-21-2022, 11:14 AM

Quote:
And they didn't say anything?
Not sure who you mean?

The kids were asked in LV if they were vaccinated. They replied, "Yes", and were issued wristbands. I don't know who issued them. I assume Hawaiian Airlines personnel. (I can find out when the boys wake up, LOL.)

As I mentioned earlier, one lost his phone in Las Vegas and was worried it would cause problems flying into Hawaii. It never mattered.

They flew Hawaiian Airlines: OGG-LVS going over, and LVS-HNL-OGG coming home.

Is it possible that Hawaiian Airlines could have had access to their SAFE TRAVELS accounts without them knowing, or would 12 of them traveling as a group make a difference?

Old 02-21-2022, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Not sure who you mean?
I guess I meant weren't they flying with a parent? As in, I would ask - aren't you supposed to scan the QR code and verify either the vaccine or testing requirement.......

Old 02-21-2022, 05:07 PM

Quote:
I guess I meant weren't they flying with a parent? As in, I would ask - aren't you supposed to scan the QR code and verify either the vaccine or testing requirement.......
Two of them are 18. Eight are 21-25 and two are around 40 years old. The couple who organized the trip made photocopies of everyone's paper vaccine records and IDs in case anything got lost.

I asked again just now, and the boys were never required to access their Safe Travels Accounts or provide QR codes. One was worried since he lost his phone, but it never mattered.

They said only Driver's licenses and boarding passes at the airports.

Old 02-21-2022, 05:53 PM

Well - United still scans the QR code before issuing a wristband. I think the State would would come down hard on Hawaiian if they heard they were just taking people's word for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii