Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2021, 05:30 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times

Advertisements

Back to Hawaii and Covid-19

On the news this morning - The percentage of those vaccinated has not changed in a week, we aren't going to hit 70% of the entire population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2021, 05:45 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,314,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Back to Hawaii and Covid-19

On the news this morning - The percentage of those vaccinated has not changed in a week, we aren't going to hit 70% of the entire population.
I don’t think anywhere is hitting that mark, but we also do not know who has been previously infected who did not get the vaccine. 96 covid deaths and 4,000 covid cases out of 330,000,000 people yesterday. It’s safe to say we hit heard immunity. Those who refuse the vaccine and don’t stay home stay safe and they get infected with Covid, we are all adults. If you’re vaccinated, then why care who isn’t?

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 06-28-2021 at 05:53 PM..

Old 06-28-2021, 06:09 PM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
I don’t think anywhere is hitting that mark, but we also do not know who has been previously infected who did not get the vaccine. 96 covid deaths and 4,000 covid cases out of 330,000,000 people yesterday. It’s safe to say we hit heard immunity. Those who refuse the vaccine and don’t stay home stay safe and they get infected with Covid, we are all adults. If you’re vaccinated, then why care who isn’t?
Says the expert who predicted Covid pandemic deaths “wouldn’t even reach 60,000” total for the nation?

Old 06-28-2021, 06:15 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,314,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Says the expert who predicted Covid pandemic deaths “wouldn’t even reach 60,000” total for the nation?
Deaths related solely to Covid is under 60,000. A person infected with covid who died from a Motorcycle crash isn’t a covid death. Just keep following That quack Fauci and the CDC and I’ll follow the data, facts, and science.

Old 06-28-2021, 06:43 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,827,955 times
Quote:
My wife sent a letter? When? What did it say?
Perhaps it was an angry email? Either way you know exactly what I'm referring to.
Now that I think about it, I believe you called it a "scathing email".
If I take the time to find it, you will simply ignore my proof like you do every time I prove you wrong because you lack integrity.

Remember when you posted that your wife was sitting home, picking weeds all day? I suggested a retail job while she waited.
You reacted as if I had called her an obscene name, throwing insults at me and making it clear that a retail job is beneath her.

I thought "what a weird dude you are."! I'm not too good for retail, and you work in retail.
It was at that point that I began to suspect that you are bi-polar, or worse.

Here we are from 9/16/20 Your post: She can go right back to the private sector if she chooses and it doesn’t have to be retail. What a condescending remark.

Last edited by Futuremauian; 06-28-2021 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: Added a line

Old 06-28-2021, 06:49 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,827,955 times
Quote:
Deaths related solely to Covid is under 60,000. A person infected with covid who died from a Motorcycle crash isn’t a covid death. Just keep following That quack Fauci and the CDC and I’ll follow the data, facts, and science.
This was disproven ages ago yet you continue to repeat it to justify lies.

Check Snopes. (Marxist, right?)

Old 06-28-2021, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Lmfao.

Officer, my 2nd wife was born profoundly deaf. She also had minor mobility issues and some severe allergies. She died this past winter. The death certificate cites her cause of death as multiple organ failure because her liver and kidneys shut down. Should her deafness and allergies and mobility problems have been cited instead since they were “comorbidities”?

My first wife died 25 years ago. Her heart gave out under the stress and struggle of battling lung cancer that had spread to bones and brain. Should her cause of death have been heart failure? That’s what gave out even though she lived without heart trouble for 48 years.

The deaths were: 1. Organ failure 2. Cancer

And over 600,000 Americans died of Covid-19 … yes, more than 10x your prediction. Your specious data, facts, and science selections are an insult to those who suffered and lost their battle.

Old 06-28-2021, 07:14 PM

10,552 posts, read 7,747,342 times
Quote:
I don’t think anywhere is hitting that mark..
I believe Hawaii is one of 10 states to achieve 70% of eligible population vaccinated, which is pretty good.

My community in Alaska is at 78% (Over age 12), also good because very few here are likely to have had the virus already.

Old 06-28-2021, 07:22 PM

451 posts, read 411,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Perhaps it was an angry email? Either way you know exactly what I'm referring to.
If I take the time to find it, you will simply ignore my proof like you do every time I prove you wrong because you lack integrity.

Remember when you posted that your wife was sitting home, picking weeds all day? I suggested a retail job while she waited.
You reacted as if I had called her an obscene name, throwing insults at me and making it clear that a retail job is beneath her.

I thought "what a weird dude you are."! I'm not too good for retail, and you work in retail.
It was at that point that I began to suspect that you are bi-polar, or worse.
Was this it?

Quote:
I think my wife just emailed her kiss of death to the HDOE. They sent out a FB ad for a virtual job fair looking for qualified teachers from the mainland to fill open vacancies on all islands, especially for Hawaii Island for 2020-2021 school year. My wife emailed them a scathing reply that they have a highly qualified teacher here sitting at home pulling weeds in Pahoa and not the least bit interested in hiring because of the dysfunction within the schools here. She pointed out in her email how uncertified teachers are keeping their teaching positions over qualified certified teachers. I think she has given up and is going to join the police department. I couldn’t tell you how many former NYPD cops I knew were former teachers in the NYC school system. They gave up too. What’s scary is inner city kids have higher proficiency than many of the schools here. She’s done.

Old 06-28-2021, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Monkey View Post
Was this it?
Oh *snap*!

Good catch Monkey …
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii