Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 11:53 PM

4 posts, read 26,224 times

Advertisements

I am just wondering if there are any others from hawaii trying to escape the high cost of paradise? I did i moved to florida. If anyone you know is thinking of moving tell them think about florida. at least here you can evacuate to somewhere.and there is beaches. I mean c'mon in Hawaii we have to work so much we hardly go to the beach. The Hawaiian islands are one of the most isolated groups on this planet. Can you imagine the earthquakes in hawaii and trying to evacuate? where would we go? Or a major Tsunami? There is just no more room?
Over one million people live on oahu i haven't checked but it's closer to 2 million. I am native from oahu and so is my family our family is half hawaiian and the other half came in the migrant days. 1800's. I really miss my home and am homesick but i just couldn't afford to live there anymore. If you want to move there go checkout the honolulu advertiser.com so you can read and see how it is. the rents, homes for sale. man i love my home but now i guess if us islanders in florida can get enough people to want the goods we could have hawaiian sun shipped here, eh maybe even start an L&L or loco moco. Like they did in Vegas. Don't move there please!
That is what i miss the most. THE FOOD! I know mainlanders don't really understand or even like or plate lunch food. You know they laughed when i asked for a portuguesse platter at mcdonalds.
But for all you locals out there florida feels like hawaii because there is so many people here from so many other places. I just had to learn to drive crazier!! And not be friendly! to many da kine sexual predators you know.
So when tutu comes i gotta tell her no talk to everybody. (you know it's da portuguesse side) lol ! all of us islanders know about that joke
Anyway i miss home a lot. so sorry i blogged so long.
If anyone has questions about hawaii ask me
Or if you locals want to move I'll give you the truth about this place
Kay den
mahalos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2007, 12:06 PM

185 posts, read 746,153 times
What part of Fl. did you move to?

Old 01-14-2007, 07:32 PM

5 posts, read 24,824 times
Smile moving to Puna

You said you did not see Puna on a map. The reason is, Puna is not a city, but a district. The major towns in Puna are; Kea'au, Pahoa, Kurtistown and Volcano. Puna is just outside Hilo.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:14 PM

5 posts, read 24,824 times
Default Puna mistake

I just answered a post from someone moving to Florida. I thought I was answering a post asking where Puna is. Sorry, I answered the wrong post.

Old 01-16-2007, 07:14 AM

1 posts, read 5,921 times
Default I miss Hawaii soooo badly!!

My family relocated her to FL a couple years ago and I miss Hawaii soo badly. I want to get a Hawaiian group together especially to celebrate Kam Day and show these Haoleis how to really Pa'ina!! ha! I'm so homesick it's not funny!!

Old 01-19-2007, 11:30 PM

3 posts, read 16,865 times
nanirican808, What part of Florida did you move to?

It's so funny what you just said, Cause I just when go look if had one L&L in Florida. Too bad no more, yeah!

We are planning to move to Spring Hill, Florida by the end of this coming March. Main reason being that I was born and raised here in Kona, Hawaii & there are just no opportunities here. With the crazy home prices & the lack of affordable housing there is no way we'd ever be able to buy a house.

Anyway~ Let me know if you know of any good places with "local-kine" grinds over there!

Old 01-23-2007, 01:13 AM

259 posts, read 1,918,138 times
WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT FLORIDA!! WE'RE GETTING READY TO ESCAPE THE MADNESS ON OAHU TOO..WE'RE ALSO THINKING OF TX..IT'S NICE TO HEAR YOUR STORY AS THE WORDS COULD HAVE COME STRAIGHT FROM MY MOUTH!!

Old 01-23-2007, 11:56 AM

1 posts, read 5,913 times
I'm not looking for an argument, but I really must ask this.

Why are you trying to turn Florida into Hawaii? How do you think the native Floridian's will feel about that? Yes, I agree that Florida is diverse, but to try to make it into Hawaii because you can't afford to live in your own state??

By ganging together and getting more "Hawaii" in Florida, aren't you going to be doing the exact same thing that was done to YOUR state? The very thing most Hawaiian people complain about?

Sorry, but these posts remind me of the complaints about Californians moving to other states and trying to make them into another California.

Old 01-24-2007, 11:26 AM

19 posts, read 48,659 times
Rather Florida turn into Hawaii than New York oops too late for that one, God I can't wait to move outta Florida...I was born and raised in Orlando for all of my 25 years of existance on this planet, but this place has taken a huge dive. Everyone is just angry and aggressive here all the time. I wish more Hawaiiners would have come to Florida instead atleast that way it would be more laid back like it's supposed to be.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:40 AM

275 posts, read 1,124,978 times
Well, I was born and raised in Kaneohe till I was 10 (1973), still miss it.
I have been living in MS since 79. and spring breaking to Fl. since 80.
(I miss the Fishing!), now it looks like I am moving to TN.
What does this have to do with the post?
Nothing, but I wanted to chime in.....
oh yeah, one other guy I know on the coast is from HI.
-small world huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii