Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 01:58 PM

35 posts, read 73,653 times

Advertisements

FOR the green card part my parents have been here for 5 years they ere in demend . We are at one year from getting it.. as they get it i will get it also at the same thing. I am not here as a foreign student. We have been settle here because of work my stepdad got. .. is it me or all what you are doing is stopping me from comming? I mean its nit cool that you try to blow my dream at least dont say anything and let stupid people encouraging me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 02:04 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,816,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nastagol View Post
I mean its nit cool that you try to blow my dream at least dont say anything and let stupid people encouraging me
Ok, this is REALLY funny!!!
You heard him. Stupid people, line up and get to work!
LOL!!!!!!

Old 03-18-2013, 02:17 PM

35 posts, read 73,653 times
I am done here... But i just want to say that i will do it . In anyways i need . Either if i will be 70 years old or 20.i dont know if i have facing racist here or b/c i am young as i have seen on some other thread about a guy of 20 years old that seemed to have the same problem with some people saying he was trolling. Or i dont know.. which get his thread completly useless. I know that it wasnt the place to post for that. And i apoligize fir that. So now i am retiring from this thread. Thanks for the help if anyone actualy did.

Old 12-30-2013, 02:15 PM

3 posts, read 4,460 times
so my kids and I are looking to start life over in HI. Moving from North Texas, We don't know which Island yet. My youngest, 15 ,and I think Lanai. My oldest, 23, thinks Oahu. Help us make a decision please!!!

Old 12-30-2013, 03:27 PM

5,528 posts, read 12,674,120 times
Why have you decided to move to Hawaii?
How much research have you done on this forum or through other sources?
What do you know about living on Lana'i, especially schools? Or do you plan to homeschool?
Do you hope to find a job?
What does your 23 year old plan to do in Hawaii?

Old 01-02-2014, 09:30 AM

80 posts, read 194,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelle2014 View Post
so my kids and I are looking to start life over in HI. Moving from North Texas, We don't know which Island yet. My youngest, 15 ,and I think Lanai. My oldest, 23, thinks Oahu. Help us make a decision please!!!
Why Lanai??

Why Oahu?

Have you ever been there? It's very different. I am sure you will get bored fast unless it matches your personality.

Old 01-16-2014, 05:29 PM

287 posts, read 1,372,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
Ok, this is REALLY funny!!!
You heard him. Stupid people, line up and get to work!
LOL!!!!!!

You Know McFrosty...even though it's a couple of years later...I always go back to this last comments and it makes me smile!!!

Old 01-17-2014, 09:20 AM
Due

245 posts, read 380,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelle2014 View Post
We are originally from Texas so ya'll listen up. With due respect, you need to do much more research and spend real time (and money) on the islands before making a decision to move and where to live.

My wife and I went to 4 islands before deciding we liked the Big Island: then stayed in different areas of the Big Island before deciding where to buy. This process took 20+ years.
We went through 6 real estate contracts in about 2 years before buying. The move itself is a daunting process.

You can't have it just "because you want it". It takes a significant amount of time and money!

Old 06-18-2014, 11:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,752 times
Default Moving to Hawaii

I moved to Oahu almost a year ago. I had to to help my daughter who is in the military. Trying to find a job was excruciating! Everyone hires through these temporary services and they make you take "Prove it" tests
before they will even see you. Then you have deal with the racism that they pretend doesn't exist. They really don't like us here because they feel we hurt their economy. I had my vehicle shipped which cost me 2000 and then another 500 to have it tagged. It takes an hour to get anywhere because the traffic is horrible! The gas prices are 4.30 and they get higher during tourist season. I am lucky because I live with my daughter, but I saw apartments and what they cost. A small apartment in rural areas start at 1200 and they don't have ac and that is a 2 bd/ 1 bath. It is even higher in Honolulu.
It is beautiful here and there are nice people here. But my opinion is if you want to move, then I would put everything in storage and move here for 6 months and see what you think before you pay all that money and move here and end up disliking it. There is a bus line that will take you everywhere you need to go.
There are lots of bugs and rats, not mice here. Mosquitos that are plentiful and roaches that are huge.
I was not trying to be negative, but my experience here as a resident and not a tourist has not been what I thought it would be and I hear this from lots of people who move here. I can't wait for our 3 yrs to be up!

Old 06-19-2014, 12:18 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully8784 View Post
Trying to find a job was excruciating! Everyone hires through these temporary services and they make you take "Prove it" tests
before they will even see you. Then you have deal with the racism that they pretend doesn't exist. They really don't like us here because they feel we hurt their economy.
Who is "us"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii