Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 10:23 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,501,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailSymbolizes View Post
Sodium intake, and/or limits (article above), may not be news, or of big concern any longer (for many/most).....

Salt intake physiologically set in humans, new study finds :: UC Davis News & Information
'Don’t toss your saltshaker out just yet. A new study led by scientists affiliated with the University of California, Davis, adds further credence to the notion that concern about the amount of salt you consume may be misplaced.'

'The study reported an average intake of sodium of approximately 3,650 mg per day and a normal range of 2,600 to 4,800 mg per day.'

“This analysis defines the normal range and mean value for sodium intake in humans and documents that the range has not changed during five decades, nor has it been influenced by ethnicity or the unique dietary practices of various cultures around the world,” McCarron said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 10:27 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,426,693 times
My dokter told me I eat too much salt but I said whatever its all natural and organic he didnt like that and now I need a new dokter.

In later news the sky is blue.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:55 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times
If I had a doctor either cite the BMI (junk scale) or talk about salt I would find a new doctor, too.

Old 05-21-2015, 03:08 PM

273 posts, read 211,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
If I had a doctor either cite the BMI (junk scale) or talk about salt I would find a new doctor, too.
I agree. If my doctor just said don't take salt and didn't tell me why then I would be done with him. It seems the medical world is now leaning towards some salt being ok. I guess the old timers out there want to keep promoting old practices. This is the problem with older doctors that don't keep up with the times and training.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:07 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
My dokter told me I eat too much salt but I said whatever its all natural and organic he didnt like that and now I need a new dokter.

In later news the sky is blue.
Organic sugar cane is organic, and natural, but you shouldn't eat a lot of it because - regardless of its origins, it's not healthy to eat a lot of it.

There are millions of natural organic substances that you shouldn't eat a lot of. If you are eating too much salt, then you're eating too much salt. And by salt, I mean sodium, which isn't necessarily the stuff that comes out of a Morton's container. There are lots of foods that are natural and organic and contain - naturally and organically - high amounts of sodium. If you eat too much of those foods even if you don't add a pinch of salt to anything for a whole week, you will be eating too much salt.

In other news, kentucky blue grass is actually green.

Old 05-22-2015, 07:20 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,691,622 times
I am someone who takes in to much salt! Im aware of it and been trying to limit it. I no longer salt food, unless its unsalted then add a bit for flavor. I use to salt food that were salted already, popcorn and fries. My dad cut back a lot on his intake. He uses a no salt, salt now for seasoning. I mostly make from scratch meals which makes a big difference as well.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:53 AM

273 posts, read 211,356 times
Eating more salt doesn't necessarily equate to adding more salt to your diet. It is all an adrenal/kidney issue in how much salt we retain. Some people can add salt to their diet in vast amounts and still suffer from not having enough sodium. This is because hormones control salt retention.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:17 PM

277 posts, read 519,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibsonplayer View Post
Eating more salt doesn't necessarily equate to adding more salt to your diet. It is all an adrenal/kidney issue in how much salt we retain. Some people can add salt to their diet in vast amounts and still suffer from not having enough sodium. This is because hormones control salt retention.
Also diuretics do that too - I've been on high-blood pressure meds plus diuretics for over 15 years and my sodium level is always below what is 'normal' ... but then I also hate the taste of salt for some reason and don't use it at all ... have been trying to use it more but it makes me want to throw up

Old 05-25-2015, 04:13 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
fatty liver reversed on a low carb diet. 30% of americans have non alcoholic fatty liver disease because of their carb addiction.

Lower carb diet and Fatty Liver Gone | Diabetes Forum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness