Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 07:41 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Right, sometimes I wonder if people get a cold after having the flu shot and then get all "see, it doesn't work."

The last time I had the flu was right after college, and I remember feeling like death. Your skin hurts, you're simultaneously too hot and too cold, you can barely get up or bathe or eat. I'll get the shot every year, because I never want to feel like that again.
Bathe? I crawled to the bathroom on my hands and knees because I couldn't walk there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 07:44 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
I was afraid of catching the flu with the shot also. I got the shot anyway. No problem. I am usually the first one to catch the flu. Glad I got it this year. Nothing worse than the flu.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:40 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,262,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Right, sometimes I wonder if people get a cold after having the flu shot and then get all "see, it doesn't work."

The last time I had the flu was right after college, and I remember feeling like death. Your skin hurts, you're simultaneously too hot and too cold, you can barely get up or bathe or eat. I'll get the shot every year, because I never want to feel like that again.
Agree with this. If you really have influenza there is no mistaking it for a bad cold.

I get the vaccine at work. Sometimes it hurts sometimes it's no problem. I take aspirin about 45 prior to any vaccine.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Bathe? I crawled to the bathroom on my hands and knees because I couldn't walk there.
Some kids will wet the bed because it's too difficult to get up to go to the bathroom.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Some kids will wet the bed because it's too difficult to get up to go to the bathroom.
No doubt. As an adult, I felt as though I should at least try to get there. I made it. I drank from the faucet because I couldn't carry a glass.

I think that's the only time I've had flu. I've been very ill a few other times, but it was something else.

None of my grandparents or their siblings died during the 1918 pandemic. I think they were just in the right place at the right time.

Old 02-17-2017, 03:49 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I had no soreness after the vaccine this year. Last year I had a good bit.

Some flu vaccines are designed to be given into the skin, not the muscle. The needle used is tiny. You may not even feel it. Not every injection will cause even a little bit of bleeding. As mentioned above, if the person who is giving the injection is good, it will be done in a literal blink of an eye.

OP, the fact that you were trying to observe the injection using your "side-vision" suggests you were anticipating she would do something wrong. If you want to watch, just watch.

I highly doubt you were given a "pantomime shot".
Sorry I did not respond sooner. It is very possible the OP had one of these: Fluzone® Intradermal Quadrivalent (Influenza Vaccine). The intradermal 'shot's' barely breaks the skin. It is one of the products that the company offers that I work for.

By the way; many doctor's offices have all of our information available online. If that is the case with the OP they could simply go online and 'see' exactly what vaccine they were given. It should state if they were given the intradermal Fluzone or not.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:22 AM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post

I don't blame them. I don't think I bathed at all the first week.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-18-2017, 05:29 PM

2,154 posts, read 3,592,511 times
I did NOT get a flu shot and did NOT get the flu.
Happens every year.

Old 02-18-2017, 09:02 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,306,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don in Austin View Post
Happens every year.
And your point is?

Old 02-18-2017, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don in Austin View Post
Happens every year.
That's happened to me nearly every year of my life! Are we related?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness