Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 01:54 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,255,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
A lot of chiropractors take nutritional approaches. There is a lot of good online stuff out there as well.

I would start with basic electrolytes like calcium, magnesium ,potassium and sodium.

And you may be over training....

I have the most trouble not getting enough sodium. I am usually reminded if a drink a little water and still end up thirsty. If you typically don't eat much processed food you are most likely to be deficient. It used to be a big problem. recall "worth your salt".

chiropractor? low on sodium? never heard of that being an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 01:55 PM

3,508 posts, read 767,005 times
i have been at both extremes of thyroid issues ( hyper and hypo ) and medicines solved most symptoms .. my thyroid is totally dead now and i`m on synthroid for the rest of my life but what i have recently found to be a/the cause of my morning tiredness has been my eating habit .. when i diet i make a great effort not to eat after 3 pm .. dont go to bed on a full stomach .. i find that when i do that i wake up much more refreshed ..humans eat way more than they need to survive .. check your eating habits and adjust if need be and see what gives ... works for me anyway ...

Old 04-25-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
i have been at both extremes of thyroid issues ( hyper and hypo ) and medicines solved most symptoms .. my thyroid is totally dead now and i`m on synthroid for the rest of my life but what i have recently found to be a/the cause of my morning tiredness has been my eating habit .. when i diet i make a great effort not to eat after 3 pm .. dont go to bed on a full stomach .. i find that when i do that i wake up much more refreshed ..humans eat way more than they need to survive .. check your eating habits and adjust if need be and see what gives ... works for me anyway ...
i feel like my diet is in check though. i usually have eggs with avacado or oatmeal with a banana for breakfast. For lunch i either have a green salad with plain chicken breast and some veggies or maybe a turkey sandwhich. snacks are usually nuts, rice cakes, greek yogurt. dinner majority of the time is a meat with a side of veggies. then i sprinkle in maybe once a week getting something quick - like maybe once a week i get pizza for dinner or something. the only things i drink are a coffee in the morning with breakfast and water - no soda or fizzy drinks, or iced teas/sugary drinks. i also eat a lot of the same things everyday. if i had to guess i probably average 1800 calories a day.

i really appreciate your input and i know you mean well of course, but i'm tired of people telling me to check my diet. my diet is in check. i eat better than the average person so i don't know how it could be my diet.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:03 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bell235 View Post
chiropractor? low on sodium? never heard of that being an issue.

There is little sodium in whole foods. If you exercise regularly , sweat and eat very few processed foods , it could be your problem. This time of year I get a lot of potassium , magnesium and calcium rich foods. If I forget a good salt source I end up with headaches and lack of energy. ...Had it happen this year already.

Low Blood Sodium (Hyponatremia)

its worth a try. If you find something salty delicious I'd give it a 90% probability. if you feel better in 15 minutes, bingo. The next thing I would ask is do you crave anything? if you must have chocolate, then magnesium. Then try potato to see if potassium helps etc.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
i feel like my diet is in check though. i usually have eggs with avacado or oatmeal with a banana for breakfast. For lunch i either have a green salad with plain chicken breast and some veggies or maybe a turkey sandwhich. snacks are usually nuts, rice cakes, greek yogurt. dinner majority of the time is a meat with a side of veggies. then i sprinkle in maybe once a week getting something quick - like maybe once a week i get pizza for dinner or something. the only things i drink are a coffee in the morning with breakfast and water - no soda or fizzy drinks, or iced teas/sugary drinks. i also eat a lot of the same things everyday. if i had to guess i probably average 1800 calories a day.

i really appreciate your input and i know you mean well of course, but i'm tired of people telling me to check my diet. my diet is in check. i eat better than the average person so i don't know how it could be my diet.

You can still wind up with single mineral deficiency, especially if you eat the same thing every day. Unless those nuts are salty, I am not seeing much salt. Also low stomach acid will make the diet immaterial. You will not absorb it. That would be not enough salt as well. if the electrolytes don't do it then adding acid to your food is a good thing to try. If the thought of lemon juice sounds good...

And I almost forgot ...food allergies is a possibility.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:18 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,764,479 times
A couple other things to think about Iron and Ferritin levels. We women lose so much blood during our lifetime. Anemia?

There is a lot of info on the net about sea salt dosing.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
A couple other things to think about Iron and Ferritin levels. We women lose so much blood during our lifetime. Anemia?

There is a lot of info on the net about sea salt dosing.
Oats have a lot of iron and so do nuts.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Oats have a lot of iron and so do nuts.
i'm pretty sure iron was included in my blood tests where my doctor said everything was fine. i will have to check my chart for it.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:33 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,971,317 times
Quote:
I exercise 4-5 times per week
What does your workout look like? Strength training, cardio, Pilates, yoga? Generally 5 times a week is a lot and doesn't give your body time to rest and recover.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:35 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,761,987 times
Consult with a sleep disorders center, they'll do a sleep study. Sleep apnea is not the only disorder they treat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness