Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 03:50 PM

711 posts, read 688,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell235 View Post
Hmm gut is a good thought. My acne med is a cream so i doubt thats affecting me. Ive been tested for celiac and came back negative and the ibs is constipation which i am somewhat managaing. I dont know what else i could look into for a gut issue maybe i can mention it to my dr tho?
Argh. Constipation is a symptom of hypothyroid as well.

One of the problems with thyroid it seems that is many people seem to operate on the assumption that if you don't have a problem with weight then the thyroid is "fine". Like so many illnesses, not everyone displays every symptom.

Last edited by NextStage; 04-25-2017 at 04:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 04:10 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
she did the t3 when i asked for it. here are my complete results:

TSH - 2.430 u[iU]/mL
T3 - 270 pg/dl
Thyroxine, serum, free - 1.15 ng/dl

i think those are all normal so i feel as though hypothyroid is not the cause i really was convinced that's what it was but now i don't after seeing my blood test results.

i *DID* however get my whole entire chart history from my doctor including lab results. the TSH hovers around 2.0 every test except for one time it was 4.000 u[iu]/mL but that was back in 2015.

i just don't know what to do - do i go back and like demand that she treat me for hypothyroid despite my test results since i read that some dr's treat it when tsh is at 2.0??

Give us a list of everything you eat.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:14 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
It could be so many things and I'm tired when I wake up but I sleep long hrs now since my return from my health condition. And I'm OLDER, much so.

Could be low cortisol, I was given the Hashi dx yrs ago and Dr. David Williams talks about balancing your thyroid hormones with just a drop per day of Iosol Iodine. I take the Iodine daily for breast health and more but that's another topic.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:21 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,254,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Give us a list of everything you eat.
I listed an average day in a prior post

Eggs
Oatmeal
Avacado
Nuts
Bananas
Blueberries
Bananas
Chicken
Ground beef
Pork
Fish
Assortment of veggies that are low fod map
Leafy greens
Whey protein
Rice cakes
Greek yogurt

Old 04-25-2017, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextStage View Post
Argh. Constipation is a symptom of hypothyroid as well.

One of the problems with thyroid it seems that is many people seem to operate on the assumption that if you don't have a problem with weight then the thyroid is "fine". Like so many illnesses, not everyone displays every symptom.

[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]
Im thinking of going to an endo to rule it out. Guess ot doesnt hurt right?

Old 04-25-2017, 04:38 PM

711 posts, read 688,515 times
Quote:
Im thinking of going to an endo to rule it out. Guess ot doesnt hurt right?
Yep - I think and endo would be an excellent next step. I should have mentioned that earlier!

I'm certainly not a Doctor....but everything you've said thus far says thyroid to me. Unfortunately, many of symptoms of a wide range of problems. IMO though, the bottom line is a person at your age and with your diet and activity level should NOT be constantly exhausted!

Re: the sleep issue though...keep that one in your back pocket as something else to take a closer look at. I wear a fitness tracker. I'm not a workout person - but it helps me keep track of what I am (or am NOT) doing each day. The tracker is also a sleep tracker and I've found that many nights that I'm in bed and "sleeping" for 7-8 hours, I'm actually getting far less restful sleep. It's not really problematic because it doesn't happen every night but there are some nights I'm actually "sleeping" 3.5 hours even though I'm in bed and feel like I'm sleeping for much longer. It isn't a highly scientific measurement but on the days I'm sluggish I certainly know why!

Old 04-25-2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextStage View Post
Yep - I think and endo would be an excellent next step. I should have mentioned that earlier!

I'm certainly not a Doctor....but everything you've said thus far says thyroid to me. Unfortunately, many of symptoms of a wide range of problems. IMO though, the bottom line is a person at your age and with your diet and activity level should NOT be constantly exhausted!

Re: the sleep issue though...keep that one in your back pocket as something else to take a closer look at. I wear a fitness tracker. I'm not a workout person - but it helps me keep track of what I am (or am NOT) doing each day. The tracker is also a sleep tracker and I've found that many nights that I'm in bed and "sleeping" for 7-8 hours, I'm actually getting far less restful sleep. It's not really problematic because it doesn't happen every night but there are some nights I'm actually "sleeping" 3.5 hours even though I'm in bed and feel like I'm sleeping for much longer. It isn't a highly scientific measurement but on the days I'm sluggish I certainly know why!
I totally agree. I was wondering if it could be that something is preventing me from getting enough REM sleep or the "good" deep sleep. But i think there are a few other symptoms that suggest a slight possibility of a thyroid issue. So i think sleep test will be my second step after endo. And possibly gut issue third.

Thank you guys for the responses.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:17 PM

7,890 posts, read 11,410,931 times
Sounds like either chronic fatigue, Lupus or fibromyalgia. Wife has these and had your symptoms early on and did not present other evidence of illness and these were not easy to diagnose then and perhaps now too

Old 04-25-2017, 07:31 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,578,668 times
You may be iron deficient, especially if you don't eat very much red meat. Iron supplements can take a while to build up your blood, and they can cause constipation, but they may give you a boost!

Old 04-25-2017, 08:49 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,503,710 times
How can you rule out sleep apnea? You don't have to be overweight to have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness