Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2020, 07:46 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,586,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I've known a couple of women who needed to have their implants removed, because of painful complications. What was left of their natural breasts was badly distorted. I know they wished they'd never had it done.

Oh no....sorry you know a couple that had problems. Did they see the same doctor? What complications did each one of them have??? E d i t: Success stories are about 80% to 20%...........it's "bad luck" or "bad research".... or not having MRIs..... that you know more than one IMO.........

Last edited by TashaPosh; 01-02-2020 at 08:12 AM..

Old 01-02-2020, 09:28 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,104,796 times
Mastectomy implants are very different than implants behind "regular" breasts as there is no breast tissue left with a mastectomy so it's ALL implant.

Old 01-02-2020, 10:41 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,164,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
You're not kidding. Many women have issues due to implants but they don't realize that it's due to them.

I saw the episode of Beverley Hills Housewives where Yolanda Hadid had her removed. One had exploded 10 years before, apparently all of the silicon wasn't removed. They were removing it from her sides and some had floated near her back.

I'm glad some here have no issues. I do believe that some people's bodies do not do well with foreign objects. I'm one of them. My body doesn't like my spine fusion
Totally agree, Roselvr! It is a foreign object, the body tends to fight against them and all kinds of bad things happen. I don't know why women would say yes to an elective surgery that has such risks and complications. You go to the bra section in the store and there are all these bras that are supposed to enhance the figure, having smaller breasts is actually more fashionable and clothes look better. I recently read about an 18 year old girl who saved up her money for breast enlargement, her mother even took her to the place. The surgery was supposed to take only two hours, I think and it stretched to six, and the mother was asking the nurses how it was going, and they said she was doing fine. She actually went into a coma before the surgery began and she is still in a coma. The family is suing the doctor and staff for delaying calling for an ambulance. They think it has something to do with anesthesia. Why a young girl should take that risk with an elective surgery, I don't know. Why her mother would be okay with that, I don't know, but what could she do? The girl was an adult.

Old 01-02-2020, 10:43 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Do you worry about them bursting under pressure of a mammogram? Are there any warnings about that?
You have to sign a waiver in case they burst. However, the lady said none ever actually did.

Old 01-02-2020, 10:44 AM

Breast implants need to be replaced every ten years, so women have to go back and go under anesthesia and also have their bodies go through an invasive surgery.

Old 01-02-2020, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
You have to sign a waiver in case they burst. However, the lady said none ever actually did.
Yes, and sometimes they burst open, I think that happened to a celebrity.

Old 01-02-2020, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
IMHO there's no such thing as a success story...implants scream insecurity! Huge red flag!
Total BS. Insecure and possibly bullied women are gaining alot of confidence by turning their body into the one they want. They are walking more straight and proud compared to the ones who hate their body.

Old 01-02-2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
Breast implants need to be replaced every ten years, so women have to go back and go under anesthesia and also have their bodies go through an invasive surgery.
Says who?

Old 01-02-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Says who?
It is a common belief that they need to be changed out every ten years especially the saline ones, but they did say not all have to go through the procedure if there are no problems, but why run the risk? I hate the thought of going under to have even a life preserving procedure, and I hope I never have to face that, but definitely not for something like this. I hate that society dictates what is supposed to be "beautiful".

Old 01-02-2020, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Yes, 650cc sounds very big to me.. I think that's why they make you feel uncomfortable. I probably won't go bigger than 400cc. Have you had any symptoms of breast implant illness? I've heard so many stories about it on YouTube and that was one of the main reasons I was holding back on having the surgery..
I think the immune system goes haywire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness