Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 01:34 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,692,815 times

Advertisements

We are a couple up in yrs, caretakers of an even older relative at home under Vitas Home Care (She's 95 yrs Old) . We have been doinn' this for 3 yrs, so the confinement has been with us for quite a long time, we have time to do things close by home 3 hrs on Mondays and Wednesdays and 4hr on Fridays, as Medicare/Medicaid sends us a companion to stay home for us those days.

Last Friday the 22nd was the first time since March 5 that we were able to go out and have lunch at a nearby Pub favorite of ours...We were thrilled..inside eating..quiet and sublime and seen old friends in the Owners, employees and other customers we recognized it was like Christmas Day when we were Kids.

Not a problem for us, next Friday, weather permitting it will be The Outback, I have a $50.00 Gift Card since also early March, and now that their inside dining is working..Off we will go.

Gotta venture Out, carefully but certain that if you follow rules nothing will happen to us, and you people for that matter.

Greetings

Old 05-25-2020, 01:38 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
The science right now shows that being inside with large groups is a much greater risk of spreading the virus. Ventilation will spread it from table to table, more then 6 feet. You don't know who has a virus or not around you. Now we know just talking spreads oral droplets in the air for up to 14 minutes.

Remember the church choir practice when someone spread covid? 52 got sick. TWO DIED.
No we do not know that: no one really knows much of anything at this time. It is just an educated guess. Even the CDC, Dr Binx and others are recommending spending time outside, whether reading, gardening or eating. The only rules that still apply are: use common sense. Common sense does not say, lock yourself up for maybe a year or more.

Old 05-25-2020, 01:58 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,537,039 times
We're going to wait a little while and let the restaurants work all the kinks out of the new rules and get the hang of it before we think about eating out.

Old 05-25-2020, 02:01 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,976,739 times
The only way I would go out to eat would be on the deck at one of the bayside restaurants, certainly not indoors. Even then, I probably wouldn't actually do it because I wouldn't want to walk through the restaurant to get outside on the deck.

Drive-up food places, sure. We support local businesses that way.

Old 05-25-2020, 02:18 PM

14,945 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
We are a couple up in yrs, caretakers of an even older relative at home under Vitas Home Care (She's 95 yrs Old) . We have been doinn' this for 3 yrs, so the confinement has been with us for quite a long time, we have time to do things close by home 3 hrs on Mondays and Wednesdays and 4hr on Fridays, as Medicare/Medicaid sends us a companion to stay home for us those days.

Last Friday the 22nd was the first time since March 5 that we were able to go out and have lunch at a nearby Pub favorite of ours...We were thrilled..inside eating..quiet and sublime and seen old friends in the Owners, employees and other customers we recognized it was like Christmas Day when we were Kids.

Not a problem for us, next Friday, weather permitting it will be The Outback, I have a $50.00 Gift Card since also early March, and now that their inside dining is working..Off we will go.

Gotta venture Out, carefully but certain that if you follow rules nothing will happen to us, and you people for that matter.

Greetings

Hope you have a great time there!

Old 05-25-2020, 02:23 PM

14,945 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
The only way I would go out to eat would be on the deck at one of the bayside restaurants, certainly not indoors. Even then, I probably wouldn't actually do it because I wouldn't want to walk through the restaurant to get outside on the deck.

Drive-up food places, sure. We support local businesses that way.

I know I'd also enjoy eating outside on the deck of a bayside restaurant, where it's not as hot and humid as it is in our neck of the woods.

I'm sure your local restaurant owners/staff are happy to see you, whether it's an inside/outside dine-in, or it's take out. You're supporting them either way.

Old 05-25-2020, 05:59 PM

161 posts, read 83,123 times
We rarely go to restaurants. I cook every night or every other night.

Old 05-25-2020, 06:05 PM

161 posts, read 83,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post

Greetings
Totally irresponsible

Old 05-25-2020, 06:16 PM

6,114 posts, read 4,606,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
Under 65 and you're at pretty low risk and doing a public service by socializing and getting exposed--- the epidemic won't end until 80%+ have been exposed and their infections resolved., making it safe for us oldfarts.
That's a dangerous way to look at this. The exposure needs to come from an effective vaccine, not playing games of chance with one's own and others' health and life.

Old 05-25-2020, 06:23 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times
The virus is still out there.

People are still getting sick and dying!

There is no way in Hell that I am going to start mixing with people until a vaccine, or cure, is developed

You'd have to be nuts to mix in public at this time, it's too early in the progression of this disease
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness