Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 04:39 PM

2,140 posts, read 1,208,096 times

Advertisements

How to handle waitress without mask ??? grab her by the ***** !!!

Old 10-22-2020, 04:43 PM

16,412 posts, read 8,198,277 times
I saw an ice cream parlor not to far me is closing because some of the employees were not wearing masks and people complained about them. Apparently they'd followed all the rules except the mask one due to medical issues. The owner said they simply couldnt all wear masks all the time due to asthma and other issues (also very hot this summer) so they made the decision to close. Sad. I imagine they must have been thinking of closing anyways. Seems odd to close over the mask policy.

Old 10-22-2020, 04:48 PM

10,309 posts, read 6,842,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Just had a lunch out while traveling and the waitress came up to the table with no mask.
I asked if they weren't wearing masks there. She said she had a Dr note that she did not have to wear a mask.

How would you handle that?
For the record I was not comfortable having her that close, chatting and no mask.
I had mine off because that has been my counties recommendation, masks until you reach the table
and then off while you eat..
Walk in wearing a full face motorcycle helmet, with the face shield down. (This may reduce you getting infected thru your eyes, too!)
If the server doen't want to wear a mask, offer them a ride on your HOG. Take them on the freeway for 30-40 miles. I guarantee, this'll work... especially if it's cold/snowy outside. (Altho rain/hail hurts the most.)

Old 10-22-2020, 04:58 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Why is it so hard for you to wear a mask?
Who ??

Old 10-22-2020, 05:20 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Do you think that those masks form an air-tight seal on their face, or do you suppose that when they exhale, some of the air comes out around the edges? If you're going to be paranoid about things, you would probably be better off to just stay home. The whole world is not going to do everything the way you want them to.

And even if they do wear masks, that's far from a sure thing in stopping the spread of the virus. There are many people (some are medical professionals) who say that an ordinary cloth mask is only slightly better than wearing nothing at all. It's kind of like putting up a chain link fence to keep mosquitoes out. It doesn't work very well when you really analyze things closely.

Oh, and do you know everywhere your family members have been all the time, every day, and who they might have been exposed to? They may have been exposed without even knowing about it, and by the time they realize they've been infected, they've already exposed you too. If you want to find things to worry about, you don't have to look beyond your own family.
The goal is to decrease your chances of catching it. Masks to that. From what I have read cloth masks cut the risk about 10% on up to 95% for the N95. Most people wear the wrong mask. There should be better education coming out from the government instructing people on which masks to wear. But they just say wear a mask. This woman could have worn a face shield.

Personally I would have left the restaurant. But I have not eaten in a indoor restaurant since March. Everything is to go.

Old 10-22-2020, 05:23 PM

130,332 posts, read 12,105,905 times
If it really bothers you, ask for a different server. Or stay home & cook.

Old 10-22-2020, 05:33 PM

5,995 posts, read 3,731,946 times
Quote:
No, I want everyone to wear a mask so we can protect each other and flatten the curve of the virus so we can finally open back up. You are still the selfish one.
The curve WAS flattened... about 6 months ago. That's why we're still dealing with this crap today instead of having it mostly behind us.

Old 10-22-2020, 05:42 PM

3,124 posts, read 2,069,617 times
Quote:
You are still the selfish one.
Your conclusion is irrational since I am not the one running around without a mask or even complaining about it ...NOR am I selfishly demanding that everyone wear a mask for my personal benefit when I could easily stay at home to protect myself.

Old 10-22-2020, 05:43 PM

3,124 posts, read 2,069,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
The curve WAS flattened... about 6 months ago. That's why we're still dealing with this crap today instead of having it mostly behind us.
Yep, it was flattened back in July, if not earlier.

Old 10-22-2020, 05:59 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Because they expect the rules/policies to be followed. There are actually very few legitimate reasons not to wear a mask. Perhaps the waitress should be reassigned to a different job that doesn't require close contact with customers.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-guidance.html
Exactly. Why should I have to stay in my house? Just follow the damn pandemic guidelines WTH.

I wear a mask, social distance, and practice good hygiene so that, among other things, our businesses can remain open!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness