Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 12:27 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,145,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
When I was at the doctor's office last week I asked the nurse if I had to keep my mask on in the exam room (only because I didn't have to wear one in my room during my recent hospital stay). She said I could take it off because she was double masked.
On the opposite side, at my most recent doctor's appointment, I was told verbally (and there a huge sign stating) that masks must be worn at all times, including when you were alone in the exam room. I was told that if it was discovered that a patient took their mask off they would have to leave immediately and the doctor would not see them that day. Since this was an appointment that I had made several months in advance, I obviously kept my mask on at all times. BTW, I would have anyway.

Old 10-21-2020, 12:52 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,473,517 times
This debate never ends and probably never will till all of this over.

The choice is clear.

1. Stay and forget about it.
2. Walk out.
3. Ask for another server or move to another table.

Overall the chances are low, but why take a chance?

The waitress didn't appear sick but we all know that there are many asymptomatic cases. What is it, up to 40%?

There are no reported cases of food or water borne transmission. There is, obviously person to person and surface to person transmission.

I would have walked out, just to send a message. She should not be a waitress if she has a "Dr. Note" and can't wear a mask, especially when everyone else is wearing one. Find another job. Once the management sees it as a problem and they are losing money, they will do something about it. Regardless if it's NC, or TX, or OK or other red state. It seems that it's party over everything these days including common sense.

Old 10-21-2020, 12:53 PM

2,578 posts, read 2,069,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I know you have and I understand where your info is coming from but when there are doctors who say some can not or should not wear masks, it is hard to know who to believe.

Please post some of these doctors here so we may see what they have to say.

Old 10-21-2020, 01:01 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,410,753 times
She also may had a medical issue and had a reasonable accommodation for not wearing a mask.

Old 10-21-2020, 01:20 PM

9,853 posts, read 7,724,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
And what should I have done while eating and she came by to bring other things or refill drinks??
Keep putting my mask on & off ??
If you wanted a barrier for those quick close contacts, yes. Or even use your napkin or turn your head.

But I think your risk was low and hope you're not worried!

Old 10-21-2020, 01:28 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodburyWoody View Post
Do you really think I would be stupid to post the names of doctors in our region. Have you ever heard of privacy protection? Of course I am not going to post their names. I can't believe you would even ask such question!!!!!!!

Old 10-21-2020, 02:20 PM

2,578 posts, read 2,069,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodburyWoody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Do you really think I would be stupid to post the names of doctors in our region. Have you ever heard of privacy protection? Of course I am not going to post their names. I can't believe you would even ask such question!!!!!!!

So, you make a claim to counter the posted video of a health professional but now have an excuse to not back your "claim."

Got it. You have nothing.

Old 10-21-2020, 02:56 PM

14,944 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Don't give her a tip chip.
Leave and go elsewhere. That'll learn 'er, durn 'er.

Old 10-21-2020, 03:02 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
Waiters are in high touch zones and can contract and/or spread COVID easier than most. The restaurant manager needs to enforce stricter guidelines for the waitstaff. I would never eat in an establishment that was that cavalier.

Old 10-21-2020, 03:10 PM

724 posts, read 403,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Just had a lunch out while traveling and the waitress came up to the table with no mask.
I asked if they weren't wearing masks there. She said she had a Dr note that she did not have to wear a mask.

How would you handle that?
For the record I was not comfortable having her that close, chatting and no mask.
I had mine off because that has been my counties recommendation, masks until you reach the table
and then off while you eat..
I wouldn't have been comfortable at all with her as a waitress. I would have gotten up and walked away from the table as soon as I saw her approaching with no mask. But all of our risk tolerances are different, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness