Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 12:03 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Vaccinations don't protect everyone, there are vulnerable people who are immune-compromised, as well as people who can't get the vaccine yet (young people) or who have difficulty obtaining it (mobility issues, language barrier, can't afford to take a day off work, etc.). Those people deserve to live.

We should require vaccinations everywhere that we require people to be clothed, for the same reason. You shouldn't be able to step into an elevator and spew deadly viruses all over people any more than you can pee on them. In fact, peeing on strangers would be less dangerous. I really don't understand why you're arguing that vaccination mandates specifically are communism, and not also arguing that our communist dictator government is killing families through bladder infections due to their draconian anti-urination mandates.

Public health is not an individual concern, by definition. You have no human or political right to consent to infect other people.

Like I said, it should be a choice because if it's not, you want me who is vulnerable, immune compromised, who has severe allergic reactions to take a vaccine that could close my throat like the shingles vaccine almost did?

I'm keeping myself safe. So is my daughter and my 8 year old grandson who also have health issues.

We appreciate those that can get vaccinated.

You don't know why anyone who isn't vaccinated doesn't have that vaccine. You're making assumptions that everyone is anti vax.

Old 07-13-2021, 12:07 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Like I said, it should be a choice because if it's not, you want me who is vulnerable, immune compromised, who has severe allergic reactions to take a vaccine that could close my throat like the shingles vaccine almost did?

I'm keeping myself safe. So is my daughter and my 8 year old grandson who also have health issues.

We appreciate those that can get vaccinated.

You don't know why anyone who isn't vaccinated doesn't have that vaccine. You're making assumptions that everyone is anti vax.
No, people are responding to you saying you don't want the government to have info on you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-13-2021, 12:24 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
No, people are responding to you saying you don't want the government to have info on you.

No, that's the other COVID thread in retirement where you just replied to me about that where I didn't want to do the test to get the colonoscopy. I'm debating canceling it.

Frank and I are talking about the vaccine in this thread. He wants it mandated.

Old 07-13-2021, 12:42 PM

2,684 posts, read 2,399,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Do you want:
  1. Another lockdown; or
  2. Virtually mandatory vacinnation?
I prefer the latter.
3. everyone who needs/wants the vax gets it, and everyone moves on with their lives.

Before Covid, 50k Americans died of the flu every year. 600k Americans died from Covid (if you believe the stats). The vax is 95% effective at stopping deaths. Therefore, we can move forward with 30k covid deaths per year (5% of 600k).

Flu deaths and covid deaths are mutually exclusive, too. So reopening won't cause 50k + 30k deaths; many who used to die of flu will die from covid and vice versa.

Honestly, it's just time to move on.

Old 07-13-2021, 01:27 PM

35,048 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
My guess is that with the "closeness" that Winter forces on most people, by sharing interior spaces, it's going to flare up again. Luckily, this Winter, we have a choice to protect ourselves. Those that do decide to be pro active and protect themselves are going to have the best chance at survival. Those that choose otherwise, will have to deal with their choice. They'll get ZERO sympathy from me. (I know some ainti-vaxxers that are looking forward to dying, just to make a point. Whatever that point is, I don't know. But, it's a point, I guess.) Then again, these people have seen A LOT of death during their lives, so they are almost "too comfortable with death."
Exactly how I feel. The spike should be a lot less because a lot of the possible vectors are fully vaccinated.

Old 07-13-2021, 01:32 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Haven't read the whole thread so I may be repeating what others have said but even if cases continue to happen or continue to increase, deaths and hospitalizations continue to trend downward.

It's like it's gotten more contagious but a lot less deadly - and it wasn't massively deadly to begin with to be honest, though it was alarming especially at the start of it.

Old 07-13-2021, 02:49 PM

30,148 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
The vax-rate should be very high.......so in theory, all covid-related problems will
be way down.

At this point anyone can walk into numerous places and get the vaccine on the spot. If half the people do not to bother doing that I don't see that changing this fall. Still lots of states with under 40% vaccination rates. Its going to be with us until people wise up, die off or the vaccine mutates into being harmless.

Old 07-13-2021, 04:49 PM

635 posts, read 784,039 times
The typical winter flu season. Overhyped by the media.

Old 07-13-2021, 05:06 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,233,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
So you would flush ethics down the toilet? It would be unethical to mandate an experimental vaccine. I shouldn't have to tell you the precedent it would set, or the danger in doing so. Can you at least wait for more scientific evidence from this experiment? Let the scientific method complete.
Over 100 million vaccines given isn’t scientific evidence? How long must the world wait?

Old 07-13-2021, 08:15 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
This type of thread exists in Current Events already. If there is any more arguing instead of informative discussion, this will be closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness