Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 05:29 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Most of the most vulnerable people have been vaccinated so we would expect the death rate to be lower in the remaining group that is probably younger and more healthy to begin with.
So the vaccines are apparently working! YAY! Lower death rates, lower hospitalizations, less common in vaccinated folks, milder disease in general - all that sounds like good news to me.

Old 07-14-2021, 06:06 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
So the vaccines are apparently working! YAY! Lower death rates, lower hospitalizations, less common in vaccinated folks, milder disease in general - all that sounds like good news to me.
Hopefully that will continue. Hospitalizations have been rising.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-14-2021, 07:04 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Hopefully that will continue. Hospitalizations have been rising.
As of July 3rd, it looks like the hospitalization rates nationwide were still way down and not increasing:

https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/COVIDNet/COVID19_3.html

Filtering the data by age cohort, there was an increase in the 12-17 age cohort during March and April as Walensky claims BUT the trend in that age cohort has been downward ever since then (from 1.5 per 100K on May 1st to 0.4 per 100K on July 3rd). And overall the hospitalization rates are down across all cohorts -- as is the death rate. This came out in June, just after the peak in the 12-17 cohort:

https://www.usnews.com/news/national...in-adolescents

Are other sources reporting something else?

CDC hospitalization data for the 12-17 cohort:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/181869.../shares/w0xW18

Old 07-14-2021, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
As of July 3rd, it looks like the hospitalization rates nationwide were still way down and not increasing:

https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/COVIDNet/COVID19_3.html

Filtering the data by age cohort, there was an increase in the 12-17 age cohort during March and April as Walensky claims BUT the trend in that age cohort has been downward ever since then (from 1.5 per 100K on May 1st to 0.4 per 100K on July 3rd). And overall the hospitalization rates are down across all cohorts -- as is the death rate. This came out in June, just after the peak in the 12-17 cohort:

https://www.usnews.com/news/national...in-adolescents

Are other sources reporting something else?

CDC hospitalization data for the 12-17 cohort:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/181869.../shares/w0xW18

Using a 14 day average, up 19% as of yesterday.

If you scroll down farther, it gives you the numbers on state basis.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-cases.html

Down from where they were? Yes. On an upward trend? Also yes.

Old 07-14-2021, 09:06 PM

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

New cases have doubled in two weeks. Deaths are up 20%. Not good news. The UK which is our canary in the coal mine. Cases are up from 1900 a day to 36000 a day, where they were weeks ago and deaths have doubled. Israel has gone from 21 cases a day to 600. Deaths are still low. This virus is not going away and appears to be spreading more quickly now even where vaccination rates are high.

Old 07-15-2021, 06:56 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
New cases have doubled in two weeks. Deaths are up 20%. Not good news. The UK which is our canary in the coal mine. Cases are up from 1900 a day to 36000 a day, where they were weeks ago and deaths have doubled. Israel has gone from 21 cases a day to 600. Deaths are still low. This virus is not going away and appears to be spreading more quickly now even where vaccination rates are high.
I didn't say the virus is going away - I don't believe it is. I was talking specifically about what's happening in the US and in Texas where I live.

In the UK, I'm looking at the rolling 7 day averages, and thankfully deaths continue to be nearly flat, as they have been since May, so yay for that. I do believe that some of the newer variants are more contagious - hopefully they are also less lethal. So far it appears that way. So I stand by everything I said, which was this:

Quote:
Lower death rates, lower hospitalizations, less common in vaccinated folks, milder disease in general - all that sounds like good news to me.

Old 07-15-2021, 08:53 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,695,165 times
Who cares? Just keep being healthy - taking your B/C/D, zinc, quercitin, etc. You'll be fine. Turn off the TV news, online news, etc. They're mostly controlled by pharmaceutical corporations. Live life! Be happy!

Old 07-15-2021, 09:17 AM

5,710 posts, read 4,282,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
Who cares? Just keep being healthy - taking your B/C/D, zinc, quercitin, etc. You'll be fine. Turn off the TV news, online news, etc. They're mostly controlled by pharmaceutical corporations. Live life! Be happy!

Lol. The supplement makers only want whats good for you, I suppose?

Old 07-15-2021, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Lol. The supplement makers only want whats good for you, I suppose?
A lot supplement manufacturers are owned by Big Pharma.

Old 07-15-2021, 09:54 AM

5,710 posts, read 4,282,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
A lot supplement manufacturers are owned by Big Pharma.

Right! And there is sometimes little science behind their products.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness