Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 08:20 PM

19,023 posts, read 27,585,087 times

Advertisements

Respiratory diseases, as COVID is a respiratory disease, come in normal waves across the year. If you track any flu wave, it will be exactly the same as COVID wave. So yes, there will be more cases, assigned to COVID this fall and winter. Then, spring time. Then, sun will burn it out. Then, it will come back fall... you get the wave...

Old 07-13-2021, 08:25 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,321,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
cases are already going up again nationwide (I mean the US as a whole). I don't know what it is going to take for people to stop being afraid of the vaccine. Maybe when they get sick or lose someone close to them.

We've been through this before with the 1918 flu, which came back in waves for a couple of years, and they didn't even have a vaccine. Cases up, everyone was cautious; cases down, people relaxed their guard; cases went back up. Lather rinse repeat.

The 2nd year of the circa 1918 flu (I forget what year it started) was worse than the 1st. IIRC, it was much worse. Hopefully, we'll avoid that with covid-19 due to the vaccines, and people staying vigilant. Maybe this time next year, they'll have vaccines that are better than the ones we have now.

A shout out to those scientists working on developing better vaccines/treatments.

Old 07-13-2021, 08:32 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,321,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cats2fish44 View Post
I would prefer the lockdown. Humans are killing this earth and the animals. Best we stay inside.
Effects on the economy need to be take into consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Haven't read the whole thread so I may be repeating what others have said but even if cases continue to happen or continue to increase, deaths and hospitalizations continue to trend downward.

It's like it's gotten more contagious but a lot less deadly - and it wasn't massively deadly to begin with to be honest, though it was alarming especially at the start of it.

Are you including the new delta variant before saying less deadly?

Anyone know whether the delta variant is more deadly? I know it is more contagious.

Old 07-14-2021, 05:47 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post

Are you including the new delta variant before saying less deadly?

Anyone know whether the delta variant is more deadly? I know it is more contagious.
Yep, I am including the various newer variants including the delta variant.

Quote:
In a preliminary analysis, two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine appeared to be about 88% effective against disease and 96% effective against hospitalization with the Delta variant, according to Public Health England.
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2021...-delta-variant

It's the most prevalent strain in the UK and while cases are up, deaths are way, way down:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

Same with Israel, which is averaging 1 death per day over the past 7 days:
https://www.worldometers.info/corona...ountry/israel/

Like other variants, the Delta variant is less deadly AMONG THE VACCINATED POPULATION. If a person isn't vaccinated, all bets are off.

The death rate of the Delta variant is .08 percent. That's pretty low, lower than that of the flu.

Quote:
And while Delta caused a 10 percent rise in daily US cases late last month, COVID hospital admissions actually dropped.
https://nypost.com/2021/07/08/dont-b...ess-dangerous/

Old 07-14-2021, 06:50 AM

5,710 posts, read 4,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Yep, I am including the various newer variants including the delta variant.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2021...-delta-variant

It's the most prevalent strain in the UK and while cases are up, deaths are way, way down:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

Same with Israel, which is averaging 1 death per day over the past 7 days:
https://www.worldometers.info/corona...ountry/israel/

Like other variants, the Delta variant is less deadly AMONG THE VACCINATED POPULATION. If a person isn't vaccinated, all bets are off.

The death rate of the Delta variant is .08 percent. That's pretty low, lower than that of the flu.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/08/dont-b...ess-dangerous/

Most of the most vulnerable people have been vaccinated so we would expect the death rate to be lower in the remaining group that is probably younger and more healthy to begin with.

Old 07-14-2021, 10:17 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
What will Covid-19 be like this coming fall and winter in terms of illness, hospitalizations, and deaths?
Beware October.

Pfizer boosters will appear, followed shortly by Moderna. Slanted reporting will continue disparaging the J&J, to recruit J&J recipients to Pfizer & Moderna. (There are triple the amount of adverse reactions reported for the mrna vaccines than for J&J but you won't get that side of the story.)

By the end of October, deaths will have increased exponentially but that will be temporary, although the virus will continue to be driven to mutate.

Old 07-14-2021, 11:02 AM

5,710 posts, read 4,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Beware October.

Pfizer boosters will appear, followed shortly by Moderna. Slanted reporting will continue disparaging the J&J, to recruit J&J recipients to Pfizer & Moderna. (There are triple the amount of adverse reactions reported for the mrna vaccines than for J&J but you won't get that side of the story.)

By the end of October, deaths will have increased exponentially but that will be temporary, although the virus will continue to be driven to mutate.

Question for cochristi: How many people have received the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines vs Johnson and Johnson?

Old 07-14-2021, 11:46 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
I just caught this in people magazine. I don't know who she is. Too bad the article doesn't say what COVID vaccine she got. She tells everyone to mask, I guess she wasn't when taking care of whoever was sick with what was though as the flu.

Catt Sadler Is Sick with COVID After Getting Fully Vaccinated: 'Delta Is Relentless'

Quote:
Catt Sadler is urging people not to "let your guard down" after she contracted COVID-19 while fully vaccinated against the virus.

The entertainment reporter, 46, said she contracted COVID-19 after caring for an unvaccinated person with the virus whom they initially thought just had the flu.

"I assumed I would be fine," Sadler wrote on Instagram. "Well I'm not."

Sadler said she's at home, dealing with intense symptoms.

Though developing COVID-19 after getting fully vaccinated is rare, it is possible and "expected," the Centers for Disease Control say, as the vaccines are not 100% effective against the virus. Those cases — called breakthrough infections — are typically asymptomatic, and fully vaccinated people are much better protected against severe illness from COVID-19 that could lead to hospitalization or death. Only a tiny fraction of fully vaccinated people, around 0.00003%, have been hospitalized with COVID-19, according to the CDC.

Old 07-14-2021, 03:42 PM

23,278 posts, read 18,810,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cats2fish44 View Post
I would prefer the lockdown. Humans are killing this earth and the animals. Best we stay inside.
The earth and its animals are negatively affected by the human population whether it stays indoors on lockdown or not!!

Old 07-14-2021, 03:51 PM

16 posts, read 10,604 times
My friends all have some kind of respitory thing,had it about a week now....... They went and got tested and they said it wasnt anything specific just a bad cold or something..... I have been missing them like crazy as I havent been able to go visit in a week or so......... I hope they all get better (All of them in the family seem to have gotton it,its scary)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness