Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2021, 03:28 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medical Lab Guy View Post
Question,

Why doesn't the paranoid personality fear a natural infection by COVID instilling a zombie state more than it does of a vaccine?

Hundreds of thousands and millions around the world have died and yet they fear the vaccine more.

That is the thing I have never figured out. For them every VAERS death report is factual and indicates how the vaccine is killing people but covid death numbers are not to be trusted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2021, 07:42 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Sweeping new rules announced today will put the pressure on 4 million federal workers to be vaccinated. Regrettable that our idiot not-savant citizens have to be compelled to be sensible. The federal government is also pressuring private-sector employers to get with the program and mandate vaccination. Let’s hope they do that, and soon. Mingling without vaccination is akin to DWI. Intentionally putting others at risk while indulging your character flaws.

In other good news, vaccination rates jumped 18% as delta is scaring the crap out of certain people who were stupid but on the fence. They now fell off, luckily on the right side. God will NOT save you or give a good G.D. about you. You’ll just get sick and have a good chance to suffer or die. So act in your own best interest and get the vaccine and prepare your little brain for booster shots. Idiot not-savants will not be spared. They must save themselves, and those they hang with.

Old 07-29-2021, 09:43 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,658,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Sweeping new rules announced today will put the pressure on 4 million federal workers to be vaccinated. Regrettable that our idiot not-savant citizens have to be compelled to be sensible. The federal government is also pressuring private-sector employers to get with the program and mandate vaccination. Let’s hope they do that, and soon. Mingling without vaccination is akin to DWI. Intentionally putting others at risk while indulging your character flaws.

In other good news, vaccination rates jumped 18% as delta is scaring the crap out of certain people who were stupid but on the fence. They now fell off, luckily on the right side. God will NOT save you or give a good G.D. about you. You’ll just get sick and have a good chance to suffer or die. So act in your own best interest and get the vaccine and prepare your little brain for booster shots. Idiot not-savants will not be spared. They must save themselves, and those they hang with.

An unvaccinated friend of mine (was ideally waiting for full FDA Approval) was freaked about Delta...called me about vaccination advice (which I got (Moderna...only one available at the time) way back in March/April), and just got his first Pfizer shot...happy he is finally seeing the light...hope not too late as Delta is sweeping the nation now with more unnecessary hospitalization and death.

Old 07-30-2021, 05:14 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
Go ahead and laugh at the video and pat yourselves on your collective backs congratulating yourselves on how smart you are when, in reality, you are brainwashed fools who cannot see beyond your collective noses. But you won't be able to say you were not warned. People are already dying from the C-19 injections, LOTS of them, and suffering life time disabilities, but go ahead and rationalize their deaths since that will make you feel so much better. It's a even larger pity that all these deaths mean nothing to you, at least until death strikes close to home, then maybe you'll believe. I am proudly un-injected and will remain so, but it will bother me greatly to see all the unnecessary deaths, that have occurred, and will certainly continue over the next several months, maybe up to two years. It must feel terrible knowing that you allowed, not just allowed, but actually got in line to receive a poison masquerading as a vaccine that the media convinced you needed for a virus with a 99.8% survival rate. Wow, just wow! If you haven't received the injection, don't; that's my warning to you, the choice is yours to make.
Do you believe the woman in the video you posted when she says that the vaccine makes your body able to receive instructions via 5G? What instructions do you think they're going to be sending?

Old 07-30-2021, 05:44 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,309,828 times
UK reporting that almost as many people who have received mitigative shots are testing positive as those who have not received such shots, and the expectation is the ratio will reverse in a few weeks time. Singapore has already reached that ratio.

At any rate, it still appears right now that those who have received shots are much less prone to hospitalization and death.

The recent relative drop in the number of cases in UK may be attributable to people tiring of going to get tested. Testing in the US is way down compared to UK and many European countries: chances are that people seek testing only when they really have to.

Israel has reiterated that the effective protection against infection provided by the mitigative shots wanes significantly over a period of months, though the CDC website still has figures from several months ago, while Pfizer also reports that such effectiveness diminishes on average around 6% every two months - even faster in immuno-compromised people - and it is seeking approval for third doses, which Israel has already approved for people with certain profiles, I believe.

At any rate, it still appears right now that those who have received shots are much less prone to hospitalization and death.

Let's just hope that there are no new "variants" going forward that would also reduce the mitigative shots' protection against hospitalization and death.

Reports that CDC may backtrack even further on masking guidelines, perhaps returning to the "universal" masking recommendation. A new announcement possible this evening, Friday, July 30th.

Kathleen Hall Jamieson, director of the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania, stated, "... [the CDC does] not appear to be candid about the extent to which breakthroughs are yielding hospitalizations.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...mask-guidance/

Good Luck!

Old 07-30-2021, 06:10 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,193,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Looks like the stupidest citizens on Earth are going to have us all returning to masks soon. We were beating this thing, but the atrocious and vacuous mystics who fall into superstition and conspiracy theories at every opportunity and refuse the basic common sense of vaccination are ruining it for everyone. We need the private sector to take action and mandate vaccination. I’d like to see a voluntary vaccine passport program, and I’d like to see every workplace, school, and company involved in public accommodation jump on it and require it. Force these idiots to just stay the heck out of the way and allow rational citizens to resume living to full potential. You want to voluntarily remain stupid? Fine. Do it where I’m not. Stay the heck home. You can’t respect or admire citizens of a country who behave like we do. American citizens used to be among the best in the world. We are now among the worst. Many of us pursue stupidity with unparalleled zeal and passion. Gross. Just gross.
The vaccine hesitancy is not solely an American phenomenon: do an image search for worldwide anti-vaccines protests - it is pretty much in every country - in some more outspoken - in the streets vs a quiet resistance - non-compliance in some others

Old 07-30-2021, 07:06 AM

5,714 posts, read 4,289,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
The vaccine hesitancy is not solely an American phenomenon: do an image search for worldwide anti-vaccines protests - it is pretty much in every country - in some more outspoken - in the streets vs a quiet resistance - non-compliance in some others

Now people can Become an Instant Idiot via Internet! It knows no borders.

Old 07-30-2021, 07:07 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Yeh I have a life. Google is available.
Yeah, I have a life too. Typically if one makes a claim, one supports it with source(s). But you do you. And noted.

Old 07-30-2021, 07:18 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
You are right that we can only control our own actions. I'm glad you brought it up. We wouldn't be in this mess to the extent we are if more people took responsibility for their own actions regarding their health as you are doing.

Nearly half the US population has one or more chronic disease, diseases that make them more susceptible to severe cases of this virus and other diseases. These are diet and lifestyle related diseases. I've linked to the data several times before so won't bother to do it again. This is an example of common knowledge anyway, yet some act as though it isn't.

We are a year and a half into this and authorities are still not getting the message to the masses that their immune systems are their best defense, and that they can support their immune systems with diet, exercise, sleep and reducing stress. If you can't get sufficient nutrition, add supplements. It's common knowledge that poor nutrition, insufficient exercise and sleep, and unmanaged stress harm the immune system. Based on accounts I'm seeing, many people are even worse now than before the pandemic due to increasingly poor habits.

To be clear, I'm not referring to the immunocompromised and those with diseases from genetic causes, but the majority of diseases in the US are chronic diet and lifestyle diseases. We have known from the beginning that these are the highest risk factors. They are the most preventable, and even reversible in many cases.

These are the people whining that the other half of the population must sacrifice and protect them. Why, when they can't be bothered to help themselves. They've had a year and a half to get their act together while the other half has done what they can to protect them. They've been waiting for a vaccine so they don't have to do anything. Well, now it seems the vaccines are waning and not as effective against some variants, yet they are demanding that perfectly healthy adults and children get it anyway. Even those who already have natural immunity. Many healthy people have obliged and some sacrificed their own health, yet they dismiss it as if they are entitled. When half the people won't do simple things to improve their own health to decrease their risks, the other half will only go so far. It never seems to be enough for these selfish, irresponsible people.

It should be abundantly clear by now to everyone that high risk people, vaccinated or not, need to take steps to protect themselves. Heed whatever guidelines you need to protect yourselves and stop trying to control others.

By the way, how do we know that the vaccines didn't cause one or more of the variants? We don't, but let's keep blindly forging ahead!

The creation of a vaccine for any new virus could also cause additional mutations."

https://www.unitypoint.org/article.a...e-1317a3396dd8
I don't agree with this entire post but I do agree with much of it. (Especially find the last part laughable but otherwise it's pretty good.)

I just want to point out that my immune system is apparently in great order, and at age 59 I have no pre existing comorbidities. I am on no prescription drugs, for anything. And I've had several really big blows emotionally and physically this year, entirely unrelated to COVID 19. What I did was go immediately to the doctor, have my levels of everything checked, and I upped the supplements she recommended that I increase, which were calcium and vitamin D specifically. Oh and I added zinc and vitamin K.

And I got the vaccine in March and have had zero complications from it and feel very strong and very good.

I don't think that the majority of people who got the vaccine were just waiting around till it got here. What I see more of is people just counting on those who are vaccinated to protect people in general, while they're not taking the vaccine OR wearing a mask or changing their lifestyles or (fill in the blank). No one is wearing a mask in public anymore and yet I'm pretty sure the local stats are that about 50 percent of people are vaccinated. But people hate those masks so much that the minute a sign is up saying masks aren't required for vaccinated people, everyone takes their masks off (if they were wearing them in the first place - and many people were "wearing" them but wearing them below their noses, which is useless).

I just wish people would follow science and regulations so we can get past this.

Old 07-30-2021, 07:52 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Now people can Become an Instant Idiot via Internet! It knows no borders.
Before social networking, everyone ignored the drunk in the bar spouting nonsense. Now, that drunk in the bar is on social media with an enormous megaphone.

If you’re not vaccinated and you didn’t order a few boxes of N95 masks as it became clear that Delta was going to be a huge problem, you’re doing it wrong. Wearing an N95 mask indoors, I’m well protected and can otherwise live my life normally other than sticking to al fresco dining. Vaccinated, I know it’s unlikely I’ll get exposed to enough viral load using the mask to overwhelm my vaccinated immune system. I’m very unlikely to land in the hospital and more likely to be killed by a car than by COVID-19.

I have three multi-week ski trip flights booked to Denver where I’ll be at my Beaver Creek condo. I’m not at all concerned wearing an N95 mask on the flights, at the airport, and in the van. I can walk to the lift. It should be near-normal. I’ll just need to keep up with my booster shots once the Federal government gets their head out of their butt and follows the Israel lead and Pfizer data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness