Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 03:54 AM

783 posts, read 814,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
While I admit there is a slight possiblity she could have had a small amount of "black" blood (since the exact identity of her mother is unknown) there is no question a majority of her blood was Macedonian Greek. She was born into a family of incest and inbreeding.

The story below in Essence magazine is quite ridiculous as well as ignorant.

How anyone can graduate college let alone high school and think Cleopatra was a "black queen" is unbelievable.

================================================== ================================================== ==============

""Gasp, the nerve! "She's got the perfect look?" Honestly, I don't care how full Angelina Jolie's lips are, how many African children she adopts, or how bronzed her skin will become for the film, I firmly believe this role should have gone to a Black woman. ""

"Why does Hollywood think it's even slightly plausible to cast White women in roles that would be more sensible to cast a Black actress for? Especially when that role is an African queen."

"Now, Jolie is set to play Cleopatra, who isn't as technically perfect as some would claim if you study the Queen of the Nile's distinguished history."

Commentary: Another White Actress to Play Cleopatra? - Essence.com (http://www.essence.com/entertainment/hot_topics/commentary_angelina_jolie_to_play_cleopa.php?page= 29 - broken link)
Cleopatra was Greek but the closest living relatives to those people who founded the ancient Egyptian kingdom are today to be found in horn of africa.

Old 06-20-2010, 04:39 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Whatever:

"Berbers display a heterogeneous autosomal profile but in general autosomal markers are predominantly European or Eurasian with a minor but significant Sub-Saharan African component. As a result, Berber populations possess a genetic profile that is intermediate between Europeans and Sub-Saharan Africans. Analysis of HLA markers has shown that Berbers have a close genetic relationship with Mediterranean Europeans but also possess some characteristics of Sub-Saharan Africans."

Berber people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They obviously have had very diverse input, which shows in the difference between y chromosome and mtDNA, the former being predominantly of African origin, the latter of Eurasian origin.
I guess the Iberian peninsula, which played an important role in the interaction between the two continents, has anthropologically been more a part of North Africa than of Europe before the Celts arrived from the north.

A couple of days ago I was watching a soccer match between Algeria and some other team, and it struck me how similar a lot of Algerian players look to Portuguese

Old 06-22-2010, 05:40 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,982,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
They obviously have had very diverse input, which shows in the difference between y chromosome and mtDNA, the former being predominantly of African origin, the latter of Eurasian origin.
I guess the Iberian peninsula, which played an important role in the interaction between the two continents, has anthropologically been more a part of North Africa than of Europe before the Celts arrived from the north.

A couple of days ago I was watching a soccer match between Algeria and some other team, and it struck me how similar a lot of Algerian players look to Portuguese
Well even the Portugese people have traces of Sub-Sarahan DNA. Even Greek people as well as British and Dutch people.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:50 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,982,756 times
Greeks are found to have a substantial relatedness to sub-Saharan (Ethiopian) people, which separate them from other Mediterranean groups. Both Greeks and Ethiopians share quasi-specific DRB1 alleles, such as *0305, *0307, *0411, *0413, *0416, *0417, *0420, *1110, *1112, *1304 and *1310. Genetic distances are closer between Greeks and Ethiopian/sub-Saharan groups than to any other Mediterranean group and finally Greeks cluster with Ethiopians/sub-Saharans in both neighbour joining dendrograms and correspondence analyses. The time period when these relationships might have occurred was ancient but uncertain and might be related to the displacement of Egyptian-Ethiopian people living in pharaonic Egypt.

HLA genes in Macedonians and the sub-Saharan origi... [Tissue Antigens. 2001] - PubMed result

Old 06-22-2010, 06:02 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Greeks are found to have a substantial relatedness to sub-Saharan (Ethiopian) people, which separate them from other Mediterranean groups. Both Greeks and Ethiopians share quasi-specific DRB1 alleles, such as *0305, *0307, *0411, *0413, *0416, *0417, *0420, *1110, *1112, *1304 and *1310. Genetic distances are closer between Greeks and Ethiopian/sub-Saharan groups than to any other Mediterranean group and finally Greeks cluster with Ethiopians/sub-Saharans in both neighbour joining dendrograms and correspondence analyses. The time period when these relationships might have occurred was ancient but uncertain and might be related to the displacement of Egyptian-Ethiopian people living in pharaonic Egypt.

HLA genes in Macedonians and the sub-Saharan origi... [Tissue Antigens. 2001] - PubMed result
"The human DRB1 alleles can be divided into groups (allelic lineages); most of these lineages have diverged from each other before the separation of Homo and Pan. Alleles within such a lineage, however, appear to be, on average, 250,000 years old, implying that the vast majority (greater than 90%) of the more than 135 contemporary human DRB1 alleles have been generated after the separation of Homo and Pan. The coalescence time of alleles within allelic lineages indicates that the effective population size (Ne) for early hominids (over the last 1 Myr) was approximately 104 individuals, similar to estimates based on other nuclear loci and mitochondrial DMA."

Recent origin of HLA-DRB1 alleles and implications for human evolution - Nature Genetics

Old 06-22-2010, 11:59 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,606,786 times
Slavic propaganda.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:44 AM

364 posts, read 717,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
Cleopatra was Greek but the closest living relatives to those people who founded the ancient Egyptian kingdom are today to be found in horn of africa.

Exactly...
Cleopatra-Greek
Nefertiti-Black, probably looked like a present day Somalian or Ethiopian woman

Old 06-24-2010, 06:37 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,748,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone2flyboy View Post
Nefertiti-Black, probably looked like a present day Somalian or Ethiopian woman

And here I thought she looked like Anne Baxter. Oh wait; that was Nefertiri.

"The city he builds will bear my name, the woman he loves will bear my child."

Old 06-25-2010, 09:21 AM

46 posts, read 100,382 times
Cleopatra was not Greek, she was Macedonian.
The Ptolomeans never mixed with Egiptians, not the case of other Macedonian dynasties descended from Macedonian generals.
Ethnic composition of ancient Macedonians was totally different from ancient Greeks, more so to modern Greeks.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:34 AM

46 posts, read 100,382 times
---------------

That was a false theory proven wrong many times. Iberians had no relationship whatsoever with North Africa, and they did not come from Africa as widely believed until recently. Just the other way, Iberians settled in North Africa in small pockets.

Celts are not a race, but a language.

The fact that Rb1 is predominant in Spain proves that most Spanish people come from different waves of Indoeuropean invaders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History