Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2020, 06:42 AM

50,383 posts, read 64,034,538 times

Advertisements

I am sick of my blue willow and it’s time to buy some replacement pieces, but I can’t find much I like better, and I’d need all new serving pieces too. I’d start using the good China for everyday, except it has gold on it so it’s not practical.

I like patterns and I especially like mixing patterns. I fell in love with a pattern a few years ago, but dragged my feet and now it’s hard to come by, and doesn’t have serving pieces.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/222-Fifth...?selected=true
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2020, 08:01 AM

9,467 posts, read 5,237,391 times
[quote=Flamingo13;50520219]My dishes are fiestaware - so all diff. colors. I couldn't handle (visually) a busy/floral pattern.[/QUOTE/]

I used to have a hodgepodge of dinnerware but after going to a favorite restaurant, junked it all and bought some Fiestaware, which they used. I honestly LOVE it. They are happy dishes
I don't have all colors, though. Right now, they are limited to yellow, turquoise, red, lemongrass and tangerine. I like putting the different colors together for place settings. That said, I also have some plain white porcelain bowls that I use for pasta.
I don't do 'busy.' LOL.

Old 12-20-2020, 08:22 AM

50,383 posts, read 64,034,538 times
[quote=Riley.;59953965]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
My dishes are fiestaware - so all diff. colors. I couldn't handle (visually) a busy/floral pattern.[/QUOTE/]

I used to have a hodgepodge of dinnerware but after going to a favorite restaurant, junked it all and bought some Fiestaware, which they used. I honestly LOVE it. They are happy dishes
I don't have all colors, though. Right now, they are limited to yellow, turquoise, red, lemongrass and tangerine. I like putting the different colors together for place settings. That said, I also have some plain white porcelain bowls that I use for pasta.
I don't do 'busy.' LOL.
Maybe my fetish for mixing patterns would be satisfied with multi colored Fiesta? Hmmm. Although i detest red and yellow together, any other combinations would be fine.

Old 12-20-2020, 08:36 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,565,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
I’ve always loved my Franciscan Desert Rose pattern. I wanted it as a teenager and when I got my first really settled apt after college I splurged. I still use it regularly, alternating with my Kafuh Cherry Blossom

https://www.replacements.com/webquote/fn_deros.htm

https://www.replacements.com/webquote/kfhchb.htm

I love them with any food...
After I divorced and downsized, I rotated the Franciscan Desert Rose dishes that were once reserved for special occasions into everyday use. My mother received them from her mother when she married and gifted them to me when I married as I had always admired them. My aunt and cousin added to the set with more vintage pieces as their wedding gift, so I once had all of the pieces (and then some) for full service for twelve people.

All of my pieces save the teapot are of the vintage made in the USA runs. I downsized the set to service for eight and sold a few of the extraneous pieces that I had never used, so I now have exactly the pieces that get used on a regular basis.

It's nice using those dishes several times every day, Mom enjoys seeing them used when she comes to visit, and they set a very pretty table.

Old 12-20-2020, 11:26 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,200,330 times
I have Portmeirion from England, for everyday use, each plate has a different beautiful flower. It always makes me feel good seeing all the beautiful,flowers. I have china that is white and platinum for holidays.

Old 12-20-2020, 11:41 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,423,370 times
I loved this thread 3 years ago when I posted in it. I'm still mostly using my Polish pottery for everyday dining and still buy pieces for it when something new comes out in my preferred color scheme. These dinner plates are lighter than my WS white set so they are just easier to grab for the two of us, and the designs make me happy. The two sets mix together very well. I'm using my wedding china more and more because I like it and because it's a lighter weight and feels good. I use the china exclusively for buffets now because many of our friends are older and can't manage a heavy plate with food. I like patterned dinnerware and I like white, depends on the mood.

Old 12-20-2020, 12:16 PM

[quote=gentlearts;59954094]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post

Maybe my fetish for mixing patterns would be satisfied with multi colored Fiesta? Hmmm. Although i detest red and yellow together, any other combinations would be fine.
I think they might work for you. Suggestion: go somewhere where they sell Fiestaware to see it in person. They have quite a few colors, too, and I bet you'd find combos that you like. Even the red and yellow look good together....the yellow is lemony....a pleasing shade. And they are made in the US, by the Homer Laughlin Company. They've been around for a long time.

Last edited by Riley.; 12-20-2020 at 12:18 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 12-20-2020, 07:52 PM

2,864 posts, read 1,811,707 times
! Fiesta ! In Spanish, means Party, Feast ! Ole ! Yellow, Red, party colors !

Have had several sets of stone ware, in the last 50 years. A solid yellow pattern of Franciscan ware my first. A Dansk with a blue pattern (serve for 12, what was I thinking ! ) my daughter-in-law now uses.

Surprised when my special needs granddaughters came to visit, purchased Corelle, with a blue pattern around the edge. It's what I now enjoy. Surprised too, purchased several different sizes of Pioneer Woman's China, in colorful motifs.

Posted here as I'm not a fussy? person. Except some items, like tableware !

? Charges ? Do you use them, please explain . Plain cook, I am, have learned, setting a welcoming table makes all the difference in your dining experience, Especially with dear friends and/or kin.

Old 12-21-2020, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sera View Post
! Fiesta ! In Spanish, means Party, Feast ! Ole ! Yellow, Red, party colors !

Have had several sets of stone ware, in the last 50 years. A solid yellow pattern of Franciscan ware my first. A Dansk with a blue pattern (serve for 12, what was I thinking ! ) my daughter-in-law now uses.

Surprised when my special needs granddaughters came to visit, purchased Corelle, with a blue pattern around the edge. It's what I now enjoy. Surprised too, purchased several different sizes of Pioneer Woman's China, in colorful motifs.

Posted here as I'm not a fussy? person. Except some items, like tableware !

? Charges ? Do you use them, please explain . Plain cook, I am, have learned, setting a welcoming table makes all the difference in your dining experience, Especially with dear friends and/or kin.
I'm with you...I have the basics, but did buy a pie plate (for quiche) and a small and medium sized serving dish, which the restaurant I used to frequent used to serve the food on. For tacos and tamales they were a good size. I still love these dishes years later.

Old 12-23-2020, 11:54 AM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Years ago I traded my well loved, but heavy, set of white "Gazebo" stoneware by Pfaltzgraff (discontinued) for a set of lightweight white porcelain by Royal Worchester called "Mirage" that I got for a song on Overstock. My flatware is Oneida/Betty Crocker "Adelphia", which I also got at a great price from a flatware discount site. Both patterns were discontinued before I bought them and I probably caught the clearance. Fortunately I bought more than I needed because these days replacements are $$ and hard, if not impossible, to come by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating