Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2023, 07:42 AM

4,610 posts, read 3,304,325 times

Advertisements

Well, it's not a bonafide house improvement thing - it's a Lodge enameled cast iron casserole pot. I love it; it has become my "go to" pot for making most dinners. Spaghetti, pork cassoulet, soups, chicken curry. I didn't get the humongeous size, I got the 4 quart size, which I can just about handle without dislocating my wrist. I chose the Lodge after a lot of research, but I never would have put down the $$ for Le Creuset anyway, no matter how much I might have wanted one.

It cooks on the stovetop, goes into the oven, looks cute on the table as a serving dish (bright red), and just generally fills a hole in my cookware that I didn't know was there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2023, 01:23 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,533,060 times
We all need to do this twice a year. Clean your lint vents. You can purchase kits online to do it yourself.

I bought one a couple years ago but it isn't long enough to make it through my whole vent. I figured I would grab the ladder and tackle it from the other end, but alas, I haven't done that. My vent is high above my head outside so its not an easy task. I just bought another kit that will extend to 40' which with the 12' I already have should reach all the way through. Amazon is delivering it today so I will tackle this very soon.

How do you know your vent is clogged? Drying time creeps up until it takes double or triple the time it used to take. I'm there now.

Old 04-03-2023, 01:33 PM

8,772 posts, read 5,062,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
We all need to do this twice a year. Clean your lint vents. You can purchase kits online to do it yourself.

I bought one a couple years ago but it isn't long enough to make it through my whole vent. I figured I would grab the ladder and tackle it from the other end, but alas, I haven't done that. My vent is high above my head outside so its not an easy task. I just bought another kit that will extend to 40' which with the 12' I already have should reach all the way through. Amazon is delivering it today so I will tackle this very soon.

How do you know your vent is clogged? Drying time creeps up until it takes double or triple the time it used to take. I'm there now.
Aso a fire hazard!

Old 04-04-2023, 12:42 PM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post

So true! We have a VERY long run from outside to the dryer, so got a 40’ one also. We discovered that the outlet collected water when it rained, so the lint turned into a sodden mess.

Old 04-17-2023, 10:53 AM

4,607 posts, read 6,432,987 times
I just bought the Kobalt 40 volt straight cordless trimmer with the battery. It is easy to put together, and boy, does this thing have power. I have a very small yard, but it took me about five minutes to cut the grass, instead of the usual 20-25 minutes! And the charge lasts quite a while. I have not had to feed the line yet, but I understand it can be challenging. Otherwise, I love this tool!

https://www.amazon.com/Kobalt-40-Vol.../dp/B0754123MF

Old 04-18-2023, 08:26 AM

1,492 posts, read 797,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
I just bought the Kobalt 40 volt straight cordless trimmer with the battery. It is easy to put together, and boy, does this thing have power. I have a very small yard, but it took me about five minutes to cut the grass, instead of the usual 20-25 minutes! And the charge lasts quite a while. I have not had to feed the line yet, but I understand it can be challenging. Otherwise, I love this tool!

https://www.amazon.com/Kobalt-40-Vol.../dp/B0754123MF
I have the Ryobi version with the edger with blade attachment!

Old 04-18-2023, 08:50 AM

4,610 posts, read 3,304,325 times
Here's my absolute greatest purchase of the decade:

https://www.amazon.com/Fengbao-2PCS-...dDbGljaz10cnVl

I was sick to death of that darned sink strainer basket rotating around and dropping down to close up the sink drain every danged time I turned the water on. Wouldn't stay open. It was a major hassle, and for what? I always use a plastic pan if I want to wash something in the sink anyway. This has been an absolute joy, easy to clean, looks really nice, and what else can I say? Oh yes, cost under $10!

Old 04-18-2023, 09:06 AM

36,422 posts, read 16,034,254 times
Dyson V11 Torque drive. Amazing, all floors, so light, I'm 70, it's my favorite and the Ego Battery Leaf Blower.

Old 04-18-2023, 12:18 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,585,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
Here's my absolute greatest purchase of the decade:

https://www.amazon.com/Fengbao-2PCS-...dDbGljaz10cnVl

I was sick to death of that darned sink strainer basket rotating around and dropping down to close up the sink drain every danged time I turned the water on. Wouldn't stay open. It was a major hassle, and for what? I always use a plastic pan if I want to wash something in the sink anyway. This has been an absolute joy, easy to clean, looks really nice, and what else can I say? Oh yes, cost under $10!

Interesting! I use the cheap screen ones I pick up in the grocery store usually. They don't last forever, but they do a good job. These are nice!

This is the type I use:

https://www.amazon.com/Strainer-Stai...08ML19LB4&th=1

Old 04-19-2023, 02:49 PM

10,123 posts, read 1,026,513 times
Hoover Carpet Cleaner - great if you have pets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House