Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2021, 07:45 PM

102 posts, read 86,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAF View Post
This is a super long shot but I will throw this out there....... How old is your water heater and where is it located. Mine is in the garage but I hear popping noises pretty regularly that radiate in parts of the house. My understanding is the sediment in the bottom of the water heater causes the popping noise. I have an expansion tank on top of the water heater that has failed and it pops as well. (I am having the water heater flushed and the expansion tank replaced). Again.... a long shot but mine pops more than just a couple of times a day and its loud when I am in the garage.

Unfortunately it's not related to water heater. The noises aren't coming from the garage. They are mainly coming from the ceiling as well as the walls, inside the attic and even siding. It's something to do with the structure of the house, shifting, flexing, moving, popping, snapping and banging CONSTANTLY, day and night. We had the water shut down for 2 days and the noises can still be heard. We had inspectors and engineers at the house. Couldn't see any damage on the surface, and couldn't offer any solution. The noises can be heard throughout the house and some are very very loud.

Thanks for the tip. I appreciate folks like yourself who are trying to give me a hint. I asked a serious technical question hoping that someone might have a solution, I'm not here to "prank" others, "trash USA homes", or as some are suggesting "to sell a book". I'm here because I NEED HELP and some are going as far as "wishing me harm" and "causing more more pain".

We create the society we live in. I feel SICK to my stomach that some folks are here making fun of this post by suggesting that "because of lack of sleep, I'm at the end of my rope. I could get sick, end up in a "nut house", lose my job, or go to to prison". This is IMMORAL, INHUMANE and really uncalled for. What if the situation was reversed and this happened to you? Then it wouldn't be that funny, would it?

Last edited by coolsara; 10-27-2021 at 08:06 PM..

Old 10-27-2021, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
this is exactly what I was thinking.

Also, If this is true, and I'm beginning, I'd be asking all my neighbors next to me across the street etc, if they have this problem also.

three houses in a row?

does the poster have a certain appliance? air conditioner?

somthing is not right here.

Asked neighbors, in all the 3 houses. BTW, they are not located in the same neighborhood.

House no.1: None of the neighbors had it at that time (back in 2018)
House no2: Two neighbors had it (not as loud), but others didn't
House no3: One neighbor has it, but others don't.

It's not related to any appliance or AC. The noises are coming from the structure of the house itself, mainly ceiling and walls.

Old 10-27-2021, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
I am the one that posted that the only thing to do is hire a structural engineer. But, I consider all possibilities and found the article interesting.

Had a builder over, didn't have any idea what it could be. Called a few structural engineers, no luck

Old 10-27-2021, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
I feel for you. We once had a home that we put new siding on. Everytime it was windy, the walls would crack. It kept us up at night. We had the siding taken down, and nothing was found. Now it is someone else`s problem. We moved, but not because of that. It is no laughing or joking matter.

Thanks for sharing this. With my house, the noises happen even in calm sunny days.

Old 10-27-2021, 09:43 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,953,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsara View Post
Unfortunately it's not related to water heater. The noises aren't coming from the garage. They are mainly coming from the ceiling as well as the walls, inside the attic and even siding. It's something to do with the structure of the house, shifting, flexing, moving, popping, snapping and banging CONSTANTLY, day and night. We had the water shut down for 2 days and the noises can still be heard. We had inspectors and engineers at the house. Couldn't see any damage on the surface, and couldn't offer any solution. The noises can be heard throughout the house and some are very very loud.

Thanks for the tip. I appreciate folks like yourself who are trying to give me a hint. I asked a serious technical question hoping that someone might have a solution, I'm not here to "prank" others, "trash USA homes", or as some are suggesting "to sell a book". I'm here because I NEED HELP and some are going as far as "wishing me harm" and "causing more more pain".

We create the society we live in. I feel SICK to my stomach that some folks are here making fun of this post by suggesting that "because of lack of sleep, I'm at the end of my rope. I could get sick, end up in a "nut house", lose my job, or go to to prison". This is IMMORAL, INHUMANE and really uncalled for. What if the situation was reversed and this happened to you? Then it wouldn't be that funny, would it?
You seem to have an awful lot of spare time to post extremely long responses here; I would think you'd spend that time either trying to find a solution in the real world or taking steps to escape this place. It almost seems you're more concerned with certain people's attitudes toward your problem than the problem itself.

Old 10-28-2021, 01:31 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,426,871 times
Quote:

As anybody can see, NOBODY was making fun of you. How you came to that conclusion is beyond me. But nevertheless, I'm done taking this thread seriously. You are NOT looking for help. This is a scam. You just want people to feel sorry for you. I came to that conclusion when you portrayed yourself as the victim of the people answering, for the umpteenth time, and no one here is attacking you.

Old 10-28-2021, 04:38 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,567,253 times
I'm too lazy to go back through the thread but I do recall, as I've been reading it, I've come across a few nasty or snarky posts that made me scratch my head over the meanness of people.

Old 10-28-2021, 05:32 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,067,203 times
Sell the house and rent for awhile see what happens at least you can move easier if there is something that causes sleep loss.

Old 10-28-2021, 06:39 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,670,049 times
Quote:
Asked neighbors, in all the 3 houses. BTW, they are not located in the same neighborhood.

House no.1: None of the neighbors had it at that time (back in 2018)
House no2: Two neighbors had it (not as loud), but others didn't
House no3: One neighbor has it, but others don't.

It's not related to any appliance or AC. The noises are coming from the structure of the house itself, mainly ceiling and walls.
The structure of the home could be related to something happening with the AC or other appliances, such as the ducting hitting something. When my sump pump runs, the noises can be really loud when the sump is having to work hard. The machine will vibrate and the make the pipes bang on other parts of the home. Keep in mind that all your pipes and ducts are going to run through the walls and possibly the ceiling. It seems like you have had someone go into your attic, but it isn’t unusual for something to get disconnected up there. My parents had a disconnected dryer vent for a long time and I think I had a fan vent that disconnected.

Old 10-28-2021, 07:45 AM

37,604 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Quote:

If you are getting this upset at responses from people you don't even know, then maybe you need to have the thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House