Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 10:34 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,028,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggy_mba View Post
LOL. I called comcast customer service today and it took 4.5 minutes to reach a real person. Press 1 for this, 3 for this, 2 to go back....finally after almost 5 mins, a real person picked up. ufffffff.

How did you over come this? 4.5 mins is like forever. Not saying Comcast is great but you got a hold of someone in 4.5 mins on the weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 08:21 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,805,486 times
My vote is for Uverse.
Fantastic customer service, nice online support, good prices, good channel lineup, fast internet.
We've had equipment issues, but their customer service always made up for it.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:36 AM

11 posts, read 37,501 times
Uverse internet is shaky and you don't reliably get what you pay for.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:14 AM

105 posts, read 203,023 times
Just had a terrible experience with Comcast. Ordered Xfinity internet service online. They sent me the self install kit. I tried activating my account as instructed. Nope, wouldn't recognize my account number. Called customer service. They informed me that my account has been disconnected! Can you believe that? I just ordered the service and my account has been already disconnected. Although customer service representatives were very helpful, it took them 2 hours to figure out what actually happened and all this while I was on the phone with them. Finally they figured the problem was on their end (surprise!) and they shipped me a new self install kit since the modem that they sent previously has been disabled! I'm waiting for my replacement modem to arrive as I 'm typing this.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:18 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,501,448 times
Comcast/Xfinity has been terrible the past month around here. During the busiest hours of the evening, the service is rolling. It took three visits, a new modem, and a diagnosed "bad frequency" for them to admit it was their problem. It's still not fixed. We bought a smart tv with internet and hoped to stream movies...yeah, not happening.

The major problem is there really isn't any other service that's more reliable. I really miss RoadRunner. Uverse is something we are considering, it's just another consistency problem/issue that I'm concerned about.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:10 PM

129 posts, read 460,970 times
Default A vote for UVerse

We are out in Fulshear/SW Katy and I work from home on multiple laptops at one time. Uverse has been very reliable for coming up on 2 years now.....

Prior to this house we had Entouch - not a fan. Not even close.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:50 PM

413 posts, read 1,180,187 times
I placed a comcast order with self install kit. It took 6 days with a weekend in between for the kit to arrive.

The bill came with the start date same as the order placed date...LOL. Their Business and IT director should be fired with immediate effect. How can one start the billing with the equipment still in the warehouse

Old 10-20-2012, 03:28 PM

1 posts, read 3,657 times
Comcast service is awful.
The cable goes out too often.
Picture quality is variable.
We seem to have a technician in our home evey 6 to 8 weeks.
Video on demand works less than half the time.
The DVR boxes are ancient and have continuous problems
We are continuopusly replacing them.
My ATT internet is winderful......................................... ...
totally dependable.
We are in the process of switching to Uverse

Old 10-20-2012, 07:23 PM

87 posts, read 174,865 times
Comcast internet has been solid for me but I will agree that peak hours does bog usage sometimes but it hasn't been a big deal. My biggest issue is their $hitty receiver boxes they use. I've been through 2 dvr's and one hd box so far. All of them I've had to go stand in line and exchange myself. Yes their customer service is scripted and repetitive but eventually the problem gets resolved. They all stick it to you on the bill so I say go with whoever has the most appealing offers and channel lineup. I like comcast because I get all my rockets and astros games.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:26 PM

87 posts, read 174,865 times
I don't know what area you are in but I had charter cable for a year with great service and internet for half of the monthly cost of comcast. I miss having them. Never had a hardware failure and the internet was fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston