Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 07:37 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,372,325 times

Advertisements

I prefer Uverse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 08:34 PM

951 posts, read 1,453,273 times
I had uverse for 1 year discounted at 25 dollars

after 1 year they increased the price to 48 dollars so I switched to Comcast for 30 dollars

Uverse was faster

Old 10-21-2012, 12:05 PM

13 posts, read 19,512 times
Here in Pearland I had AT&T DSL for quite some time until I started having issues with intermittent disconnections that a number of their techs were not able to solve.
I ended up switching to Comcast. Speed is great, DSL is not even a comparison. Connection was very reliable for about 6 months and then I started having issues. The internet would go off line great part of the day and I had the unpleasant experience to deal with their customer service. When you call each time a different person responds and seems they don't turn their brains on and have to go by the book, a script of questions that I had already tried. Fortunately, after calls and calls, I ended up talking to a lady that really listened to my frustration and actually saved all the problem history. She dispatched a tech that came and check on their cables outside my home and ended up finding issues on their junction boxes on the lines that feed this part of my subdivision. Apparently some installations, especially in new neighborhoods suffer this kind of problems with climate changes. The tech did the fix and has been working great since he came, about 6 days ago.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:57 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,203,029 times
I have heard nothing but good about Uverse.

I could write a book on Comcast. I hate them. I need to take the time to switch.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:42 AM

670 posts, read 1,442,491 times
DirecTV is by far much better than ****cast. Price, picture quality, equipment, interface, channel selection, anyroom DVR, apps, service, you name it. We bundled our phone and internet with U-verse and got some savings on taht by going with DirectTV. The comcast equipment is so bad and out-dated and it was funny how when I was waiting for 15 minutes to turn my equipment in, 3 other people came in for the same reason. The internet is so far has been fast and solid.

Edit: Crap, just noticed that you're looking for internet only. But if you want to look into DirecTV PM me and I'll give you my rep's info, he's good to go.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:59 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,230,887 times
Had both..I prefer Uverse. Better overall service reliability and better plans.

But most important for myself and many...Uverse's customer service is 1000 times better than Comcast's customer service.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:16 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,224,760 times
Had comcast....never again.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:55 AM

840 posts, read 1,121,055 times
I'm going to be making this decision in a few weeks. Currently, I have AT&T DSL. The problems I experienced turned out to be with the anti-virus software they use. I had trouble opening up my email. Then after several years, AT&T changed anti-virus software and like magic, my email troubles were gone. I never called customer support because I figured they wouldn't know what to do. So, I just suffered through.

Now, I am moving into my house in Richmond and AT&T's website shows DSL is not available at my new address. I have cable with Comcast because I have a Tivo and use a cable card. I thought I would stay with Comcast cable and add the internet. Now it looks like some of you have problems with Comcast internet.

Is Uverse cable and internet? Unfortunately for me, I don't think their cable with work with my Tivo.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:02 PM

2,017 posts, read 3,524,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrallnamestaken View Post
Is Uverse cable and internet? Unfortunately for me, I don't think their cable with work with my Tivo.
Uverse can provide TV, internet, and VoIP telephone. If you have their TV service they give you a whole house DVR, so I assume you basically wouldn't need your Tivo anymore.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:21 PM

163 posts, read 450,099 times
DirecTV, hands down is the best television service. People speak negatively about dish service and losing picture, but I live in Florida and have the HD package and never lose my picture. When I do its because there are 75+ mph winds and rain.

Depending on how it does in Kansas City, I may switch to Google Fiber

Google Fiber
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston