Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 12:05 PM

2,756 posts, read 3,805,583 times

Advertisements

The Houston Trump/Cruz MAGA Rally today was massive, it was great to see our local community come out to support the USA-ny1.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 12:16 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmu View Post
Where is your proof the democrats or democrat supporters like Soros did not organize the caravan.
Where is your proof this "caravan" actually exists and still exists when the cameras aren't rolling?

Old 10-23-2018, 12:23 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,224,057 times
Quote:
Where is your proof the democrats or democrat supporters like Soros did not organize the caravan. Its not plausible that 7000 people are marching 1,000 miles without organization pertaining to route, food, drinks, restroom facilities, etc. The march IS being supported by someone...you have ZERO proof its not the democrats - and I believe Trump is probably significantly more informed than you are on the issue.
What is the logic in Soros organizing a caravan just a few weeks before the midterms? If true, it would just rile up the right-wingers and cause them to vote in larger numbers. How does that benefit Soros and the Dems? It would actually make more sense for Trump to be organizing the caravan.

Old 10-23-2018, 12:29 PM

1,835 posts, read 3,264,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthnry View Post
What is the logic in Soros organizing a caravan just a few weeks before the midterms? If true, it would just rile up the right-wingers and cause them to vote in larger numbers. How does that benefit Soros and the Dems? It would actually make more sense for Trump to be organizing the caravan.
I have none & I was not supporting the theory that Soros funded it... - just like the "fact checkers" on GMA have no proof at all of anything.

I will say only that I don't believe the caravan is organic - its been organized by someone with deep pockets, whoever that someone is.

Also, you people are eaten up by hate and have gone all-in on these absurd conspiracy theory that the right is racist, old white folks, clinging to an America of the past. Its total crap - just like those who think everyone on the left is an idiot on welfare. Neither are even remotely close to true.

Old 10-23-2018, 12:30 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,730,475 times
US Politics in a nutshell:

Liberal: “Lets raise taxes on the rich so everyone can have healthcare”

Rich Guys: “We don’t like taxes, take care of this”

Fox News Talking Heads: “Do you really want health care if blacks and immigrants get it to!”

Old Racist White Voters “Hell no we don’t!”

Trump: “Vote for me and Ill promise to save you from those evil immigrants (but actually my main acheivment is cutting taxes on corporations and the wealthy)”

Rich Guys: “Mission Accomplished!”

Old Racist White Voters: “Ive set up a Go Fund Me to help cover my medical expenses. Please send hopes and prayers.”

Old 10-23-2018, 12:31 PM

830 posts, read 1,727,696 times
I’m confused as to why you say they went “out to support the USA” as if the democrats support some other country. It’s no surprise people can’t grt along politically when this all boils down to “we support our country and they don’t”.

Old 10-23-2018, 12:39 PM

836 posts, read 1,119,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
What's the problem with White Americans? It's still legal to be white in Houston right?
Let me spell it out to you. White is just one color. There are plenty of people in this city and in this state and in the USA that are not white.

I'm sure lots of them don't see Trump as representing them (not because he is white) by what he does. A president should not divide the country and some of us feel that is exactly what he is doing. But, I believe that he and his supporters don't really care.

Old 10-23-2018, 01:29 PM

2,756 posts, read 3,805,583 times
Quote:

Also, you people are eaten up by hate and have gone all-in on these absurd conspiracy theory that the right is racist, old white folks, clinging to an America of the past. Its total crap - just like those who think everyone on the left is an idiot on welfare. Neither are even remotely close to true.
Mark, you will never admit it but you are so much like Trump in that you love to project your own shortcomings onto others.

Old 10-23-2018, 01:41 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer9 View Post
I'm not sure what you want me to use to "back it up." There's not like some sort of litmus test.

1. Hitler blames Jews for society's problems. Trump blames minorities.
Link?

Quote:
2. Xenophobia

3. Use of propaganda. Have you noticed that the MAGA movement has essentially trademarked the U.S. flag? Display of a U.S. flag is almost code-word now for "I'm a MAGA supporter." Look at his tweets. Everyone that he opposes has a nickname (lyin' Ted, crooked Hillary, etc). It sticks with voters.
WTF are you talking about?

Quote:
4. Use of fear-mongering and scare tactics.

5. Creeping authoritarianism. Anyone who disagrees with him is "treasonous" or against America.

I guess saying he's EXACTLY like Hitler is a huge overstatement. They definitely used a similar playbook on their road to power. They're marketing and branding geniuses. They want power however they can get it. They've no principles or belief systems. They'll say and do whatever will resonate with their fan base and support their ascent to power.

None of this really affects me in my little world. I get more side-eyed these days from certain white folks, but it doesn't really bother me. I'm just watching this **** show play out.
Certain white folks? Do you realize how bigoted you sound in your posts in this thread?

Old 10-23-2018, 01:47 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthnry View Post
What was the logic in accusing a SCOTUS appointee of a crime without a credible accuser, evidence, time-frame, location, witnesses or clear understanding of what they claim took place?

The left is desperate, they want 24/7 media coverage of a few thousand dark skinned children crying at the US border right before the midterms whether it's complete bull**** or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston